Having a go at the Atkins from today..

thinnerforever

Still finding it hard to believe that you can lose weight by eating fats. Hope this works for me, Just got bored of calorie counting and I'm seeming to have stalled a bit on that at the moment. I've had a good read of the thinking of starting Atkins thread and some of the menus and what people are eating and had a look on the Atkins website. My downfall is going to be beer :(, I do love one in the evenings but I'll try to be strict.

Anyway so this is my menu for today

B- Bacon, Egg, Sausage
L - Lamb Chop and Broccoli
D - Chicken Salad with Mayo
W - 8 cups of Tava Tea (Herbal Tea)
S - Celery

Hope this looks ok. Nice to meet you all here anyway and good luck with your losses. x

Last edited:
good luck to you! this is the best diet ever and it does take some getting used to in terms of eating high fat food but go with it and you will be surprised! cant help with the beer I cant stand the stuff myself but your food for today looks great :) x

Hi TFE and welcome. Just make sure you get in 3 mugs of chopped green veggies a day.

Hello, just wanted to let you know that there's a new diary section at the top of the page that I asked Pierce to create so we can put all of our diaries all together in one section to make things easier to find. If you PM Pierce he'll move yours for you :)

Thanks very much Bubbles. I'm looking forward to seeing results :).

Does anyone use the ketostix are they any good?

Hi Jim, Ok I'll get a bit more veg down me, bought plenty of fresh yesterday. Is two cups of salad and a cup of veg not enough then?

Thanks for letting me know Claire. :) Thanks for your help.

Nice to meet you all :)x

3 cups a day is great matey :) and i think it's best to do 2 cups of salad vegs and 1 cup of normal vegs on induction. Looks fine to me!

To be honest, if i'm doing a roast dinner i tend to usually have gravy still just making sure i count it in with my daily carb intake. It's not often i have a roast though so i guess now and again won't hurt. I think it depends how strict you intend on being really. I tend to look at it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet and so keeping a few things the same rather than depriving myself of everything i want (or feeling like i am) will keep me on the wagon.

welcome and good luck. menu looks good - celery as a snack?? id prefer pork scratchings, or come cheese LOL
yes use the stix but not as much as i used to.

Hello and welcome!
Gravy - take the juices from your roast, add a little stock if you need to, red or white wine (alcohol will cook out) reduce down and add a knob of butter to thicken! No need to miss gravy! Can't help with salad cream though! :)

salad cream - recipe in recipe thread :) near the end Lisa (dietkitty ) made it last week x

Think there's a typo on what cheese you like, Vicky. *halo*

lol :D

Welcome and good luck:)

pmsl :) yak yak yak i meant SOME!!!!

rosebug said:
Think there's a typo on what cheese you like, Vicky. *halo*

Glad you said that... I just lol on the train!!!

Morning and thanks everybody. The gravy and salad cream sounds good will have to make some of that. Day 2 and I lost the 2lb I put on over the weekend, maybe not the diet probably the huge amount of Tava tea and frequent visits to the toilet. lol

LOL @ the cheese!

B -Low Calorie Sausages, Egg and a couple of Mushrooms
L- Made some cheese leaks with a butter, double cream and an ounce of cheese (OMG where has this cheese sauce been all my life, tasted loads better than cheese, milk and flour) to go with my steak.

Now I'm feeling really contented that cheesy leaks and steak could have tasted so good.
S- Celery covered in some full fat soft cheese
Now I'm really full don't want to think about dinner, will have some salad with something probably. Hope I haven't been too greedy lol

Haven't drank enough yet so thats something I will do now!

Back