Gorgeous Curry Sauce

Had this for dinner tonight......wow! It was so quick to cook and tasted yummy! I added a little bit of sweetener to take the edge off of the tomatoes, but it was gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration, I was really tempted to be naughty tonight because I couldn't decide what to have for dinner, but this has kept me on the straight and narrow!

Well I caved and thought I'd give it a try despite all my reservations. It's cooking away as we speak and I have to say that is the most foul looking and smelling thing I've seen in a long time. It's the first time I've even seen mushy peas and they looked like some alien life form slurping out the tin!

Well I caved and thought I'd give it a try despite all my reservations. It's cooking away as we speak and I have to say that is the most foul looking and smelling thing I've seen in a long time. It's the first time I've even seen mushy peas and they looked like some alien life form slurping out the tin!

LOL - Well what did you think of it? You did blend the mushy peas didn't you?

I had again last night and shoved some tinned beans in there too... all fully blended..and also put potatoes in it instead of having with rice. We only had quorn cumberland sausages so I cut those up in it instead of quorn pieces

It was lush :)

...I worried for a bit that we'd run out of veg so didn't have any in.. so it would have no veg stuff in...until hubby pointed out the mushy pea and tinned tomato tins

d'oh

lol

xxxx

LOL - Well what did you think of it? You did blend the mushy peas didn't you?

I didn't actually blend them because it didn't say to in your original recipe. In the end it tasted okay although i added a lot of other spices into it. i don't think I'll be able to get over the look and smell of the peas though.

Educate me about mushy peas though - they're really not a big thing in these parts. My supermarket had two kind "origina'" and "chip shop style" - is there a difference and what is it?

I didn't actually blend them because it didn't say to in your original recipe. In the end it tasted okay although i added a lot of other spices into it. i don't think I'll be able to get over the look and smell of the peas though.

Educate me about mushy peas though - they're really not a big thing in these parts. My supermarket had two kind "origina'" and "chip shop style" - is there a difference and what is it?

I always just buy the original one's - have never tried the chip shop style because mushy peas look like alien beings normally - make sure you blend it down next time - it looks a lot better that way.

Totally agree with the need to blend this sauce, I detest mushy peas and the sight of it pre-blend is quite revolting, post blend is another matter altogether - yum! :D

Going to try this, this week :) sounds yummy!

This is lovely curry sauce I gave the recipe to a friend. She said it would move mountians so anyone with a constipation prob;em it is worth a try!!
It is a real speed food.

Heading out tomorrow for mushy peas we have none :-(

bump!

Cant believe it can be good but you all sound sure so will give it a go!!!

Could you use frozen mushy peas for this? They seem to work out cheaper than the tins I have been buying in tesco. Hugs Crystal xx

Just made this for our dinner, had a quick taste as waiting for hubby to get home from work and its lovely!
Must say i too added a tiny amount of sweetener to take away that bitter taste.
Fab! :)

I have really missed my curries, so glad I have found this thread thank you for the recipe I will be trying this for dinner tomorrow.x

This is on my list to try, I am a real curry fiend!

Back