Gorgeous Curry Sauce

julie19

Silver Member
We had a tasting at class last night & our consultant brought in a curry which was so nice & totally syn free on green or EE:

1 Tin Mushy Peas
1 Tin Chopped tomatoes
1 Fried Onion (in frylight)
Medium Curry Powder (as much as you want to taste
She put quorn pieces in one & quorn sausages in the other, it was divine, she said all you do is chuck it all in a pan & cook it up.

sounds easy to do, may try that later thanks for posting

Sounds lovely, one I will have to try

Interesting idea..... must try it. Thanks for posting it.

Mushy Peas?? wouldnt have thought to put those in a curry sauce... but it tasted good?

will have to try it looks nice and quick and easy!! :) xx

Mushy Peas?? wouldnt have thought to put those in a curry sauce... but it tasted good?

will have to try it looks nice and quick and easy!! :) xx

I know - I was shocked when she said it had peas in it but maybe that was what made it thicken up - anyway it was the best SW curry I have had so far

the taste tests.....

well I made this on Friday night, I did liquidise the toms & peas before I started & I also added water but I have to say it was stunning - I did it with quorn pieces, boiled rice & someone posted a recipe this week for syn free onion bhaji's so I made them as well.

OH was shocked when I told him what was in it all, said it tasted like a proper curry

omg everyone should try this!! I made it with Quorn pieces. I cooked some plain noodles and mixed them in, left it for about half hour until my OH came home, reheated it and it was SO good!! Nice and thick and soooo yum! OH wants me to make it again tomorrow!! lol. It tastes like it should be riddled with syns!!! xx

Oh i'm going to try this, do you have to blend the peas and tomatoes?

Oooo this sounds delicious!!! Will give it a try tomorrow for tea, thank you!!

xxx

Made this last night and it is gorgeous!!!
I blended the mushy peas and the tomatoes together and added madras curry powder.
The only thing I will leave out in future, is the quorn pieces...they turned my stomach and reminded me of cheap chicken that you can get in ready meals.
I definitely make this one again...even hubby agreed that he would try it in future after sampling it several times last night! He and a friend had ordered a take away indian, so I didnt feel left out when we all sat down to eat!

I had this tonight with chicken savory rice.

I didn't have any tinned tomatoes and it was yummmmmmmy

Oh and i added a little sweetner too, felt like i had a chinese takeaway!! :)

love it!! I'm going to have it tomorrow to think we will all have the same tea!

Back