Goldilukes Diary of a food zombie

Sorry you are feeling so sick and hungry. And I hope you have a better day. I on the other hand feel sick with gluttony so am looking forward to a day of low
!
Have a great day xxx

lol Vicky that's how I felt until I saw my fridge for my low carb day :(

Sorry you're not feeling well :( Apparnetly high carb days should give you lots of energy whereas low carb days make you feel slightly sluggish in comparison. Feeling good is important so give it a couple more weeks and if it still doesn't feel right to you, go with what you're comfortable with. Stress makes you gain weight! x

Morning Pog,
I'm finding it the other way around well sort of. I find that on my second low carb and both mod carb days my energy levels are great but. High carb, cheat and first low carb I feel like poopoo :( so I'm thinking of doing 3 days low 3 days mod with a cheatish day eventually like maybe maintenance time.

how are you?

Hope your feeling better, I too feel better with low GL foods. Are you doing the one that's one week low carb -one week med and then one high? There's the one that's an every other day - the Chris Powell one, but don't know how the two compare result wise? Think the low GL and watching calories would be a good plan. x

Morning Val, there must be something in that way being better if we feel better on those days. I don't know why but I tend to cope better than high or cheat days.
I did check out Chris Powell and thought about either classic or turbo, not sure which yet but I'm ok to take it slower and lose slower now since I don't want to look any More ill. People around me are starting to tell me to stop and say I look ill :( I know I don't look as healthy as I used to but I'm still safely 1-1/2 stones to go.

Morning everyone,

10.1.4 this morning after my second day low carb. Today is my first of 2 mod carbs low GI. I looked at last weeks weights and I am around 2-4 ounces down from that starting point so that could end up being my virgin loss at the end of this week maybe. Still not sure how this thing works but am still giving it a go.

menu yesterday

B 6 walnuts
S jack cheese
L Atkins choc caramel crunch
s 100ml cream
D rump steak, green beans drizzled in Kerry gold butter

my menus for my low carb days have been really bad because I've had nothing in and I've been on the go quite a bit but I do plan on making sure my veg gets higher.

i was reading yesterday about why people look ill when they lose loads of weight and I found an article on the daily mail about nigella lawson and fern Britton. It was interesting and made me think maybe getting to 8-1/2 stone won't be right for my face...yeah body but not face because already I look quite unwell. I describe it as best I can as a poisoned look. So maybe I will be better off losing even half a pound per week and settling for 9stone as goal. Any more than this although all the doctors chart says is perfect for my height and age may not be good for my individual body. Just some thoughts I've been having and I have to remember it's not a race, I don't want to turn around in 8 years time when I am 40 and be sad that I spent a good amount of important time worrying about carbs, cals and pushing my body. My mam did something similar with the gym and she made her self ill, we believe it triggered her Graves' disease. I think I have her obsessive streak and have to watch myself careful. I have become addicted to walking, might sound good but I am ignoring my body when I am ill and going out regardless. Stupid.

my little goal in the mean time is to enjoy my food more again instead of just shutting up that hunger. Laugh....because honestly I've been so serious about dieting it consumes most of my day and I don't laugh like I see some women out there even if they are much bigger than me, I'm envious of their glowing skin and belly laugh. I've become a bit miserable and lonely in my mission and I can't think of a worse way to spend my years.

hope if you are still reading you can understand my waffle, it's early here and it's not like I make much sense anyway :)

Last edited:
Can understand it perfectly and you always make sense.

Why don't you set a mini goal of 5lbs and see from there how you look and feel. I know if I've been doing low carb for over 3 weeks, I look look and feel hellish and don't know why :(

We're the about the same height and have similar goals, but I've changed mine to be 9 1/2 stones because I'm finding working out with weights has really toned me up and I think I'll be fine at that weight. However I'm much older than you so things are um shifting around differently- ie: going south lol I carry my weight around my hips and bum so even at a really low weight a size 10 jean will probably always be tight around that area. However my exercise dvd is really changing my body shape and when I was 8 stone 10lbs a few years ago I didn't look as good as now tone wise. I'm happy with that so going to get heavier weights and hopefully tone up even more. X

You can't go as low as you were in your teens. It's the old analogy that you need to choose between your arse and your face. Kyle minogue obviously chose arse as she is quite lined now

Interesting pics on the Daily Mail article (yes I went and searched for it lol). I suppose you have to decide whether you're happy with your look and sometimes you have to listen to what people say. If lots of people especially people who don't know you're dieting keep asking if you're feeling ok, you look ill etc, you need to stop!

I find as I'm growing older I gain weight in different places and my body shape has changed quite a bit. I don't even know if I can get down to 57kg but I do want to fit back into size 10s so that is my target.

Yes, enjoy life, food and laugh a lot! :) x

I agree with the saying that you get to an age where you have to choose between your ar*e or your face !

I understand what you mean about the obsessive streak, Goldilukes. Moderation has always been a problem for me and sometimes I overdo things. I spent years pushing myself at work to the detriment of my physical and mental health, and the fallout from that has made me try to live a more balanced life. Dieting shouldn't consume your thoughts or take up your entire day, but I know you already know that. It sounds like you have great insight and for what it's worth, I think you're wise to take the weight off slowly and possibly reevaluate your goals. You're already at a healthy BMI (so envious!) and that's a fantastic accomplishment! Best of luck to you! :)

Hi Lauren, its an interesting discussion about looking well vs thin or bmi

I did hit bmi of 25 at my lowest but 2 kg up from that now. Interestingly when i meet people at the moment they always comment that i look healthy, glowing and i've lost more weight. Since i clearly havent lost any more weight i've decided that i've probably found a good spot:)

Hope you find you feel good balance point xx

Hi Lauren, its an interesting discussion about looking well vs thin or bmi

I did hit bmi of 25 at my lowest but 2 kg up from that now. Interestingly when i meet people at the moment they always comment that i look healthy, glowing and i've lost more weight. Since i clearly havent lost any more weight i've decided that i've probably found a good spot:)

Hope you find you feel good balance point xx

isnt that strange? It's likely you have found your comfy point without putting your body out too much. I am envious that you've maintained for so long. I get the feeling maintenance is harder than the losing.

