Got to goal... then messed up and put half of it back on

Cracking thread Sammy :D
Well done :D

I'm still plodding along trying to maintain! Still counting calories, still exercising.

I did a little test on myself... As I always used to say "I don't know how I put on so much weight! I don't eat that much" so I had a "normal" old me day of eating but I weighed and calorie counted for everything I ate.... Over 1000 calories then my body needed, I didn't just sit and stuff my face either! Just made bad choices. I was so shocked to realise how many calories I used to eat a day! And to be honest if I hadn't been keeping such a close eye on what I was eating since hitting target it would have prob been how I would have eaten a few times a week now! An extra 3000 calories a week... No suprise many of us gain again. We just don't realise what we put in our mouths!

So my advise for today is be a food bore, count calories for as long as it takes until u re educate urself. Don't just think "I'm thin now" don't let ur hard work go down the drain!

Hi Sammy,

I'm just at the start of my weightloss with exante and I have about 84lbs to lose.

I used to calorie count before I started this and everyone thought I was weird or getting too into dieting.

Its good to know that I should be mindful of my calorie intake when I go back to 'normal' food :)

Omg sammye - it's yoooooou that is awesome I'm so so soooo happy for you girl - gosh tell us how does it feel ?? I bet you feel a million dollars - absolutely enjoyed reading your thread - well done skinny Minnie xxx

Wow, your posts are a real inspiration - thank you for sharing, its given a real incite into what's to come the other side. Thank you! And what you said to that guy was amazing! I love it! Some people are so shallow, and to have the guts to do that is fab! Well done. X

Thanks everyone :)

I'm not gonna say I'm perfect with what I eat! But if I have a bad day, I try and be extra good the next day. Some weeks I lose, some I gain, some I stay the same.

I see a lot of people say they give themselfs a half stone "buffer" but personally that wouldn't work for me! 10 stone is my weight, not 10stone 2 or 10 stone 7 or whatever but 10 stone on the nose, it's easier to lose 1 or 2lbs, then it is to lose 7lbs! If I'm over 10stone then I cut back the next week.

It does feel good but I think the main reason isn't how I look or anything like that, it's because for the first time in my life I won! I took on my flab and beat it... All the times I had tried and failed, this time I did it and it's the one thing in life I can say I did, no one did it for me, it was hard work and I wanted to give up but I didn't, that's the best feeling.

:)

Somehow managed to lose 3lbs this week, so so so tempted to cut back a bit and try and get down to 9stone 7lbs... But i'm worried I might not know when to stop... I'm a comfy size 12 now... Size 10 in things which come up big but mainly a size 12, gettint into all size 10 is temping... But then will I want size 8?

Somehow managed to lose 3lbs this week, so so so tempted to cut back a bit and try and get down to 9stone 7lbs... But i'm worried I might not know when to stop... I'm a comfy size 12 now... Size 10 in things which come up big but mainly a size 12, gettint into all size 10 is temping... But then will I want size 8?

Your current BMI is bang on Sammy :)
I am never ever going to be a size 10 or below, because of my height, which is absolutely fine by me :)
However, IF I go down to a BMI of 24, then there is a good chance I will be around a size 12.
Personally, I think that would be too skinny for me. :)
Something that I thought of last year, when I started Exante, was my age, which you may want to consider.
I think the older you get, the more haggered you look, if you are too skinny, and it ages you tremendously !
I want to look good and healthy !!
I dont want to be in the correct BMI range, and look older than my years, because my skin is sagging, and wrinkly.

You do have the correct attitude, which really struck a cord with me, that I hadnt realised before, and that is not giving your self a half a stone or whatever buffer. I had always done this before, and the grew, and grew ect ect.
I am not going to do this now. If I gain a pound one week, then the next week I will be cutting back, when I get to goal :)

If you feel you look good as a "comfy size 12" why tie your self up in knots over a number on the scales ?
:)

Wow Sammy! Your thread is an amazing read! I am the same height as you are and planning to lose 6 stones with exante. Your thread will definitely keep me motivted for a long time :)

I now have enough posts and can see the other picture. Stunning!! :eek:

How many posts do u need to see the pic? I have about the same amount of weight to lose.

Thanks Mia.

Here is me now
34920-albums3897-picture49526.png

Just trying to find one of the horrific ones from before I started the diet

Wow Sammy!!!just got enuf posts to see ur pic ! U look fantastic :eek: I am the same height as u r and it gives me an idea hw much smaller I wud be when I get to goal even tho I have a looooongway to go (6sKts) But That's very very very inspiring!! I cant even imagine how proud u must be of urself to have got there:)
xoxo

Thanks Naz, just take it one hour at a time, if u eat something u shouldnt, just put a line under it straight away and carry on, my biggest mistake was having a small blip.. say a 80cal cookie, I couldnt say no to.. then thinking "ah thats it... ive ruined today might as well just eat" 80cals once isnt going to make a blind bit of difference as long as u stop it right then and there after that moment of weakness. It is a very hard diet, you have to change your whole life style to make it work, you will slip up occassionally but dont be too hard on yourself because if you want it enough you will get there.

Dubsndice - I would eat a lot of salad and chicken or fish but I did keep a stock of weight watcher meals (and still do, i know they arent the best but they are low cal and an easy thing to do if your starving) but the main thing is portion size, on Exante you survive on liquid basically! I would use side plates rather then dinner plates and I wouldnt be hungry when I finished, i was just one of those people who was bought up to finish their plate even if they were stuffed!

