Hazel's diary

Yep about the vimto.
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you.
Do you think your eating enough or having enough super free.?

Thanks for the vimto info. Yeah I had a cantaloupe melon yesterday and salad but to be honest I don't do EE very often anyway and the superfree is not as prescriptive on the other plans. However I do have plenty of superfree, veggies, salads and fruit. It is frustrating but just have to keep plodding on and hope it starts to click soon. x

Tuesday's Menu: Green

Breakfast - went to Libby's and had carrot cake and latte (HEA)

Now about the carrot cake - it was a big slab so say about 30 syns being generous but I only had half of it and ther ewere loads of walnut halves in it so if I be naughty and use the walnut halves as part of (HEB) I could prob reduce down to 10 syns. Well I am still good as I only used 2 syns yesterday.

Lunch - chicken n mushroom pasta n sauce with extra peppers and peas

Tea - Spring greens and linguine (HEB olive oil HEA Parmesan)

Choc pud (1)

Tomorrow we are off to the Lake District for the day so I was thinking of taking packed lunch to save on syns.

Does anyone know how many bag of quavers are? Still about 4/5?

Last edited:
4.5 hazel for the quavers. Have a lovely day. It's meant to brighten up later. yes I would take a lunch with you. I like doing that. !! Big flask of coffee and plenty of water x

Wednesday's menu: M2M

Breakfast - Greek yoghurt, blueberries and mango

Lunch - Ham roll (HEB) Chicken kebab, Quavers (4.5) fruit

Snack - Costa latte (HEA prob x2 by the size of it but I didn't drink it all) Bite of a cake - (2)

Tea - Wetherspoons 5 bean chilli (5) I can't remember the synnage in this but I remember it being quite low.

Syns - 11.5

Had a lovely time in the Lakes thanks. We hired a little boat and went out on Windermere. Didn't stay long but nice for a change of scenery. Kids enjoyed too so bonus!

I'm trying hard not to think negatively about food etc at the moment. I think I would feel more positive if I had better results and if my social life wasn't so hard. Tomorrow I go to a group in the evening where they cook for you so can't refuse and no choice in it. Then on Saturday I am going to a conference where they provide you lunch - again no choice in it. So I hope I'll be okay next week at weigh in.

Last edited:
Pleased you had a good day. How old are your children. I have teens and they are so hard to please on days out. Also with them being teens where do you take them?
Food looks good today every though you've been out.
What do you do for work as you say your at a conference on Saturday. ?
What group do you attend tommorow? X

Pleased you had a good day. How old are your children. I have teens and they are so hard to please on days out. Also with them being teens where do you take them?
Food looks good today every though you've been out.
What do you do for work as you say your at a conference on Saturday. ?
What group do you attend tommorow? X

Kids hey. Mine are 11 and 6 so quite easy to please at the moment. The group I am going to tonight is called Connect and it's like a bible study group. The conference is a Christian women's conference and lasts the weekend. It's based in Sheffield. I work as a teacher so we don't get a lot of time at lunchtime so usually I have a mugshot and fruit or leftovers or I have recently started microwaving a baked potato in the morning and taking that in as they only take 2 mins to reheat in microwave.

Today's menu

Breakfast - greek yoghurt, blueberries and mango chunks

Lunch - savoury rice with peppers and peas and a two egg omlette. Tiny drop of encona hot sauce

quavers - 4.5

Tea = Baked pots with butter (5??) and some sort of chilli. I have no idea of the syns so I'll count as (5) as well for any oil. This was the meal I had but to be honest I didn't have an awful lot anyway.

Milky coffee (HEA) 2 alpen lights (HEB)

syns - 14.5

Last edited:
Okay so the meal tonight was small baked pots which were covered in butter (why do people do that??) and some chilli to go with it. I had a bit to be social and calling it 10 syns to be safe. I could use the chilli as my (HEB) so I made sure I only had one other B choice today.

Tomorrow should be fine but I think Saturday will be a washout as the conference is providing lunch and I have no idea what it is going to be. Then I think I will be going back to someone's house in which case I will have to eat whatever is put in front of me. Well, nothing I can do really so might as well just enjoy it.

Okay so the meal tonight was small baked pots which were covered in butter (why do people do that??) and some chilli to go with it. I had a bit to be social and calling it 10 syns to be safe. I could use the chilli as my (HEB) so I made sure I only had one other B choice today.

Tomorrow should be fine but I think Saturday will be a washout as the conference is providing lunch and I have no idea what it is going to be. Then I think I will be going back to someone's house in which case I will have to eat whatever is put in front of me. Well, nothing I can do really so might as well just enjoy it.

Hate not knowing what I will be fed, I like to plan otherwise I panic hut I'm getting better at that. I'm sure you'll make great choices+it's only a one off so won't cause any damage.

Try the sweet chilli noodles, they are nice :)

When is weigh in? Xx

Today's menu: red

Breakfast - 2 slices ham, fried egg, and tin of plum tomatoes.

Lunch - steak in mushroom and peppercorn sauce. (HEA 75g philli light)

Tea - Tuna and red onion melt (HEB bread and HEA 28g cheddar) 1 syn for mayo

Disasterous day so far. My car battery died. Probably cos I haven't used it in a week but it's the same battery as it came with and it's 13 years old! So had to cancel a date a had with a friend and hopefully it will be fine for getting me into Sheffield and back tonight. I do not quite fancy being stranded on the Snake Pass in the dark!

Last edited:
Back