Goodthings calorie counting to maintain

Glad your coping ok!! The soup sounds yummy!!
I agree you shouldn't worry too much about your food/weight etc right now but if your struggling to get the cals in and are worrying about your dress then as a temporary fix you could try some of the food replacement shakes on top of your normal meals? Might help get this three pounds back on?
Hope Thursday goes as well as it can :( xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks ladies

Well I did have 1/3 portion of chips and a battered sausage tonight with my mum as we had it planned for weeks (the only takeaway mum likes is fish and chips). We had a regular sized portiion between 3 of us though so that's not too bad and I had only had an apple and 2 slices of wholemeal toast with an extra light laughing cow triangle all day as I had to go out on my lunch to get black trousers for the funeral.

I finally found some for a decent price in peacocks (I live and work in a town not a city so haven't got so many shops to choose from) and as you probably all know they are a size bigger in there (great for the ego) so I had to get size 8 but they didn't have any size 8 short! Only size 8 regular. I had to go for regular as I need them and I'll just have to turn them up. They had loads of 16,18 and 20 short though.

Last night I made a yummy homemade soup for our dinner. Not made one before and didn't follow a recipe, just made it up.

First I added 2 chicken stock cubes to boiling water (no idea how much water just poured it in) put it in a pan on the hob. I then added 2 peeled potatoes (not big ones) and boiled the potatoes in the stock. Then I chopped a leek and added to the boiling potatoes. Once the potatoes were done I added it all into the blender and blended for 1 minuted and poured it all back into the pan. Then I added 2 tablespoons of creme freche and stirred in well (note to self, add creme freche before blending next time) and then I popped in some already boiled carrots and already grilled bacon with the fat cut off. It made enough for 2 of us and filled a used and washed covent garden tub for OH. I surprised myself with how yummy it was

I agree with legomum, try a whey protein shake or complan for those days when eating is so hard. Full of lovely calories, and they don't taste too bad.

Soup sounds lovely. I'm going to pinch the recipe, because I have just received my new blender and I eager to get making soup!!! :D
I got a little soup recipe book too, but none of the recipes seem very good :mad: I think I will trawl the internet for some ideas.

Best wishes hun :)

I have a lot of food replacement shakes left from my LL days but wont be drinking them as having them as my only food intake for 4 months has made me never want them again ha ha.

I have bought bananas and nuts to build up my calories so that will help.

Today I have had strawberry's, wholemeal toast, scrambled eggs with green pepper.

I am now going to have a foot long low fat sub from subway for dinner and will have snacks later on too.

Yeah, nuts and seeds are good for you but have high calories. That should help you out :) Dried fruit is nice too.

I am just catching up with everyone's diaries.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It must be a very difficult time for you and your OH.
You look like you have had lots of nice comments and support already, minimins really is a great place.
Take care x

Thanks Shazzabir. Everyone on here is so kind and supportive.

Sunday 16th June

b - apple
l - scrambled egg on wholemeal bread
d - potatoes (boiled and then baked in 1 cal spray), cajun chicken from butchers and salad
s - seabrooks salt and vinegar crisps (a real treat) a curly wurley, an apple and a banana
drinks - water all day and 2 coke zero in the evening

It was yum!

after Thursday (funeral) I will be able to get back into reading other peoples diaries more often again.

Monday 27th June

b - apple
l - wholemeal sandwich with extra light laughing cow traingle, small bag of twiglets
d - fish goujons, potato croquets and salad
s - seabrooks salt and vinegar crisps and a digestives medley bar, oh and a small piece of apple liquorice
drinks - water all day and all evening

Ohh just discovered your food diary. Shall be popping in here from now on :p Your food looks lovely, keep up the tasty meals :)

Thanks happy

It is yummy but it's meant to be a diary for maintenance, I'm just not very good at it. Some days I eat too much and some days I eat too little (never seems to be right) but for the last 2 weigh ins I have stayed the same so fingers crossed I am now doing ok.

Still not gained any of that 3lb back yet but I have decided that I will wait until after Saturday,when I try on my wedding dress that has been adjusted. If the dress still ooks ok I wont try and gain it back but if it really does make a difference (the fitter said with my dress any more than 1lb then it wont fit perfect) then I will eat lots for a week or 2 and gain it back.

The wedding is only 4 weeks 3 days away though so if I do need to gain it back it wont be easy to do as I am so used to eating well now.

Thanks happy

It is yummy but it's meant to be a diary for maintenance, I'm just not very good at it. Some days I eat too much and some days I eat too little (never seems to be right) but for the last 2 weigh ins I have stayed the same so fingers crossed I am now doing ok.

Still not gained any of that 3lb back yet but I have decided that I will wait until after Saturday,when I try on my wedding dress that has been adjusted. If the dress still ooks ok I wont try and gain it back but if it really does make a difference (the fitter said with my dress any more than 1lb then it wont fit perfect) then I will eat lots for a week or 2 and gain it back.

