Got over 100 lbs to lose? Roll Call!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane here.Reporting for slimming duty.

Hi.. hope it's ok to join you.. I have only really been on the CD thread and have been a bit scared to venture elsewhere..
This thread is lovely...
I have got a warm fuzzy feeling..
Does anyone remeber P.E at school and always being the last one to be picked for a team.. (every time for me)
It's nice to feel wanted because you are larger than the average bear for once....
Thank you xxxxxxx:thankyou:

Hellloooo :wavey:

I haven't been in here before, but tonight I've been weighed and have realised I've now lost 100lb! So just wanted to send you all some positive vibes :vibes:

and a big squashy hug :grouphugg:

It seemed such a ridiculous amount to lose, but it's gone now, forever - wahey!

Good luck to everyone on this journey, it's one very much worth doing :)

Kath xx

Hi DQ

I am still here ~ here for the duration I think, long long way to go but very incouraged by all you fantastic "losers" if you pardon the expression

I have got a real problem with really badly swollen feet and they are itchy.Anyone else had that???

Keep up the amazing work everyone

Hi Shaza.. I used to be troubles with very swollen ichy ankles and feet... I saw the doc and he put me on water tabs.. did nothing but make me wee constantly.. I think I got to week 3 on ss and I was amazed to see that I had bones in my ankles and not just squishy fleshy bits.... Think it's now gone because I don't eat any crap, lost some wieght and am more active....
I don't take the water tabs anymore went back to the docs and told him I was doing this diet and he was amazed and very pleased.. Tried every pill and potion he had to offer before and failed...

I would go and see me G.P and get them checked though.. incase it's not just a bit of retention.. If it is retention though there must be a cause so it's worth finding out....

good luck with it......
xxxxxx

I have got a real problem with really badly swollen feet and they are itchy.Anyone else had that???

Definitely. Lots of water help - if it's water retention that little bit more :tear_drop: helps your body flush it through.

Don't sit with your ankles crossed - it affects the blood flow.

Elevate your feet so that they are higher than your waist (I think) as it encourages movement of fluid.

The itchiness could well be the skin stretching and feeling tight. Favourite trick of mine is to use Avon Glycerine handcream on my feet after washing them, then cover in socks overnight. The cream soaks into your skin and softens it/helps with the itch, and it's a lovely bit of pampering.

As Podgey says, it's well worth talking to your Dr about but if you are doing CD you can't take water tablets without letting your CDC know.

;)

Hi All,

I have targeted myself to lose a 100lbs and on LL I have lost the first 9lbs in a week!! Possibly I would be told my ideal weight loss should be 114 - 121lbs but 100 seems like a good number to aim for initially. I realise there is a long way to go yet and things will slow down but am pleased to have made a good start. It feels pretty daunting at the moment, but with the help of all the lovely people on here I hope to get there.

Good luck all xx

Thanks DQ - I'm now up to a stone in 11 days within next meeting tomorrow so hopefully another pound or two gone by then although my home scales don't seem to be registering anything :( Will keep updating...

Well done wanto....
100lb is a good no. & you're off to a reat start.
the first 1-2 weeks are the hardest,keep it up & you'll soon be in a rhythm.
then you can worry about the fine tuning when you get to the end of you ticker.

Thanks Jane, your loss is fab - I started at 17.2 so it would be great to get to 13.8 in 12 weeks. Fingers crossed!!!

If I can shift 1lb this week Ill be under the 100lbs mark - woohoo :)

Although Ill probably end up changing my final goal as I get nearer, I probably want to lose more than 140lbs but still getting under the 100 mark is going to be SUCH a boost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back