Got to goal... then messed up and put half of it back on

Thank you :)

I'm still plodding along :) my weight is sticking between 9st 8 lbs and 10st. I've found I can gain 4lbs in a weekend tho lol

I love this diary, it is so motivating and speaks so much truth. congratulation on your weight loss

I agree this needs to be a sticky, so inspirational :)

Just started on my journey, once again. Got down from near 13 stone to 10 stone just in time for starting College at 17. Then (even though I never really thought about it until writing this now) stayed between about 10 1/2 stone and 11 during the two years at college, never found my weight a problem or much of a thought during this time and had some amazing times.

Then I started uni at 19 and must have been 11 stone because I can remembering after a month coming home for a weekend and weighing in at 10 1/2 stone again and being surprised at the weight loss. Looking back at pictures of this time I really long to be back to that size, worrying thing is it only seemed like yesterday

Now at 22 I weigh 14st 12lb, the heaviest I have ever been. This is totally due to literally living off takeaways most nights for two years, I wouldn't really say i'm a massive eater but just eat the total wrong things. Already had two failed attempts at diets this year :(. But have not felt this determined and motivated since way back when I was 17 and lost 3 stone. Hoping to be dancing near enough 11 stone come my Birthday 6 days before Xmas.

Stories like yours Sammy are really keeping me motivated and are truly inspiring :)

wishing you luck on your journey

And a stone put on... so angry with myself, so sunday back on the diet! I blame the no smoking, meh! :(

Stopping smoking, and staying off is good though. It's better for your overall health.
Get back to it now, and stay off the fags :)

Back again... well its nearly a year since I got down to 9 stone 7lbs, I stopped smoking and put a stone on.. so upped my running and lost 7lbs before destroyed all the tendons and ligaments in my foot... it would seem it was the running which was keeping the weight off as as soon as I stopped that the weight started to fly back on... not helped by the fact I stopped being so strict with what I ate... I'm back up to 12.7 stone now :( main trouble being I had just bought a size 10 wedding dress... the wedding is in 4 months and Im currently a size 14 in normal clothes, so like a size 16 in wedding dresses, the size 10 fitted me at 9 stone 7lbs but needed to lose a few more pounds for it to be really comfy... so here I am trying to lose 3 stone 7lbs in 4 months. Exante diet starts tomorrow with 20mins a day on the exercise bike... I feel like such a failure cant believe I let the weight come back on at such an alarming pace.

Back again... well its nearly a year since I got down to 9 stone 7lbs, I stopped smoking and put a stone on.. so upped my running and lost 7lbs before destroyed all the tendons and ligaments in my foot... it would seem it was the running which was keeping the weight off as as soon as I stopped that the weight started to fly back on... not helped by the fact I stopped being so strict with what I ate... I'm back up to 12.7 stone now :( main trouble being I had just bought a size 10 wedding dress... the wedding is in 4 months and Im currently a size 14 in normal clothes, so like a size 16 in wedding dresses, the size 10 fitted me at 9 stone 7lbs but needed to lose a few more pounds for it to be really comfy... so here I am trying to lose 3 stone 7lbs in 4 months. Exante diet starts tomorrow with 20mins a day on the exercise bike... I feel like such a failure cant believe I let the weight come back on at such an alarming pace.

You are not a failure Sammy :)
You were just living life :)
And when you are used to exercising, and have to stop through injury, gaining weight is pretty unavoidable :(
I did my shoulder in last year and couldn't go to the gym, even walking was painful initially, as the movement of my arm ached like toothach :(
What I find, is, when I exercise, I make better food choices.
When I dont exercise, I make bad food choices.
It is very odd.
I wonder if you do similar ?
It is odd, as we should choose better food when we cant exercise, but somehow, its almost as if you think, its a waste of time eating good, as I cant exercise anyway, so I may as well be all bad. Hung for a sheep as opposed to a lamb eh ?