The wedding is only 4 weeks 3 days away though so if I do need to gain it back it wont be easy to do as I am so used to eating well now.

You have a dilema that any bride would dream of "I need to eat to gain weight for my wedding!" - lucky thing :D

I know what you mean about eating well so you'll find it hard to gain weight. If you're not eating high calorific junk and just good food then you're just going to eat those vegtabels by the shed load. I'm sure you know this yourself, but I wouldn't start eating high fat/sugary stuff to gain the weight because you don't want to feel ill and groggy with bad skin on your wedding. If I were you I would do sensible things like add cheese, cream, nuts and dressings to foods, drink fruit juice and fill up potatoes and corn. But I'm sure you'd know this anyway :p

I'm so near goal so I'm really interested in maintenance, if you've got any great tips I'd love you for ever!! xx

mmm cheese. I limit myself to cheese once or twice a week as although I can stick to just a little it makes me want to eat everything else I can get my hands on ha ha.

My biggest tip for maintenace is do what you are doing for calorie counting but slowly up the calories. Trust me up them slowly and your body shouldn't gain.

When I finished LL I did the 12 week re feed programme and I was the only person who didn't gain weight any week at all as I counted calories. I know it's a bit different as I was only on 550 calories a day on bars and shakes which is why it took 12 weeks to build the calories up.

As you are already calorie counting I would say do the same as you are doing now but with more calories. I know most people say they don't like to calorie count when they aren't on a diet just eat healthily but I think if I wasn't counting I wouldn't realise what or how much I was eating.

I don't use MFP any more (only to check calories on unlabelled food) and just read the labels of food and don't log it or right it down but I do plan the day before what I am going to eat, check the calories and then stick to what I have planned.

I very rarely go over but if I do then I go under the next day or do more exercise.

I was absolutely terrified after doing LL and starting the re feed programme really worried me, but I realised as long as I planned andmade myself aware of the calories I would be fine, and I was.

Maintenance isn't as hard as you think as long as you carry on weighing yourself every week at the same time and day. If you carry on doing this it wont matter if you gain 1 or 2lbs as you know exactly whatyou need to do to lose it that week.

Actually that is my biggest tip. Carry on with your weekly weigh ins! That's what I do, I still get weighed at LL (for free) on the same scales on the same day and time as I have always done, it has kept me on the straight and narrow because I can't kid myself.

Thanks so much for your reply, I really really appreciate it :) Weighing yourself is something I will keep up, like you said if I habe gained 2lb, I can just cut down for a couple of weeks instead of avoiding the scales for a few months then finding out I've put on a stone or something.

That's anther thing, upping my calories. How many do you recommend by? I was going to do an extra 100 for two weeks, then an extra 200 for two weeks etc, but I don't know if this is too high/low. Thanks again for taking the time to answer me - I'm like the spanish inquisition with all these questions!!

I will be thinking of you and your OH on Thursday.
Lots of love xxx

thanks ladies you're wonderful!

Happyhealthy, I upped it by 100 calories extra a day each week. It worked for me. Just keep upping it until you maintain.

I need to listen to my own advice though I buggering well lost another 1lb this week! I haven't eaten as much this week though to be fair so my own fault. Seems when I eat what I consider too much I maintain so will have to start listening to my body and eat a little more

Tuesday 28th June

b - apple
l - wholemeal sandwich with an extra light laughing cow triangle and a banana
d - I made potato, chicken and leek soup last night so had a large bowl of this with a large wholemeal bread roll
s - salt and vinegar seabrooks crisps, bag of mini ginger biscuits, a lolly pop (sweet not iced)
drinks - water all day and evening

Sorry on the flippin loss hun, I know how hard you are trying with all this. Maybe I could give you some of my poundage as a wedding pressie! LOL.
Take care hun xxx

Squeezyweezy said:
Sorry on the flippin loss hun, I know how hard you are trying with all this. Maybe I could give you some of my poundage as a wedding pressie! LOL.
Take care hun xxx

No no Take mine :) lol just thinking how lovely to be at goal for your wedding :) I do hope you feel like a blooming princess on your big day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ha ha, You've made me smile which probably isn't going to happen much today.

Eating well is going out the window today. I have started with water and an apple but for the rest of the day I haven't planned as I don't know what food will be at the wake and we will be so drained after that we will probably just grab a takeaway. So maybe that 1lb loss will be a blessing in disguise as I may just need it as I'm going out Saturday night too.

Wednesday 29th June

b - apple
l - wholemeal sandwich with turkey slices
d - cheese on 3 slices wholemeal toast (oh yum)
s - salt and vinegar seabrooks, cherries, mini ginger biscuits and one piece of apple liquorice

I only ate about 1100 calories yesterday! (I weighed the cheese and it was low fat) No wonder I lost weight. Must eat more! Now I am writing down my food diaries I am realising how little I am eating when I am trying to maintain, no wonder I'm struggling to stay the same.

Anyway off to meet my friends before the funeral. Thanks for all the support ladies

Thinking of you :)

Back