Gorgeous Curry Sauce

Don't know how this works but it does!! Really tasty and so versatile you can add whatever you want to it. Very close to a takeaway and almost as quick.

I did this last night, it was very nice. Did it with sw chips and the veetee basmati microwave rice. All very tasty indeed.

Made this for tea tonight when i get back from work. Tastes goood.

Wow I had this for tea it was really nice even my hubby and 2 kids enjoyed it one of whom is a very fussy eater. I will be making this again. thanks.

Well I have bought the mushy peas and curry powder to make this tonight, OH doesn't think she will like it because of the mushy peas in it but I keep telling her she prob wont taste them, lol.

Julie I am following the EE plan, :) I so cant wait to try this now!

posting to find later.

Yum yum what a very tasty tea, who would have thought these ingredients would make a lovely curry sauce. I added a little garlic and some onion to mine ... would definitely recommend :)

Having this tonight for tea, with chicken. Tastes really yummy!! :drool: Will see if I can add a piccie for you. One thing I didn't do it whizz up the peas and tomatoes as I like some texture to my curries x

I am going to try this tonight, We have a tasting in group in a few weeks, I think I may make it for tastes

anyone got a nice curry sauce recipe, syn free, without tomatoes (cant eat them)??

Curry sauce
Ingredients
[STRIKE]1 tbsp vegetable oil[/STRIKE] Use frylight or HEXB for a tbsp of olive oil
I small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2.5ml/½ tsp ground turmeric
2cm/¾in piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tsp chilli powder
3-4 cardamom pods, crushed
[STRIKE]210ml/7fl oz double cream [/STRIKE] You'd maybe need to try it with single cream and syn it or you can use low fat natural yogurt with no syns.
salt
juice of half a lemon

Oh. My. Life!!!

Try this, it's gorgeous!!! Even if you don't like peas (or mushy peas) then don't worry cos you won't notice.

I can't do floury sauces due to my IBS but this hits the spot in terms of thickness - and is just like a normal curry sauce but freeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I added mushrooms and cauliflower and it was fab!!!

L

Powdery? :s

Yeah that is the only word I could think of to describe it. You know how occasionally if you have peas that have been left on the plant too long the peas go quite hard and brittle, I think it was along the lines of that... just don't think it had that great a taste either. I was just wondering if it was the mushy peas that I used that made it this way???

Back