Grain Free Weight Loss - 4 stone in 5 months - :)

Carbs lol prunes ;)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

I don't need the prunes now Mis-Behave... a day of low carbing seems to have sorted that little problem out. ;)

I hopped on the scales this morning and I have lost another 2lbs... so that is at least a 3lb loss for Saturday's weigh in. I am very pleased about that especially after a mini-cheat in Sunday.

Today we should be taking little one to the seaside but it is so cold... what is the matter with the bwoody weather at the moment? It feels more like January than April. So I think we are taking her to a local sea-life centre instead... she is mad about sharks for some reason.

Have a good day ladies. :) x x

Day 18

B/fast: H/m ham and veggie soup
Lunch: Left over H/M ham and veggie soup and small pkt veg crisps (13gm carbs)
Tea: Gammon, egg, tomato, mushroom
Snks: strawberries, cherrys

2litres of water & 4 cups of herbal tea

Exercise: 30 minute walk - crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Day 19

B/fast: H/m chunky chicken and veggie soup
Lunch: Boiled egg and tomato salad
Tea: Baked salmon, green beans, roast aubergine
Snks: almonds, banana

2litres of water & 4 - 6 cups of herbal tea

Exercise: 30 minute walk, 30 mins exercise DVD - crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

I spent most of yesterday in a battle with CA... I really craved carbs something chronic. I think the veg crisps maybe sparked it off as I was okay until I had those. It maybe too early in my weight loss and hopeful eradication of my carb-addict to indulge in carby treat foods. So today's menu is low carb and I shall keep myself nice and busy so I am not tempted by CA.

So we have some delightful warm weather coming this weekend??? About time woohooooo!!!

Hi your doing really well :)

Just a thought, when I get 10 days/ 1 week away from that time of the month my cravings for carbs gets much higher and stronger, but once I get my TOTM. They mostly disappear - weird - but have read some info about woman needing a higher carb level before their TOTM

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Hi SamanthaJones (love her!!!!) Just reading through your diary and Im amazed at how similar I am to you.I too gained a lot of weight with my last pregnancy and more after (my son is 16 months) I feel lethargic, heavy and miserarable and life is passing me by. I have dabbled with low carb before but I always felt a bit hard done by - why can other people loose weight and still have small treats, but this time I have realised that is just not possible for me. Im too sugar sensitive, once I have some Im fighting a really true addiction. So I figure why torture myself, I can eat loads of yummy food and feel more energetic, and reduce my cravings which is a huge thing for me. I like you made up my own plan based on what I truely believe I can enjoy without triggering binges. Oats are ok for me but not potatoes, dark chocolate is a definite no no. Ill be following your diary with interest and support - we can do this!!!

Yes Mis-Behave I definitely crave more as I approach TOTM... and just after moments of stress. Those are my danger zones I need to be prepared for.

Hello there Happy&Healthy :) Yes, your post sounds just like something I could have written. It is so easy to get stuck in a miserable rut when you're overweight and little ones can be so tiring that by the time they go to bed all you want to do is crash in front of the TV and comfort eat.
It is the thought of being fat through Summer again that really has me motivated... I am always slumping around in baggy t-shirts and cropped size 18 trousers and I hate every minute of it. I refuse to give up on being slim this year and no matter what!
Of course we can do it. :D... we deserve it hon.
I like Paul Mckenna (having used his CD system previously for stress,) how are you finding the hyno-gastric band? Do you have a thread or diary I can follow? What day do you weigh in? Good luck with your weight loss... you can do it!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

We are going away first thing tomorrow for two days to see family... So my weigh in won't be until Sunday. I am so hoping not to blow it by having a cple of days away. I still want to lose that 3lb to be on target for my goal. I shall try so hard to be good. See you Sunday. X x

Day 20

B/fast: Herbal tea and fresh fruit
Lunch: Nuts, carrot and pepper sticks (to eat in car)
Tea: Protein and veg (whatever Auntie cooks, I shall have the low-carb version)
Snks: Dried pineapple and mango (not very low carb I know, but limited due to travelling and poor preparation on my part.)

Exercise: 60 minute walk - crunches, squats, dumbells x 35 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

The hypno gastric band didnt work for me I felt no difference whatsoever, now mind you I have a problem with binging on carbs/sugar so that might have had something to do with it. So thats why I have switched to low carb, its tough in some way but sooooo much easier in many ways, I might start a wee diary in here, or maybe in the primal bit, to be honest Im more of a potterer Im not great at keeping up my own diary. You sound very focused, you are doing great!!

I brought my scales with me to my Aunts lol... couldn't bear to miss a weigh in.
And I am pleased to say this week I hit goal and I lost 3 lbs - even though I had a home made chicken korma last night (one tablespoon of rice) and a glass of white wine. So I am very chuffed.

We are having roast ham and pickled cabbage salad tonight so I that will fit well in to my plan.

It's a gorgeous day today, sun shining and I am feel like taking Little One for a good walk down to the beach.
Have a lovely day all. x

Day 21

B/fast:Boiled egg and grilled bacon
Lunch: Tuna, small baked potato, lettuce, cucumber and mayo
Tea: Roast ham salad and pickled cabbage
Snks: Dried mango, apple

Exercise: 2hr walk

I have a mini goal for this week - I would love to have lost one stone by the end of week four which means I need to lose 4 lbs this week. So I shall be trying extra hard... four of the seven days I shall be snack free to boost my loss.

You're doing great well done for reigning it in after Cheerio-gate lol

I'm low carbing since Monday and was doing really well until yesterday lol but have been with family and had choc and takeaway
Back on it today tummy so bloated!!!

I'm also putting my 12 yo on low carb from later on today (when we go home from my mums) but not quite so strict as mine obv

Will be watching your diary with interest and getting some food ideas :)

Hello there Lou :)

Lol@Cheeriogate . Yes, I surprised myself even... I am such a carb binger normally and don't know when to stop.

Is your tummy less bloated today? Mine takes around 24 hrs to settle after some carbs.
Is your 12 YO overweight or do you want to feed her less carbs from the long term health aspect? Either way I think it's a great idea.

Well we are returning home shortly after a lovely weekend... I did so much walking yesterday that I had a quick jump on the scales after my morning wee today and I have lost another pound. Very pleased!!! Just need to lose three now for Saturday's WI ... 13st 7 here I come.

Have a lovely day peeps. x

Day 22

B/fast: Fresh fruit salad and nuts (due to travelling)
Lunch: Roast and veg (We are going to a cavery this lunchtime so I have either gammon or beef and lots of veg... maybe one roastie lol)
Tea: Prawn omelette with roast veg (courgettes, peppers, red onion)
Snks: Snack free today

Exercise: 30 mins walk, crunches, squats, dumbells x 40 - 100 kegs :rolleyes:

Oh and a quick side note; my cellulite is rapidly disappearing even though I still have a few stone to lose. Is it the low carb unprocessed foods I am now eating? The coffee and tea I have ditched? Or the fact I am moving more? Probably a combination of the three. But as you can imagine I am very pleased... cellulite free cankles, how good is that? ;)

Back