I understand what you mean about the obsessive streak, Goldilukes. Moderation has always been a problem for me and sometimes I overdo things. I spent years pushing myself at work to the detriment of my physical and mental health, and the fallout from that has made me try to live a more balanced life. Dieting shouldn't consume your thoughts or take up your entire day, but I know you already know that. It sounds like you have great insight and for what it's worth, I think you're wise to take the weight off slowly and possibly reevaluate your goals. You're already at a healthy BMI (so envious!) and that's a fantastic accomplishment! Best of luck to you! :)

thanks so much Canadian.

I am trying to take things slower since I never put the weight on over night and yet I expect it to fly off over night is ridiculous and no wonder my body is confused and unwell. It only knows natural not world expectations of us humans.

Can understand it perfectly and you always make sense.

Why don't you set a mini goal of 5lbs and see from there how you look and feel. I know if I've been doing low carb for over 3 weeks, I look look and feel hellish and don't know why :(

We're the about the same height and have similar goals, but I've changed mine to be 9 1/2 stones because I'm finding working out with weights has really toned me up and I think I'll be fine at that weight. However I'm much older than you so things are um shifting around differently- ie: going south lol I carry my weight around my hips and bum so even at a really low weight a size 10 jean will probably always be tight around that area. However my exercise dvd is really changing my body shape and when I was 8 stone 10lbs a few years ago I didn't look as good as now tone wise. I'm happy with that so going to get heavier weights and hopefully tone up even more. X

Morning Val,

i completely agree with you on the toning and exercise. I witnessed this last year when I got working out and I think that's whats lacking for me now. 9-1/2 stones is a good normal weight for women of our height and so you've probably done whats best for your body by choosing that as your goal. I'm reevaluating mine for this very reason.

Interesting pics on the Daily Mail article (yes I went and searched for it lol). I suppose you have to decide whether you're happy with your look and sometimes you have to listen to what people say. If lots of people especially people who don't know you're dieting keep asking if you're feeling ok, you look ill etc, you need to stop!

I find as I'm growing older I gain weight in different places and my body shape has changed quite a bit. I don't even know if I can get down to 57kg but I do want to fit back into size 10s so that is my target.

Yes, enjoy life, food and laugh a lot! :) x

There is something exciting about a size 10, 12 isn't bad at all and yet I want a 10 all over from every store. Weird how we get our minds set on something. I think people mostly were used to me looking big so now they see me lower and panic. I still have a good among to go, I know because I still have huge amounts of fat around my middle which icks me out but I don't think diet will help this, I need to go back to my exercise regime which did help pull it back last year.

I thinks sometimes people are jealous of your loss and comment you have lost too much. Years ago I got back down to 10st 7 (I am 5ft 8) and some people said I had lost too much. I look back at me at that weight now, and I see nothing wrong, I looked great! What I mean is, its not necessarily good to take friends comments to heart.

Hi everyone,

sorry if I've missed anyone out in replies.
im 10.0.2 today which is still Higher than my previous of 9.13 but that's ok because it's better for me to take my time and enjoy my foods a little more. I've been logging on fit pal for a few days now and it reckons that at my daily cals each week I will lose 1.3 pounds. I very much doubt that because for some reason I don't work like the norm.
I am on around 1220 cals per day which says by June 2014 I will be 9-1/2 stone. We will see.

I still don't believe a calorie is a calorie.

menu yesterday was fun.

b all bran, almond milk
s jazz apple
d 2 slices wholemeal toast with butter
s Atkins advantage choc caramel crunch
d 2 cod pieces, wholegrain rice (didn't even fit my palm) and green beans
s 100ml single creAm in coffees throughout day, all my water.

ive basically ate this way since I last logged on here. I've decided not to do a cheat day because since that day last week I never got back to the 9s so I'm doing a mod/high low GI throughout with a couple of real strict low carb high fat days thrown in per week.

hopefully after waiting for what seems forever I am getting my gym pass this week. My oh has finally sold my treadmill :( so I said I'm having my gym fees out of the sale or it's not leaving this house :)

hope you are all well? and I'm off to check your diaries.

You deserve the fees from the sale lovely.

I'm currently researching 20s make up for a party on Saturday. So many contradictions! But in general heavy grey eyes with pink blush. I've got a natural cupids bow so enhancing that with some shine. Would you agree? I'm so cheeky lol xx

Hey Lauren :) I agree with what you have been saying. I just cought up with it all. Hope its working out well for ya.
I did the same, I look at my self and my goal. My BMI is going to be over for my hight. But you know what, I don't wanna look ill or like a boble head. Also, I don't think I could maintain a weight so low. so for me although 12 stone is technically over weight, I think its about right. hell, its better than the 17.5 I was three/four years ago anyway. Means I wont get really ill if I get the runs lol.

Just cought up with your youtube as well :) I love the purple look from last week. Gonna try that out tomorrow :)
I have an appointment for a tutorial with mac a week Thursday. I can't wait :D :D

Back