Hazel's diary

Hiya just to let u know, I joined a group on sat and the consultant said one of the recipes had changed adlt weatherspoons. I got home+logged on+it's the five bean chilli. Apparently they've changed the recipe so when its served with a jacket it's now 11.5 syns. Don't know how it works out as just the meal now xx

Hiya just to let u know, I joined a group on sat and the consultant said one of the recipes had changed adlt weatherspoons. I got home+logged on+it's the five bean chilli. Apparently they've changed the recipe so when its served with a jacket it's now 11.5 syns. Don't know how it works out as just the meal now xx

Yep I read that. I just had the old one with the tortilla chips. I think I saw something on one of the boards about that one staying the same. Then I saw loads of posts about jacket pots and whether they fry them or not etc... Seems they dont. Anyway, the egg noodles were lovely so thanks for that. I hope they're still only one syn.

Yep I read that. I just had the old one with the tortilla chips. I think I saw something on one of the boards about that one staying the same. Then I saw loads of posts about jacket pots and whether they fry them or not etc... Seems they dont. Anyway, the egg noodles were lovely so thanks for that. I hope they're still only one syn.

Oh that's good cos I thought of you straight away. The article about the noodles is on the website under the features bit xx

Thanks Jane. I think Wetherspoons is quite good for SW peeps. Quite a lot of low syn choices.

Yes think that they are saying is that the jacket pots are deep fried and left to dry so that the staff can put them in the microwave when needed that's why the syns have changed.

Today's menu - green

Breakfast - 2 alpen light bars (HEB)

Lunch - baked potato, cottage cheese, cucumber, cherry toms

Tea - Noodle stir fry with chicken (HEB) and blue dragon chow mein sauce. Now the sauce pack says new improved recipe but it was only 60 odd calories so that would be about 3 syns right? Well I will call it 2 as shared it between me and hubby

Might have a crunchie and a milky coffee later or I might make a choc gloop pud.

On a good note, I continued with my regular morning weigh and it dropped down again to 11.12.1/2 This is good!!! Very good. I will keep eye on it though and see if there's a pattern. I might be able to work out a better weigh day.

On another note - it's my day off tomorrow and hubby will want to go to Libby's (a really great coffee shop with amazing cakes). Now, I could go and have half a cake but I need to bear in mind I have a night out with my mate on Saturday night so need to save up a bit for that. hmmmm......... thinking.......

Today's menu - green

Breakfast - 2 alpen light bars (HEB)

Lunch - baked potato, cottage cheese, cucumber, cherry toms

Tea - Noodle stir fry with chicken (HEB) and blue dragon chow mein sauce. Now the sauce pack says new improved recipe but it was only 60 odd calories so that would be about 3 syns right? Well I will call it 2 as shared it between me and hubby

Might have a crunchie and a milky coffee later or I might make a choc gloop pud.

On a good note, I continued with my regular morning weigh and it dropped down again to 11.12.1/2 This is good!!! Very good. I will keep eye on it though and see if there's a pattern. I might be able to work out a better weigh day.

On another note - it's my day off tomorrow and hubby will want to go to Libby's (a really great coffee shop with amazing cakes). Now, I could go and have half a cake but I need to bear in mind I have a night out with my mate on Saturday night so need to save up a bit for that. hmmmm......... thinking.......

Have the milky coffee but forego the cake if u are also out on Saturday and the scales will keep on going down!! X

Good point as I know what I am getting with a crunchie and not so sure about the cake. When I go out I'll be going for a curry so I will just stick to veggie and rice so that should count as 10 so hopefully I will keep within limit. I didn't have any yesterday so have a few saved up. x

Oh oh oh! Weighed today and it has dropped again by a pound. 11.11.1/4 it says now. Well I reckon it is because I haven't had any syns the last couple of days. I refrained from the crunchie last night but I will be having some cake today - shared with hubby of course - so I reckon it will prob jump up again tomorrow but we will see. I think it might be as well to change my weigh in day as weighing in on a Monday doesn't really give my body much time to get over the weekend.

Today's menu - m2m

Breakfast - ham and egg on toast (HEB)

Lunch - jacket potato, beans, cheese (HEA), salad

Tea - keema curry and cabbage (olive oil HEB)

Latte (HEA) Cake - call it 15 and I will be sharing it! Quavers - 4.5

That's about 20 syns today. Yesterdays and todays.

Last edited:
Your right about wi day I think Thursday morning or Friday is a good day at least you can have a good weekend and then pull it back if you have to from Monday until weigh day, well done on your loss, its coming down nicely. xx

Okay so weighed in this morning to see if any change and I put 1.5 back on so will see if it settles any. No syns today but will be going out tomorrow and have a veg curry so it will be 10 tomorrow.

Today's menu - green

Breakfast - 2 alpen lights (HEB)

Lunch - mugshot, fruit

Tea - jacket pot with 2xcheese (HEAx2), beans and salad

snack - 2 kellogs nutrigrain breakfast biscuits (HEB) These are dangerous!!!!! Packs of 4 but you can only have 2 as a B choice. They are lovely though and are just like a wee biscuit. Nice change instead of alpen lights.

Went out and had 17 olives - call it (2 syns)

Last edited:
I'm keeping an eye on this thread..I have no idea how to subscribe unless i reply so just writing a quick high x

Today's menu: M2M I think...

Breakfast - bacon, egg, mushrooms

Lunch - Tuna melt (Bread HEB, Cheese HEA)

Tea - going for a curry so will probably have a veggie jalfrezi with boiled rice - (7.5) That might make room for a poppadum with relish (6)

Scales dropped back down to 11.11.1/4 Yay!!!! So I see there is some sense of my body reacting. This is so encouraging. Last night I went out and ate about 17 olives from the pub. I counted the stones haha. I remember the olives being quite low in syns. Does anyone know? They weren't the massive dobbers. Just medium ones with herbs and spice coated on them. I want to keep track of everything. xx

Last edited:
Today's menu: M2M I think...

Breakfast - bacon, egg, mushrooms

Lunch - Tuna melt (Bread HEB, Cheese HEA)

Tea - going for a curry so will probably have a veggie curry with boiled rice. (10)

Scales dropped back down to 11.11.1/4 Yay!!!! So I see there is some sense of my body reacting. This is so encouraging. Last night I went out and ate about 17 olives from the pub. I counted the stones haha. I remember the olives being quite low in syns. Does anyone know? They weren't the massive dobbers. Just medium ones with herbs and spice coated on them. I want to keep track of everything. xx

Tuna melt sounds gorgeous, how do u make it x

Hazel..well done on going back to your 11.11 stone, your profile picture is beautiful, I can only imagine what you will look like with some weight loss. You will look gorgeous.

i love jacket potatoes, I have no guts to use chedder cheese as a healthy extra, I feel that two servings of HE will never be enough to make a meal taste cheesy..I also have no scales so not sure how to weigh the cheese.

once I learn how to use this site, I will start taking pictures of some of my meals..but this can weight for a few more days/ weeks, it will give me a change to look forward to.

i never plan set meals, I cook things ( always syn free) as and when I fancy I hope that will work, as I have always been a impulsive eater, never too good at sticking to food plans, I also eat these meals when ever I fancy..even as snacks sometimes.

today I am making lentil soul...some onions fried with fry light spray, lentils, half can of chick peas and half can of sweetcorn, some tomatoe purée fried with the onions and garlic also fried with the onions.

option hot chock is amazing, thank you for reminding me about this. Good luck today!

Back