Gorgeous Curry Sauce

am going away to make this now! OH home in an hour from work so this will be all ready an waiting for him! Ill post his reactions after!!:D

I just used Asda own brand - I know what you mean about powdery but didn't get that in this recipe.

I'd give it another try with another brand cos it really was gorge - and so easy.

Oh hun I dont like the sound of that! Mine always turns out lush and I use morrisons own. Yum yum :D

Thats dinner finished. Husband had seconds! I will be using that curry sauce from now on. Its fine and qwik and u can add fruit and veg to ur own taste!:D

BTW.....I used Cross and Blackwell Mushy Peas and they were fine.

:eatdrink051:I made this last night. So easy, yummy and cheap (I used morrisons value mushy peas 15p a can and chopped toms 36p per can). Having leftovers for luch at work today. Looking forward to them asking if I have fallen offf the wagon and have stopped the diet! Ha Ha!

I made this the other night, With quorn pieces, I must say It was so yummy! I had it with some rice and salad, OH Was shocked to hear what was in it as he is asian and always making curries, He though I was going mad!

i made this as a plain curry sauce just to try before using it as a base for a proper meal for my family. It was wonderful - i blended it to make a smooth sauce and made SW chips to have with it scrummy! when i go shopping i shall get quorn pieces to make a meal with and i need to find the onion bahji recipe as that sounds good too.

I've made this for tonight and I've had a wee sneak taste ;) and its lovely :D
Made the sauce, blended it, and I've fried off ( in fry light), onions, mushrooms, orange pepper and quorn pieces, then added boiled baby new potatoes and sugar snap peas. Am going to have with salad and long grain rice :D

i think i might be doing this wrong - i made this last night, blended the toms and peas first added some curry powder and it just tasted bland, no flavour to it at all!

It tasted like i'd just added a load of flour to it?!

What could i add thats syn free to give it some flavour?:sigh:

I didn't blend it until I'd cooked it altogether first hun. I chopped and fried an onion till the onions started to colour, then added the curry powder. Cooked that for a few minutes, stirring all the time, then added the mushy peas, then the tomatoes. Let it cook down a bit so that it thickens. I then blitz it with a hand blender once its cooled down.

Thank you, thank you for this, I made it and was so yummy, my family couldon't believe it was diet food lol

Back