Got to goal... then messed up and put half of it back on

I think she meant whatever she ate that went past 600/800 calories she would burn it off so total calories a day would still be 600/800 max.

I really needed to read this. I keep falling off that wagon and was beginning to give up on myself. Thank you so much, I've just found a new dose of motivation. You are a star x

Well done, fantastic achievement. Enjoy being slim. Congratulations.

GSQ

Well done, that's a lot of weight to lose and you must feel very proud!

Good luck maintaining and enjoy your lovely new figure! X

Well done. What a difference, you look amazing! x

How many posts do you need to see pictures? Well done again on getting goal xx

Thank you all so much :)

Its lovely to hear i am inspiring others!

I can honestly say... its not so much what I ate... its the exercise I did which got me here... for years and years I wanted quick fix, without exercise... truth being all those people we see with amazing figures... bet my bottom dollar that they go to the gym a few times a week or run daily or do some sort of exercise. I tried to keep to around 1200 - 1400 calories, made up with a lot of fruit and veg, fish, chicken etc, then just adjusted how much exercise I did to reflect how much I ate :)

Im no fitness freak... in fact I hate exercise... well no.. maybe hate is a strong word... but it bores me and I would rather be sat on the sofa haha but ive made it part of my daily routine, Im not sweating away for hours every day in the gym, I go to Zumba one night a week with friends, I go swimming one night a week and do 1 night in the gym doing weights and playing with the different machines they have, the other 4 days of the week I go for a brisk walk and use my exercise bike while watching tv, if I get engrosed in a good film while on the bike I can burn over 1000cals in a day... I get bum ache after about 20-30mins haha so I get off, have a drink, plod around my living room for a bit, then get back on and carry on going.

This is how people maintain a healthy weight... I dont want to sound preachy but... if you go from 600cals a day to eating "normally" (if we honestly knew what normal eating was we wouldnt be here with 4, 6, 8 stone to lose would we now?) you will put weight back on.... you need to work out what your body actually needs a day in calories and yes you do need to count calories, you do need to measure out ur food, you do need to be a total food bore, because thats how you learn... none of us view food the way people who have always been slim do... we dont know portion size, we dont know how much we can get away with eating... most people who are slim naturally do this, they gage what they eat etc, we need to teach ourselves to do that too or we will just go straight back to where we were. I am now getting to the stage where I can pretty much gage if Im eating enough or not enough or too much, i know roughly how much I have burnt doing certain bits of exercise.

I would love to say there is an answer where we dont have to do anything and the weight will just fall off... but there isnt... and that is why i was so overweight because I didnt want to take responsibility for what i ate, I didnt want to exercise, I didnt want to count calories, it was all too much hassle... I couldnt be bothered... is not being bothered really an excuse for hating yourself, looking in the mirror and feeling repulsed at how u look, for letting people treat u badly, for feeling un worthy, for having no confidence in yourself what so ever... because thats how I lived my life.

I used to get angry when people would say "eat less, move more" ohhh its not that simple I would wail... i cant go to the gym at this size... ive tried exercise and nothing works... excuse after excuse... when really it is the only thing which works and which will keep the weight off in the future. The reason it never worked before is I was eating too much crap still and not moving enough!

Hope this helps :) and doesnt sound like im preaching to you all.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add, exante is what started me on this, I strongly believe if I hadnt started exante 2 years ago, i would still be over weight... to be totally honest... I would probably have been 17 - 18 stone by now so this is an amazing diet to get the weight off fast but it wont fix all your weight problems and the weight will fly back on at am alarming pace if you go back to eating rubbish, I lost 4 and a half stone on exante alone but I had to do the rest in a way which changed my lifestyle, I know Im at the hardest part now, trying to maintain, Im still weighing weekly and I will do until my weight stays static for a month, then I will move to monthly weighing, Im not giving myself a buffer of a few pounds... 10 stone is my weight, if it goes up one week, I eat less until it goes down to 10 stone again. I think the biggest danger we all face once we get to goal is putting it back on, so it may seem a bit obsessive but Ive worked too hard to put the weight back on.

Ive also given away ALL my clothes which are too big, its easy if you have bigger clothes to just slip back into wearing them if you gain a bit of weight, if you havent got them to wear, you have to make yourself fit into what you have! Thats my way of thinking anyway hehe.

But the biggest thing is... no matter how many times you fall off the wagon or have a bad day, just get back on it, you have only truly failed, when you give up and dont set yourself really tight goals, I did this for ages! Set myself goals which I had to lose the max each week to reach, if I set myself a goal of 14lb and got 12 a month... I would feel really rubbish, like I had failed... 12 lb in a month a failure? Seriously! How insane is that!

Thanks for posting that SammyE.

It's given me the kick I need to get my arse down the gym and stop being so lazy on an evening!

