GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Just had a nice walk to Morrison's, me and Westlife having a little sing along (no houses to pass :)) what a beautiful day, if everyday was like this I would stay here all the time. Went to the Indian Veg shop and the prices were cheaper than any of the Supermarkets and nicer stuff.
Now getting re-aquainted with Jeremy Kyle :D

Step. away. from. Mr Kyle!!!!!

Yes I have noticed that sometimes asian shops are cheaper than the supermarket. Often can get tins of chickpeas a lot cheaper there.

In leeds they have asian isles in the supermarkets that sell asian brands which are always cheaper than the british equivalent, they never had them in Warrington not sure about anywhere else. I'm lucky I live in an area that has a very large asian community, it's really good for veggie products :)

A lot more SW friendly than pastry, I wonder if it could be sweetened and used for a dessert kind of dish?

My OH said that - he said it would make a nice custard crust without the cheese.

Step. away. from. Mr Kyle!!!!!

Yes I have noticed that sometimes asian shops are cheaper than the supermarket. Often can get tins of chickpeas a lot cheaper there.

The one I go to often has great deals on things like chickpeas and beans and his cauliflowers were 20p cheaper than Asda yesterday and nicer - they are quite near together so can compare the prices.

In leeds they have asian isles in the supermarkets that sell asian brands which are always cheaper than the british equivalent, they never had them in Warrington not sure about anywhere else. I'm lucky I live in an area that has a very large asian community, it's really good for veggie products :)

My MIL lives near to the Asian community in Nottingham and when we lived in Notts always did my shopping there and went to Leicester to bulk buy for things for the pub.

You watch Jeremy Kyle?! Oh dear :p

That quiche looks really interesting.x

Leave me alone - I love Jeremy Kyle. Actually my MIL likes to watch it but I have to explain who is who and what is happening. (she is 94 but you would never know it - still does her rather large garden and buys brilliant clothes - she is like Mary Berry without the cooking skills :) )

Just got out of bed because I can't sleep - this is nothing to do with Slimming World but my Diary.

I am over excited because tomorrow we are going to see our new house for the first time - WOW and big WOW.

Quick synopsis - we rented out a house in Nottingham when we went to live in Spain - was good for 10 years and then when our brilliant tenant left we got lots of grief from 6 monthers who thought a dripping tap was a major concern and 1/4 of the rent went to someone to fix it. Decided that when we retired properly - i.e. getting a pension - we would get rid of all that and buy our retirement home. Put it on the market October 2012 and sold it within a couple of weeks (another story)
So we have looked and looked - we wanted - a brilliant kitchen - by the sea and easy walking - near to shops (especially M & S - a family joke) ideally a bungalow but must have a downstairs loo if a house - no garden as we don't want to come back to a mess AND it must be detached (my OH most wanted).
We had been to Llandudno in North Wales for a week-end and really liked it - ticked most of the boxes but could not find the house at the right price that we liked without doing work to it then in November I was on the net and found a likely one . I rang up and made an appointment to see this half finished house and went to view it the next day - walked into it and knew it was MY house - looked at my OH and he said OK - so we told the builder we wanted it and he could not believe it - he had 3 other people looking at it but they came back with other family members to look and decide time and again. Me - I know what I want when I see it even if it is a pair of trousers or a house.
We went to Australia the next day and left it to our solicitors to sort it out.
But the best of it is that it is a one off - built on small piece of land used by the family builders as their store room in the middle of town so it is not a big house.

SO - tomorrow we are going to see our new house for the first time - I am so excited - hope we like it :D:D:D (it is my Avatar).

Just borrowed decent camera from son so hopefully will get some good photos of house before we mess it up.

Last edited:
This is why I was asking you about Chester and Liverpool - will see you for lunch one day :D

Will buy you lunch there then - looking forward to it and living in the North of England once again.

Just got out of bed because I can't sleep - this is nothing to do with Slimming World but my Diary.

I am over excited because tomorrow we are going to see our new house for the first time - WOW and big WOW.

Quick synopsis - we rented out a house in Nottingham when we went to live in Spain - was good for 10 years and then when our brilliant tenant left we got lots of grief from 6 monthers who thought a dripping tap was a major concern and 1/4 of the rent went to someone to fix it. Decided that when we retired properly - i.e. getting a pension - we would get rid of all that and buy our retirement home. Put it on the market October 2012 and sold it within a couple of weeks (another story)
So we have looked and looked - we wanted - a brilliant kitchen - by the sea and easy walking - near to shops (especially M & S - a family joke) ideally a bungalow but must have a downstairs loo if a house - no garden as we don't want to come back to a mess AND it must be detached (my OH most wanted).
We had been to Llandudno in North Wales for a week-end and really liked it - ticked most of the boxes but could not find the house at the right price that we liked without doing work to it then in November I was on the net and found a likely one . I rang up and made an appointment to see this half finished house and went to view it the next day - walked into it and knew it was MY house - looked at my OH and he said OK - so we told the builder we wanted it and he could not believe it - he had 3 other people looking at it but they came back with other family members to look and decide time and again. Me - I know what I want when I see it even if it is a pair of trousers or a house.
But the best of it is that it is a one off - built on small piece of land used by the family builders as their store room in the middle of town so it is not a big house.

SO - tomorrow we are going to see our new house for the first time - I am so excited - hope we like it :D:D:D (it is my Avatar).

Just borrowed decent camera from son so hopefully will get some good photos of house before we mess it up.

North wales is lovely, growing up in the north west spent all my holidays in north wales :)
And I'm not surprised you're excited I wouldn't be able to sleep either

Ahh so you are off to Welshest Wales! Enjoy your new home!!!

That sounds idyllic I hope it is exactly like you imagined.

I am a scouser Liverpool born and bred and I still work in Liverpool. But I split my outside work time between my mum's in Liverpool and my house with my husband near Trafford centre.
I can't commute every day due to my health so I tend to live here during the week but I only work 4 days a week now

That sounds idyllic I hope it is exactly like you imagined.

I am a scouser Liverpool born and bred and I still work in Liverpool. But I split my outside work time between my mum's in Liverpool and my house with my husband near Trafford centre.
I can't commute every day due to my health so I tend to live here during the week but I only work 4 days a week now

Hello fellow Scouser *waves* :D

That sounds wonderful, I hope it's everything you want when you see it! My in-laws live not far from Chester and my MIL is an adopted scouser, it's a fab part of the world. Husband really misses it now we are settled in the east mids, maybe one day we'll find our way over :) x

Thanks all - everything worked out brilliantly - we are back in Notts but everything is now a whirlwind to get things sorted. Back to Wales soon in a couple of days - no internet so will be intermittent postings until we get things sorted.

Keeping the food ok but seems to be lots of soup :) thank goodness for the pressure cooker.

I am so pleased to read how excited you are about your lovely house
we do want pics asap

sorry I have not been around - but my head has been in a bad place - now trying to get caught up with everyone and I am really loving hearing about the forthcoming move :):)

Back