GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

All I need it a diary and it is no problem. :) I am a list person, I have lists for my lists, all on paper, I write everything down. My friend laughs at me but always asks me for info if they are going anywhere because she knows it will all be written down, stapled together, in a folder :D

I am another list maker and write lists of lists too slightly ocd me thinks
one year when going on holiday I had a list - I packed - I then went through the list and wondered - so I unpacked and made a list then repacked then went through the list to see what I had forgotten - in the end DH put my bag in the boot of the car and took it to work with him to stop me keep doing it (I had about four lists with ticks and crossing outs on and a list in the bag) so he thought this would calm me and I would be OK BUT what he had forgotten about was the dogs bag I did the same with :):)
I am pleased to announce I dont do that now - but due to that fact I forgot to take my coat with me camping last year and it rained every single day

thanks for the brilliant idea to get the woman mag so I can join and get the directory :) a great idea that

right off to browse then over the paper shop me thinks and get on the website for the nearest class :)

I have been there several times (used to go to the record fair each year) but actually never got to any of the veggie restaurants! Did go to Big Mommas shack orwhatever it was that is now closed. Had a lovely upside down pineapple pud. I must go back and sample the veggie delights. The only drawback with the place isthe shingle beach! If it was smooth sand it would be lovely!!

I have been there several times (used to go to the record fair each year) but actually never got to any of the veggie restaurants! Did go to Big Mommas shack orwhatever it was that is now closed. Had a lovely upside down pineapple pud. I must go back and sample the veggie delights. The only drawback with the place isthe shingle beach! If it was smooth sand it would be lovely!!

we used to live just along the coast and I spent many a happy time walking along that beach I loved it for walking on especially in the winter when I had it practically to myself (mind you sometimes it was a two hat job)

Think I had better put some food on this page. This next 2 weeks will be lots of repeats and left overs as we are eating from the cupboard and freezer now we are on going home countdown.

SUNDAY 14TH APRIL

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Soya milk - Fruit ---HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Veg soup thickened with Mushy Peas - Bread - HEX B

DINNER
Mixed Mushrooms and Tofu with Bok Choy and Rice
Apple and Banana

I love these mixed mushrooms and really going to miss them.

TOTAL - HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Chocolate Drink 5 - Thickener for mushrooms - 1 = 6 SYNS

Steps 20.872 - Cals - 564 - Kms - 12.10

Last edited:
Ah yes, it's lovely in there but really hard to get a table these days. :( If I fancy SW friendly in Notts I go to Kayal (gorgeous Southern Indian food) or if I want a treat it's Annie's Burger Shack (20-odd amazing different burgers, all of which can be meaty, veggie or vegan). Love Annie's, it's brill for mixed groups of veggies, vegans and omnis as there's something for everyone and a full range of choice for all :) x

Connections at Alley Cafe ;)
We went in Annies's Burger Shack at the Navigation last year and it was awful - sorry - we waited ages for the food and when it came sent some of it back as it was cold and the bread was really cheap and nasty.
Not been in the South Indian one but son said their Thali was nice - think I am too tight to eat out. :D

Think I had better put some food on this page. This next 2 weeks will be lots of repeats and left overs as we are eating from the cupboard and freezer now we are on going home countdown.

SUNDAY 14TH APRIL

BREAKFAST
Porridge - Soya milk - Fruit ---HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Veg soup thickened with Mushy Peas - Bread - HEX B

DINNER
Mixed Mushrooms and Tofu with Bok Choy and Rice
Apple and Banana

I love these mixed mushrooms and really going to miss them.

