Gorgeous Curry Sauce

Right then I'm in the mood to try something outside my comfort zone yet quick and easy so I don't growl if I don't like it! So mushy pea curry it is then! I don't like mushy peas but I'm believing the comments that it doesn't taste like mushy peas!

My problem is the curry powder. Other than at school many many many moons ago, I've never made a curry. So I have no idea how much curry powder to add! I don't like really hot curries, preference heatwise is Korma up to an indian restaurant curry sauce, madras is way too hot for this little weed :rotflmao:

So how much would you suggest I start with curry powderwise? I can always add more if it's too woosey! Please be kind and don't play tricks on me .... I don't wish to be spending the next few days ensconced on the loo!

Personally If i were you I would buy a Mild curry powder and add a dessert spoon of curry powder.
Adding more won't make it hotter but will increase the depth of flavour.

To add depth of flavour but no heat add a tsp of cumin at the onion frying stage.
Always add the powder at the end of the onion frying stage (be VERY careful not to burn) and then add liquid.

Curry powder goes off after only two months, so if you find the curry bland it could be that!

I can not believe the responce to this - its sounds to good to be true!!

I will definatly be giving this one a go - think I will opt for a green day tomorrow now, lol

im having a go at this tonight - im slightly dubious because i dont like mushy peas! I shall update when I have cooked it. p.s i cooked a lovely free spag bol tonight on EE if anyone wants the recipe.. Happy slimming!!

Jem :flirt2: xx

This sounds great!! ...Does it taste of peas at all?!? I can't believe it!!

Also, are ALL tins of mushy peas free or are some brands not free? I found out a few weeks ago the fat free yoghurt I was eating every day had about 2 syns a pot!! :eek: not too bad, but I was eating about 3 a day as well as my 5 - 10 syns. Maybe thats why I didn't do so well! Sticking to mullerlight now.;)

I can't wait to try this! :D

I have just made this for lunch - I can't belive how easy it was to make & made such a tasty lunch!!

I made it as per original recipe but added some garlic salt too - very tasty!! Me & hubby have had it with quorn pieces & our 2year old child with couscous & meat balls, even my 8mth old baby had it too - with potatoes - so a definate hit on our family!

I was thinking too that it would be great to add this to the recent thread about it being expensive eating healthier, as this is a really cheap sauce!

Thanks for posting :D

I made this last night and was AMAZING! had it on EE and i cooked it as per the recipe but i added some chilli powder, garlic, cumin and seasoning. I cooked the sauce out and it kinda went a browny colour - not like mushy peas at all - and when it was almost cooked i added chicken, sliced potato and mushrooms. I also added VLF fromage frais to finish, was lovely! Served with rice all free and utterly smashing! :) Would recommend!

Oooo sliced potato!! I'm gonna add that to mine :) Having it for tea! It tastes pretty damn good, made the sauce at lunch time to save time. Might try making a side dish as well! Will post the recipe if it's good! x

i cooked this last night and omg it is gorgeous - i even had some for lunch in work today :) thanks for posting the recipe - it will be a regular for me. goes lovely with SW chips too xx

OMG, I made this tonight and it was amazing. I added cumin powder at the onion frying stage but apart from that was exactly as original method. I can't believe how nice it was.

Lucky us, we have enough out of this recipe to portion half off to use instead of a curry sauce in a jar. I've put it in a plastic container and will freeze until I feel lazy.

Has anybody thought to make it in bulk and sell it, lol.:D

I suppose it could be either depending on what other spices you add. I added cumin to mine so more of an Indian one really.

I used tesco value tin of mushy peas so small tin, but with the chopped toms it bulked out quite well.

Back