Got over 100 lbs to lose? Roll Call!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just completed my second week of cambridge diet and I am delighted that I have lost 23lb ~ what a great start

Got loads of weight to loose but too scared to set a big target yet

Good luck to all you 100 lb clubbers out there

SHAZA

Gobsmacked & jealous. It took me 4 weeks to do this. Whatever you're doing don't stop.

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your support, I am on the cambridge diet.

Its the best and worst diet I have ever done, emotionally its very difficult to not eat but on my day 14 and still very very focused

2007 is my year to change as I am 50 this year, love the support this site gives and my new friend (counseller) Ann

If I would have found this site I would have done this years ago as I have got bigger and bigger (alot to do with my mobility problems but hey thats no excuse !! )

Can't set any targets yet to big a task if you know what I mean but looking forward to fitting in plane seats, walking

hey, didn't realise there was a century club, can I join? I certainly have more than 100lbs to loose, but I'm getting there.

Hiya Happe

I am following the unit diet which Is like ww but you are allowed a lot more free food and everything what is united is low and your units go a long way I did not follow it properley last week with birthdays coming up and going out for meals .And then it was my birthday and went out for day and had fish and chips and my boss fetched some fresh cream eclairs in to work for my birthday to share with the other workers.
So hoping to have a good week this week but also my t o m is due this coming week .So I have not had a good start since i joined up with it.

Is This forum just for those got 100lbs or more to lose

Thanks
Kind regards
Bethany:) :)

The forum is for everyone, regardless was what weight they are now. This particular thread was started for those of us with a big amount to lose and a long journey ahead. Good luck with the units, i havent heard of it before. But as long as it works eh.

Just completed my second week of cambridge diet and I am delighted that I have lost 23lb ~ what a great start

Got loads of weight to loose but too scared to set a big target yet

Good luck to all you 100 lb clubbers out there

SHAZA

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your support, I am on the cambridge diet.

Its the best and worst diet I have ever done, emotionally its very difficult to not eat but on my day 14 and still very very focused
Stick with it.i found it began to get easier after the first fortnight, body readjusting to the new regime I s'pose.
your energy will increase ,& you'll slip into a routine with the shakes & or bars.God I sound like an old hand, 6 weeks in & Ithink I know it all.
2007 is my year to change as I am 50 this year, love the support this site gives and my new friend (counseller) Ann

If I would have found this site I would have done this years ago as I have got bigger and bigger (alot to do with my mobility problems but hey thats no excuse !! )

Can't set any targets yet to big a task if you know what I mean but looking forward to fitting in plane seats, walking

something that the real old hands are v keen on is setting mini targets with little rewards. eg at 2st loss buy yourself some bath smelly or a cd. that way the journey is broken up.It's actually something I've been meaning to set up for myself over the weekend,but got distracted on other peoples threads.good luck

Finding mini targets is a handy way of breaking things up - having over 100 lbs to lose can feel like such a LONG journey we need to be able to celebrate our successes along the way. I remember reading somewhere that just losing 10% of your body weight makes a big difference in your BMI and your health, so I have broken mine down into 10% sections :D

Thanks for the tips I am still very focused but have so much weight to loose I cant set myself targets ~ too scared I still feel very new to all this and extremely vunerable ( scared of failing yet again I suppose) I do give myself little treats like after the first weeks loss of 16lb took myself to debenhams and bought a really lovely foundation as a big treat. I am also putting in a jar £1 for every 1lb I loose and my husband is matching it so in two weeks I have £46. My goal for this week is to complete the week and try and lose 5lb and then I will have lost 2 stone in 3 weeks

I am getting the most help from this site ~ its amazing to hear from so many like minded people who express their thoughts so honestly, its like having a new diet family to help me through the hardest journey I have ever started

Lots of support from my friends and family and each week more and more people ask me how I am doing its lovely really

Good luck to all who are on the same journey I am on

Ps does this diet make you emotional or is it because I am a premenopausal middle aged women !!!! (my consultant called me that last month I nearly slapped him with a wet fish ~ cheeky so and so)

Well done shrinking drama queen I cant believe your weight loss !!!

Ps does this diet make you emotional or is it because I am a premenopausal middle aged women !!!! (my consultant called me that last month I nearly slapped him with a wet fish ~ cheeky so and so)

Remove the comfort blanket of food and a LOT of things come to the surface!!! Your consultant should consider himself lucky!! :eek:

SHAZA;149686 [COLOR=#ff00ff said:
Ps does this diet make you emotional or is it because I am a premenopausal middle aged women !!!! (my consultant called me that last month I nearly slapped him with a wet fish ~ cheeky so and so)[/COLOR]

Well done shrinking drama queen I cant believe your weight loss !!!

wet fish Huh! I'd have used a frozen one.
the answer to emotionality, judging from other peoples posts, is a definate yesin the early stages.Get yourself firmly into ketosis & things become much more stable.
Personally I don't think I became emotional,moody,irritable etc at all either at the start or later on. My husband & children disagree,but then what do they know they only haveto live with me.

Thanks for the tips I am still very focused but have so much weight to loose I cant set myself targets ~ too scared I still feel very new to all this and extremely vunerable ( scared of failing yet again I suppose) I do give myself little treats like after the first weeks loss of 16lb took myself to debenhams and bought a really lovely foundation as a big treat. I am also putting in a jar £1 for every 1lb I loose and my husband is matching it so in two weeks I have £46. My goal for this week is to complete the week and try and lose 5lb and then I will have lost 2 stone in 3 weeks
Love the idea of the £1 jar. with your husband matching it you could end up with a tidy sum.New wardrobe of glamourous lothes?

Hi Jane

My £1 jar is for a lovely weekend away with my hubby

Or so he thinks he he

I am 50 in June (oh no) and I am planning a trip to New York with my skinny sis ~ so weekend away with hubby

I think not ~ shop till you drop in New york with sister

Lets have a vote

What shall I do with all the well earned £1's

hmmm? difficult decision.
Just one thing-won't H notice when you jet off & he's not on the flight?
ps I'm only a dozen or so months behind you.50 sounds pretty daunting,but I guess it's like all these other landmarks, & bears little relation to how you feel on the inside.
Do remember to let us know when you've filled this jar & have to get a bigger piggy bank.

can i join you xxxxxxxx:eek:

Think Dq is just checking how many of us Century clubbers are still about.
Im present and correct maam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back