GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

For some reason I thought you were going back to Spain not back to the UK. At least the weather is picking up a bit.

You can sometimes get Veggie haribo in Tesco but only a big store.

I do like a jelly sweet every now and then but chocolate will be my true love.

These are the pics of the soya "meat" take-away. We went just as they opened so there would not be a queue.

You can see the amount of food in there - sometimes we have to wait ages to get served and there are about 5 of them serving, another takes the money and another just fills up bags with soup and soya sauce etc.
There are also seats down one side but we have never been able to get one no matter what time we go.
It really is incredible to see it all and think there is no meat there at all.

Last edited:
Getting jelly veggie sweets is an obsession of mine because of the over reliance the manufacturers have on blasted geletine. I had heard of veggie Haribo - but only seen in a very expensive health emporium. Went to M&S recently to buy another pack of Percy Pigs (veggie stylee) but only had gelatine ones. Blast them!

Will have to find out what Haribo's are - never heard of them until this week.

well talking about coming home to warmer weather it is nice at the moment - bu the owner of the plant nursery I saw yesterday said in 10 days the wind will be back to the east and it will get bitterly cold again so we will see bu ttoday I am in flowy flowery summer trousers teeshirt and a 3/4sleeved cardi nice and summery but waiting for the sun to show before Kaydan and I go out
enjoy the warm while you can :)

Don't like the sound of this 10 day weather forecast - thought that it had changed for the better now.

For some reason I thought you were going back to Spain not back to the UK. At least the weather is picking up a bit.

You can sometimes get Veggie haribo in Tesco but only a big store.

I do like a jelly sweet every now and then but chocolate will be my true love.

We drive from Spain to UK and leave our car at my husband's mothers and our son uses it whilst we are away and we fill it up with stuff to take back with us. Until recently it was cheaper and easier to go to UK and then go on to where ever we were going from there. If we were going to say India it was a flight from Malaga to Madrid - Madrid to say Frankfurt and then on to Mumbai. This could be anything up to 3 days depending on connections but now Emirates fly into Madrid it should be easier and cheaper.

I used to like wine gum type sweets but ate far too many so just stopped eating any of them - sneak some Thorntons choccies in when we are in UK :)

Yes Tace I used to eat those jelly beans, the expensive ones with the great flavours - are those the jelly bean factory ones?

Sounds complicated your jet setting lifestyle! !

Thorntons did some Veggie jelly hearts got valentines day and my mother bought me a few packets.

Jelly belly are the other jelly beans

Wow! That food place looks incredible :D

Oh my I'm dribbling...where in vietnam is this exactly?? Next time i go there I will just have to stay nearby to sample this food!! If you want to find similar stuff
worldwide its worth checking the Loving Hut website, these guys have a place in norwich as well as many other cities and countries and serve up similar asian vegan foods :)

The food looks amazing! Vietnam is on my list of places I would love to go to, your pictures are incredible! I love seeing creative veggie food :)

Haribo are jelly sweets - the veggie ones aren't much cop though. I would much rather have the M&S sweeties ;) x

Oh my I'm dribbling...where in vietnam is this exactly?? Next time i go there I will just have to stay nearby to sample this food!! If you want to find similar stuff
worldwide its worth checking the Loving Hut website, these guys have a place in norwich as well as many other cities and countries and serve up similar asian vegan foods :)

I just googled it - looks amazing! Me and husband are hopefully going to Brighton later this year and we'll def check it out if we do. Brighton has the most amazing veggie/vegan food I have to say. We went there for our honeymoon and had the most amazing (and expensive!) dinner at Food for Friends - I can't wait to go back :)

Yes Tace I used to eat those jelly beans, the expensive ones with the great flavours - are those the jelly bean factory ones?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just love them, when I was a child they used to have a Jelly bean factory stall in the Manchester arndale where you could pix and choose what flavour you wanted :)

Especially Choccywoccydoodah cake shop.

