GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

looks lovely as do all your meals

I am another that likes the quiche cold - well more room temperature than straight from the fridge

Wow that looks amazing!!

Thank you very much - I love food and believe that you eat with your eyes and not your hands when it is first served to you. (then you can finger pick)
Years ago my son would take his food and mix it up - be it 4 different things - but told him I would give him the same "stew" every day until he learned how to appreciated food.
He is now Vegan and sometimes a pain in the bum but now appreciates food - but thankfully we live in different countires (only joking)

Last edited:
Looks amazing Systema! What's a beansprout wrap???

They are wraps made with soaked whole mung beans - this is where I got the recipe from

An exciting discovery « Spice and more

I use whole beans and leave them for a couple of days - changing the water a few times - then grind with a little water so it is like pancake batter then make them up.
They freeze great and only take a couple of minutes to de-frost or you can zap in microwave for a few seconds. I read on here that they are "free" - don't know if this is strictly true or is a thing like tweeking food - but I never count them as I would eat a handful of sprouts on my salad anyway

TUESDAY 28TH AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit - yoghurt - 1 HEX B

Melon

LUNCH
Mushrooms in gravy with poached egg and home made bread roll - 1 HEX B - 1 SYN for cornflour
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt

DINNER
Lentil Bake with Ratatouille and left over Aloo Ghobi

Peach

TOTAL - 2 HEX B - Syns - Cornflour 1 - Highlights 4 - Jelly 1 = Total 6

MUSHROOMSINGRAVY-POACHEDEGGSANDHOMEMADEROLL.jpg

LENTILLOAFWITHRATATOUILLEANDLEFTOVERSPICYVEG.jpg

Cooked Green lentils - Red Kidney Beans - Peas - Butternut Squash and 3 Eggs and seasoning - mix together - put in a loaf tin and cook 30 mins at 180c

They are wraps made with soaked whole mung beans - this is where I got the recipe from

An exciting discovery « Spice and more

I use whole beans and leave them for a couple of days - changing the water a few times - then grind with a little water so it is like pancake batter then make them up.
They freeze great and only take a couple of minutes to de-frost or you can zap in microwave for a few seconds. I read on here that they are "free" - don't know if this is strictly true or is a thing like tweeking food - but I never count them as I would eat a handful of sprouts on my salad anyway

Oh mung bean wraps! I used to make them all the time lol, they're yum and I always count them as free :D

Oh mung bean wraps! I used to make them all the time lol, they're yum and I always count them as free :D

Oh thank you :D I do wonder about some of the SW rules sometimes BUT it does work.

WEDNESDAY 29TH AUGUST

BREAKFAST
Porrdige - yoghurt and fruit - HEXB

Melon

LUNCH
Pepper and potato soup with 60gms of bread - HEX B
Jelly - fruit - yoghurt - 1 SYN

DINNER
Cold Lentil Loaf with chips and beans

TOTAL - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Jelly 1 - Highlights 6 - Total 7 Syns.

REDPEPPERANDPOTATOSOUP.jpg

60gms of crust from fresh home made loaf - (I could cut all the crusts off and leave the bread)

LENTILBAKEWITHCHIPSANDBEANS.jpg

Don't have chips very often since our Actifry bit the dust with a big bang - too tight to put the oven on for a few chips :cry:

I finally got to make your quiche today (I'm not meant to do them as individual quiches 'cause I arrived back from town this morning AGAIN without the muffin tray) So I made a large one and it worked out beautifully.

Meant to tell you (but you were on your way back to Espana) that my oriental store had closed down but I've found another one and i stocked up on all my wonderful spices yesterday. I like to pick up a new one every time that I stock up, one that i've never used before so this time I've got Amchoor Powder (mango powder) it says that it's good on salads so I was wondering if you had ever used it

Hi - yes I love amchoor powder and used it tonight with my - easy peasy potato recipe - this is it. I also like sprinkled on fruit like peaches.

This is Easy - Peasy - Potatoes.

400gms cooked potatoes
1 tsp oil - 1 tsp cumin seeds
chilli to taste - 1/2 tsp hing powder (aesofatida)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder - 1 tsp ginger/garlic paste
1 tsp mango powder
2 Tbsp fresh coriander - chopped

Comfort food at its best.

METHOD
Heat the oil then add the cumin seeds and fry then add rest of spices and stir fry on low heat until seeds are brown.
Add cooked potatoes and mix and stir fry for 2 mins/
Add chopped coriander and salt.
Now add 300 mls of water and bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins with lid on over a medium heat.

Last edited:
We were talking about "only" losing a lb a week of GGMC diary and posted this.

I lose 1lb a week and quite happy about it so here is a poem I read and copied years ago.

Apoundoffat-1.jpg

And it is very true.

Oh wonderful it would seem I am finally caught right up
love the menus and the pics are so good
thanks for sharing

Systema you came up trumps, I love it and it's like that lb is talking to me and I've had that lb that other lbs clung to because I thought a lb was insignificant. a lb or Pound to give it it's full and respectful title is to be respected not rejected

Hi - yes I love amchoor powder and used it tonight with my - easy peasy potato recipe - this is it. I also like sprinkled on fruit like peaches.

This is Easy - Peasy - Potatoes.

400gms cooked potatoes
1 tsp oil - 1 tsp cumin seeds
chilli to taste - 1/2 tsp hing powder (aesofatida)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder - 1 tsp ginger/garlic paste
1 tsp mango powder
2 Tbsp fresh coriander - chopped

Comfort food at its best.

METHOD
Heat the oil then add the cumin seeds and fry then add rest of spices and stir fry on low heat until seeds are brown.
Add cooked potatoes and mix and stir fry for 2 mins/
Add chopped coriander and salt.
Now add 300 mls of water and bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins with lid on over a medium heat.

I couldn't get aesofatida (and it was on my list 'cause my list was made from the pic of your last spice shop) but maybe I should have been looking for hing. Can i do this without it?

Can I sprinkle it on other fruit? and what about sprinkling it on salad (since doing sw I don't use any dressing but would like an interesting one that doesn't use points)

Last edited:
Systema you came up trumps, I love it and it's like that lb is talking to me and I've had that lb that other lbs clung to because I thought a lb was insignificant. a lb or Pound to give it it's full and respectful title is to be respected not rejected

I love that you replied with that - when I was 15 and half stone plus I thought that 1lb was an awful weekly loss until I read that and realised what weight loss is all about.
It goes on over time and does not come off in a few weeks.
So now 1lb a week is great to me and that is wha is happening.

I couldn't get aesofatida (and it was on my list 'cause my list was made from the pic of your last spice shop) but maybe I should have been looking for hing. Can i do this without it?

Can I sprinkle it on other fruit? and what about sprinkling it on salad (since doing sw I don't use any dressing but would like an interesting one that doesn't use points)

Hing or Aesofiatida is added to lentils etc to basically stop "wind" so yes you can do without it but it has a lovely taste.

Lick you finger and dip omto the mango powder - did you like it? I have jsut done it and would put it on anything salady.

Hing or Aesofiatida is added to lentils etc to basically stop "wind" so yes you can do without it but it has a lovely taste.

Lick you finger and dip omto the mango powder - did you like it? I have jsut done it and would put it on anything salady.

I'll try that thx

I have a really nice chana masala spice mix that I got from the Indian shop which has mango power in it and it is absolutely lovely! Thinking I might do a curry tonight...

Has your internet gone on the blink again???? :pcwhack:

Back