Excellent advice and the results speak for themselves...... you look absolutely fantastic, well done :)

I think my main tip is remember why your doing it... I wrote down all my reasons for wanting to lose weight and would read that when I felt like giving up, if im totally honest, what I basically did was simple solutions and with the exercise I was still losing around 3lbs a week, my body fat percent actually dropped more doing it this way then it did on TS I am guessing because the exercise was burning fat and building muscle, so I was getting smaller then I would if I was just losing 3lbs of fat a week, if that makes sence? Like say I was actually losing 4lbs of fat and building 1lb of muscle a week so I would still lose 3lb a week but i was losing more fat then before, I dont know if this was the case but my body fat percent was def going down more then it did before.

Im not saying this will work for everyone and you cant do that much exercise if you are on TS or even WS as your body wont be getting enough but doing my own style SS def worked for me and its helped change my way of thinking and my life style, like tonight I am going out and will drink... so I was extra careful with what I ate, did a bit more exercise and have set myself a limit of what I can drink, so even after the food and drink I will still be within the calories I need to be to maintain (hopefully haha...)

But everyone can do this... if I can... anyone can and I know everyone says that and I used to think "yeahh right" but its true, Im 30 and Ive struggled with my weight most my childhood and all my adult life, only time I was "normal" was for a short period as a teenager, Ive been over weight... obesely overweight for most of my life... you just need to want it enough, then anything is possible, I am now training to cycle from scotland to cornwall for charity, something 2 years ago would have never ever been possible.

Life is short and you only get one chance at it, dont wait until tomorrow to make a change... sometimes tomorrow just gets pushed back and back until it never comes, then you have wasted your life wishing to be something other then what you are, no one can do this for you, quick fixes dont work in the long run, you just need to want it enough and never stop trying. Ive already wasted years of my life being unhappy... or pretending that I was happy... pretending that i was this larger then life, happy go lucky person, when really that was an act to cover up how low I was and hide from how self-concious I felt every second of the day. I will never ever go back to that person.

As shallow as it might sound but I love walking through a room or a pub or a club and have couple of heads turn for the right reasons and not so they can nudge their mates and snigger at me. Im not saying Im this amazing looking person but I get a few looks for the right reasons now

This is going to sound so bunny boiler like haha but when I started my journey I really really liked this bloke, plucked up the courage to approach him and got it kicked back in my face... then to find out he had slated me for my size to pretty skinny friends of mine.. said he was out of my league and cant believe I thought he would like me... so the other week I went out somewhere I knew he would be... be hasnt seen me since I was 15 stone.. I positioned myself in his eyeline, kept catching him looking over, so I smiled back and all that... about 30mins later he moved seats to be close enough to speak to me... then promptly starts to try and chat me up... he was really bringing out the big guns... he said to my friend (one of those he had slated me too) "why havent you bought this girl out before, shes awesome" my friend goes "you know her... its Sammy.." his face... was a picture... I finished my drink he had bought me and said "not being funny... but Im a little out of your league dont u think" I have never seen someone go so bright red so quickly, he did a fish impression for a little while and just looked sheepish and said "yeah.. you are.. Im sorry... I mean it Sammy... I am really sorry"

Im not the kind of person who likes to make people feel stupid but he really really hurt my feelings, he made me feel a total ugly repulsive idiot, no one should make another person feel like that just because they are overweight, maybe that will make him think next time he is so nasty about someone.

This is going to sound so bunny boiler like haha but when I started my journey I really really liked this bloke, plucked up the courage to approach him and got it kicked back in my face... then to find out he had slated me for my size to pretty skinny friends of mine.. said he was out of my league and cant believe I thought he would like me... so the other week I went out somewhere I knew he would be... be hasnt seen me since I was 15 stone.. I positioned myself in his eyeline, kept catching him looking over, so I smiled back and all that... about 30mins later he moved seats to be close enough to speak to me... then promptly starts to try and chat me up... he was really bringing out the big guns... he said to my friend (one of those he had slated me too) "why havent you bought this girl out before, shes awesome" my friend goes "you know her... its Sammy.." his face... was a picture... I finished my drink he had bought me and said "not being funny... but Im a little out of your league dont u think" I have never seen someone go so bright red so quickly, he did a fish impression for a little while and just looked sheepish and said "yeah.. you are.. Im sorry... I mean it Sammy... I am really sorry"

Im not the kind of person who likes to make people feel stupid but he really really hurt my feelings, he made me feel a total ugly repulsive idiot, no one should make another person feel like that just because they are overweight, maybe that will make him think next time he is so nasty about someone.

That's awesome. Well done. :D

Down 2lbs this week somehow! So need to up my calories slightly I think, apparently I need 1700 to maintain weight but I think Im exercising more off... So need to up it a bit

Excellent. How are you finding it so far? It must be good to know that you are allowed a little more, rather than find out that you have had too much.

It's hard to let go and eat to be honest... I feel guilty if I eat the full 1700 and up my exercise... When i need 1700 left AFTER exercise. I'm finding this harder then the diet!

Hi Sammy, just wanted to add my sincerest Thanks for your posts. I love the fact you know exactly how the rest of us new starts are feeling, that was you once, and your the thinspiration for me, coz you've been there and done it.

Hope you stick around for updates xx

Back