And Cyber Candy! ;) I want to go back to Brighton so badly, I'd love to live there but money be the problem :/ The choice for eating out as a veggie is just amazing and unlike anywhere else I have visited, even bigger cities don't have as much choice! x

I only ever went there years ago but have seen lots of TV about it, really should think about going there again but it is so far away for us Northerners :)
If you ever go to another clothes swap in Nottingham go to Alley Cafe - their food is good, not very SW friendly but they do great burgers etc.

I only ever went there years ago but have seen lots of TV about it, really should think about going there again but it is so far away for us Northerners :)
If you ever go to another clothes swap in Nottingham go to Alley Cafe - their food is good, not very SW friendly but they do great burgers etc.

Ah yes, it's lovely in there but really hard to get a table these days. :( If I fancy SW friendly in Notts I go to Kayal (gorgeous Southern Indian food) or if I want a treat it's Annie's Burger Shack (20-odd amazing different burgers, all of which can be meaty, veggie or vegan). Love Annie's, it's brill for mixed groups of veggies, vegans and omnis as there's something for everyone and a full range of choice for all :) x

Just got to say as a newbie your meals look so inspiring! I'm an on/off veggie, finally back being one and its lovely to see such nice food :)

Thank You

Wow! That food place looks incredible :D

It is always packed and at first we were very surprised as there are dozens of small bbq meat places in the street and when we first came here thought everybody ate meat but when we looked around saw lots of the stalls sell Tofu. We have noticed that it is full of young people.

We are in Nha Trang and that stall is Bo De near to the market. We were going to go to Nha Hang Chay Restaurant in Saigon which has brilliant reviews and has an attached shop but we never got the time, maybe next time. There are lots of veggie ones there but in Nha Trang we have only found this one but some of the restaurants do serve nice Tofu dishes.
The one in Norwich is a definite for a visit if we are that way - the prices are very good too.:)

The food looks amazing! Vietnam is on my list of places I would love to go to, your pictures are incredible! I love seeing creative veggie food :)

Haribo are jelly sweets - the veggie ones aren't much cop though. I would much rather have the M&S sweeties ;) x

This country is changing so much - we first visited in 1990 and like everywhere else moves on but in the last 3 years the hotel building in Nha Trang is unstoppable. It is being pushed in Russia and most of the visitors here are Russian or backpackers. Our son loved it here especially Saigon which is so busy - 11 million people live there and 6 million of them ride motorbikes. :eek:

Wow that food looks amazing!! I want to taste it all!
Some not very SW friendly but I did eat a few of the meals before I decided I must do something about the weight I had put since we left home and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Yes Tace I used to eat those jelly beans, the expensive ones with the great flavours - are those the jelly bean factory ones?

Yes, just love them, when I was a child they used to have a Jelly bean factory stall in the Manchester arndale where you could pix and choose what flavour you wanted :)[/QUOTE]

I have been in those shops - so tempting to get every flavour until you realise how much you have spent.

Last edited:
Just finished Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk - free on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cE1jxDS3HY&playnext=1&list=PL2518895BC20E6CDA&feature=results_main

Going to do this every morning - feel good after doing it but I am going to put a sheet of paper over the countdown clock then I won't keep looking at it all the time.:)

Trying to find out how many cals used for the DVD as my ped does not give me many and found this on Leslie Sansone website ---

The simple answer to “How many calories do we burn per Mile?”
The Walk without Boosters … approx. 100 calories per mile!
The Walk with Boosters ….. approx. 125 – 150 calories per mile!
Please stay with me for one more point …. the calorie burn of any activity is just one of the MANY positive responses that our body experiences … you are doing SO MUCH MORE than burning calories …. you are changing what your body is composed of (less body fat – more lean tissue) you are improving all of your body systems – circulatory, skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, respiratory, immune, …. the energy you gain from exercise will continue to bring you to your goals …. it’s not just about the numbers …. a BETTER BODY, a HEALTHY BODY is always a result of your active life!

Nice Surprise with cals number and I am going to laminate this quote.

Last edited:
Sounds complicated your jet setting lifestyle! !

All I need it a diary and it is no problem. :) I am a list person, I have lists for my lists, all on paper, I write everything down. My friend laughs at me but always asks me for info if they are going anywhere because she knows it will all be written down, stapled together, in a folder :D

Back