has any one tried ultra kl b6

juejon

hi i went into local health food shop yesterday and got talked into buying these but now im really not sure if i want to use them has anybody else tried them and did they work

Just googled them, if its the bottle im looking at its basically a huge vit b6 supplement? The holland and barrat product im looking at has 3600% of RDA in a dose!

Vitamin B6 is involved in metabolism and fat breakdown etc, but my personal view is that 36 times the RDA of any vitamin is not good for you.. plus these supplements are not a natural source of the vitamin which makes a big difference

As an example, they studied the effect of calcium on kidney stones..

Natural diets high in calcium reduced the incidence of kidney stones

A calcium supplement made things worse!

So i always feel its best to get vitamins naturally through diet- unless the only alternative is deficiency

Sorry for the long waffle btw ;)

hi yes thanks for that she explained it that as im stuck at my current weight i could use these for a short period of time to boost weight lose then come of them and MiniMoosh they are a pill and still unsure could really do with a boost as fed up being stuck at my current weight but dont want to cause problems by taking them as we speak they are still in the draw but im fighting the urge to give up as i feel im getting no where :(

hi yes thanks for that she explained it that as im stuck at my current weight i could use these for a short period of time to boost weight lose then come of them and MiniMoosh they are a pill and still unsure could really do with a boost as fed up being stuck at my current weight but dont want to cause problems by taking them as we speak they are still in the draw but im fighting the urge to give up as i feel im getting no where :(

Hey Julie

Well over a short time i doubt they will do much harm, but i doubt personally they will help with weight loss either!. The only ones that i know of that work for sure are the ones that interfere with fat/carb digestion. My partner works for the NHS and does dispense those... she said the side effects can be pretty nasty, especially if you arent keeping a tight reign on diet.

As for being stuck at your weight, how long has your progress been hindered? Are you on a small deficit? Are you doing both cardio workouts and weight training?

hi dont really excerise i walk my little doggy twice a day and im on my feet all day at work as i work in a shop i have started writing down a food diary again and im being a bit more strict than i prob had been i have been stuck since xmas and have had a lot of family worries my 17 year old daughter was missing after being iin a violent relationship and he has taken my 2 year old grandson who we have helped bring up since birth so we feel more than nan and grandad and we are now having to fight for every min we get to spend with him dont know if stress can have a impact on weight i always assumed you lost weight but thanks anyway will just see what happens this week

Back