Thanks marge, I do have a very small frame, I can wrap my fingers around my wrist so they over lap, so I could pull off being smaller I think, at times I do still feel chubby but I just dont want to become obsessed with it and not know when to stop. When I had lost a bit and I was a comfy size 16, I went and bought a pair of size 16 skinny jeans, at the same time I got a size 14, when I got into the 14's I went back to the same shop and bought the same jeans in a size 12... so yesterday I went in a got a size 10 (thank god for shops who never change their stock lol) so I think I am going to keep eating the same and just up the exercise and focus more on fat loss rather then weight loss, rebuild the muscle I lost and zap a few more fat cells off, muscle is smaller then fat pound for pound, so I will get smaller without the scales going down that much, if it takes me 3, 6, 9 months to get into those size 10 then so be it, I dont feel a fat mess anymore and you are right, i need to not let myself focus too much on the numbers on the scales but I would like to get fit, like properly fit, I spent years and years of my life not taking part in physical activities because I would get out of breath so quickly, couldnt keep up with others and it just killed me, I want to live a more active life, I dont just want to be thin, I want to be fit as well. So this is the next path of my journey I guess oh and to give up smoking!

Thank you everyone who has commented, it means a lot so thank you all :)

Thank you :) Well done on your weight loss too!

Thanks marge, I do have a very small frame, I can wrap my fingers around my wrist so they over lap, so I could pull off being smaller I think, at times I do still feel chubby but I just dont want to become obsessed with it and not know when to stop. When I had lost a bit and I was a comfy size 16, I went and bought a pair of size 16 skinny jeans, at the same time I got a size 14, when I got into the 14's I went back to the same shop and bought the same jeans in a size 12... so yesterday I went in a got a size 10 (thank god for shops who never change their stock lol) so I think I am going to keep eating the same and just up the exercise and focus more on fat loss rather then weight loss, rebuild the muscle I lost and zap a few more fat cells off, muscle is smaller then fat pound for pound, so I will get smaller without the scales going down that much, if it takes me 3, 6, 9 months to get into those size 10 then so be it, I dont feel a fat mess anymore and you are right, i need to not let myself focus too much on the numbers on the scales but I would like to get fit, like properly fit, I spent years and years of my life not taking part in physical activities because I would get out of breath so quickly, couldnt keep up with others and it just killed me, I want to live a more active life, I dont just want to be thin, I want to be fit as well. So this is the next path of my journey I guess oh and to give up smoking!

Thank you everyone who has commented, it means a lot so thank you all :)

I completely agree with you Sammy, in that, getting fit and healthy is the way ahead.... it is very much for me too.
I too never really exercised when I was younger, unless I was forced into it !! (which did happen as I was in the forces for a fair few years:))
I never, ever enjoyed any form of exercise, except swimming, and I smoked at least 20 a day.
I gave up smoking about 8.5 years ago, and replaced that with food, and gained well over 3 stone :eek::(
Last year, when I started Exante, for the first time in my life, I started to enjoy exercise !!
And I still do now. My head is in the right place when I do exercise. It really helps keep me focused on eating healthy for some reason :)
(I'm not doing too good with it at the moment though... too much going on in life and I have hurt my back :()

A friend of mine gave up smoking a year odd ish ago, and replaced her ciggies with running, instead of food ;)
I soooo wish I had done that :eek:
It has really worked for her. She is sooooo fit now, and didnt put on any weight at all when she gave up.
So maybe if you do get round to giving up smoking, an exercise addiction is the way to go ;)

Well done so far Sammy, you really are doing fab :D

this thread needs to be a sticky
so damn inspirational
sammy you smashed it

Thank u everyone :)

Little update, down to 9 stone 8lbs now, gave up smoking three weeks ago and now run 2.5 miles twice a day! Do a spin class once a week and zumba once a week, enjoying this fitness stuff actually :)

SammyE said:
Thank u everyone :)

Little update, down to 9 stone 8lbs now, gave up smoking three weeks ago and now run 2.5 miles twice a day! Do a spin class once a week and zumba once a week, enjoying this fitness stuff actually :)

2.5 miles twice a day ?
Wow !
I am super pleased that you have given up smoking too :D
Well done Sammy :D
And continued success in staying smoke free :)

I agree this needs to be a sticky, so inspirational :)

Just started on my journey, once again. Got down from near 13 stone to 10 stone just in time for starting College at 17. Then (even though I never really thought about it until writing this now) stayed between about 10 1/2 stone and 11 during the two years at college, never found my weight a problem or much of a thought during this time and had some amazing times.

Then I started uni at 19 and must have been 11 stone because I can remembering after a month coming home for a weekend and weighing in at 10 1/2 stone again and being surprised at the weight loss. Looking back at pictures of this time I really long to be back to that size, worrying thing is it only seemed like yesterday

Now at 22 I weigh 14st 12lb, the heaviest I have ever been. This is totally due to literally living off takeaways most nights for two years, I wouldn't really say i'm a massive eater but just eat the total wrong things. Already had two failed attempts at diets this year :(. But have not felt this determined and motivated since way back when I was 17 and lost 3 stone. Hoping to be dancing near enough 11 stone come my Birthday 6 days before Xmas.

Stories like yours Sammy are really keeping me motivated and are truly inspiring :)

Back