4 months is plenty time to get going with it :)
Have you got a diary ?
:)

you can do this and have something really great to motivate you. We're here to cheer you along. Dont feel a failure, I did 7 stone last time and put all but 4lbs back on - at least you havent done that! The important thing is you are back on it and ready for the challenge. Good luck x

I know it could have been worse but Im still so frustrated with myself. Well I started Monday and have been pretty good so far, I always find the first week the hardest as I feel so hungry all the time so Ive had a couple small blips only a max of 100 calories more then my 3 exante meals so not too bad, will try and go 100% from next week when the hunger starts to go, hoping for a half stone loss in the first week but we will see! Just going to keep this as my diary I think, so others can see how easy it is to gain if your not really careful, losing the weight is the easy bit... maintaining it is the hard part, adding food back in and teaching yourself what you can and cant eat.

I hope your hunger subsides soon Sam :)
Are you going to exercise again, or are you still injured ?:)

Ive been told Im not allowed to run for the foreseeable future, so Im going to get on the exercise bike but will wait until I stop that weak rubbish feeling you go through when you first go back on TFR, not struggling too bad, I just think of my beautiful dress and the horror of being a fat bride if I want to cheat haha.

Ive been told Im not allowed to run for the foreseeable future, so Im going to get on the exercise bike but will wait until I stop that weak rubbish feeling you go through when you first go back on TFR, not struggling too bad, I just think of my beautiful dress and the horror of being a fat bride if I want to cheat haha.

Just read this from start to finish and after your previous determination I have no doubt you will be back where you want to be.
I know only to well how easy it is to gain after losing lots but your back here and you know it works :) I'm sure you will be a stunning bride x

Thanks Angelupnorth :) Well todays my first weigh in since my restart and its my best ever loss on Exante :) A mahoosive 11lbs, feeling a bit more positive about hitting my target in time now, I was hoping for 7lbs this week so I'm over the moon with 11lbs, if I can do 3lbs this week it will mean I've lost a stone in 2 weeks!

Thats a great loss sammy :D
And a great exercise plan too :D

Thanks Angelupnorth :) Well todays my first weigh in since my restart and its my best ever loss on Exante :) A mahoosive 11lbs, feeling a bit more positive about hitting my target in time now, I was hoping for 7lbs this week so I'm over the moon with 11lbs, if I can do 3lbs this week it will mean I've lost a stone in 2 weeks!

That's fab :) well done x

Thank you lovely ladies, in a way.. Im starting to see this awful gain as a good move for getting my head in the right place to not let it happen again.. how I felt this morning was amazing, compared to how I felt last Sunday when I stepped on the scales and saw how much I had gained in the past year, I felt crushed, I sat on the side of the bath with my head in my hands and just wanted to cry and slap myself for letting it happen, I never ever want to feel that way again, I need to make sure I don't become obsessed with anything again, like I became obsessed with running, I ran myself into the ground, which isn't sustainable! I was running 5 miles a day on top of doing zumba once a week, swimming once a week and doing weights in the gym once a week. I need to learn how to maintain my weight in a way that suits my life style, not run myself into the ground so I am burning so many calories that I can eat large amounts of food, because if I get injured and cant exercise (like I have this time) I don't know how to eat healthy, I just know how to burn the unhealthy calories off. I will carry on exercising but it will be a 3 mile walk with the dog every day and a few nights on the exercise bike.

I follow a blog of a girl in the States who lost 125lbs and became a runner. Anyway, she did the weight loss on her own, making small changes at a time, and one of the most important things she wrote on her blog was that she wasn't prepared to do anything she wasn't prepared to do forever, which she's absolutely right about. If you're going to start exercising, choose something you love that you'll be happy to continue to do forever, not just until you've lost the weight. This is the page where she talks about that kind of thing: Runs for Cookies: Waiting until the New Year

Just had a read through and what she says does make a lot of sense! I think that's where I went wrong, giving myself an exercise regime which was just too much for me to be able to do.

Back