TOTAL - HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Chocolate Drink 5 - Thickener - 1 = 6 SYNS

Steps 20.872 - Cals - 564 - Kms - 12.10

Your food looks scrummy, never thought of using mushy peas to thicken soup, will be trying this. The tofu looks nice but not my head round that, I don't know if I'm cooking it wrong or I just don't like it. I don't mind beancurd or marinated tofu just not out of the packet plain :(

It will be interesting as the freezer empties to see what meals you come up with :):)

Nothing exciting - it is OH bread - lots of tomato puree, beans and chickpeas which I pressure cooked.:)

Bet you're gonna have so much food to bring back, I'm thinking the little things that you can't get over here ;) x

Bet you're gonna have so much food to bring back, I'm thinking the little things that you can't get over here ;) x
not sure about food stuffs coming back through customs - a shame though

do you have any things that you want to do there before you leave - or have you done most of the things you wanted to to
when are you getting your clothing from the tailor - I know your son was taking some stuff back with him so you would have room in your cases :)

have a lovely day

not sure about food stuffs coming back through customs - a shame though

do you have any things that you want to do there before you leave - or have you done most of the things you wanted to to
when are you getting your clothing from the tailor - I know your son was taking some stuff back with him so you would have room in your cases :)

have a lovely day

Didn't bother going to the tailors - will go if we come back next year then I won't have to bring many clothes with me.

These are the only things you can't bring into UK - from official customs site.
Meat, meat products, milk, dairy products or potatoes into the UK from most countries outside the EU.
You can bring 2kgs of fruit and veg (except potatoes) so that is the spinach and mushrooms sorted :) and having just bought 2kg bag of good Jasmine rice for £1 will put one in OH case and not tell him. Just want to buy some spring roll wrappers and mushroom and seaweed stock powder really.

Wow..again that food looks great! Puts my 'throw whatever you have in the fridge and store cupboard (never very much) into a big pot and pray' to shame!
Just made my soup out of last nights left over veg with some "bottom of the packet" noodles and some squashed beans to thicken it plus garlic and chilli!!!

Just been on the net and found a bargain in Aldi which are on their sale table tomorrow - Pods for keeping food warm - been looking for a couple of these for a while that are not expensive and hold 500mls.. Same ones are about £8 on Amazon. Asked son to buy them so hope he remembers.

oh they are a bargain guess I will call in there tomorrow as I have to go past the door
thanks for the heads up on them as I never look to see what might be on there - much smaller and neater than a wide necked flask

I like them because 500mls a good size for soup or pasta and yes, sometimes a large necked flask is too much. Also like them that size so we can have different food instead of me picking out the veg in the soup I don't like in the big flask.

Your food looks scrummy, never thought of using mushy peas to thicken soup, will be trying this. The tofu looks nice but not my head round that, I don't know if I'm cooking it wrong or I just don't like it. I don't mind beancurd or marinated tofu just not out of the packet plain :(

I don't have it out of the packet plain - this article is a good read. - How to Make Tofu Really Freaking Delicious - Tofu 101 | Herbivoracious - Vegetarian Recipe Blog - Easy Vegetarian Recipes, Vegetarian Cookbook, Kosher Recipes, Meatless Recipes

When I want some "taste" to it I slice it and then put a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick pan (2 syns but usually make it for 2) and heat it - put some spices on the slices of tofu and then put them into the pan - spice side down, keep it on quite a high heat and cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle some more spice on the top then turn it over and cook that side.
I never bother with all that draining it with plates etc but just buy firm tofu.
If I want it for the protein just add it to a curry - stew or similar and it takes on the taste of what is in there.

I have a small block in the fridge and tomorrow I think I will do the above with it then have it on Ryvita with salad.

MONDAY 15TH APRIL

BREAKFAST
Porridge etc --HEX A / B

LUNCH

Mushroom on Toast - Bok Choy - both left overs - Salad --HEX B for Toast

DINNER

Home-made Beans - Garlic Spinach and Rice

Total - Hex A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 3 Choc drinks 7.5 total

Steps - 13.065 - Cals 357 - Kms - 7.57

Your food looks great as always! It's making me hungry :)

Those hot lunch pods look like a great idea. Shame there's no aldi here :( just went on their website and don't think you can buy it off there.

I had a look at that as my son is not the most reliable person - he will remember about them when the shop is shut. Have sent him 2 emails already and will remind him during the day today.:)

Back