Hazel's diary

They are brilliant also i cut them into small cubes like maybe the size of a plum , then I mix a bit of honey ( say two teaspoons) and a bit of hot water just a bit to make it more liquidised and pour on top of the sweet potatoes but it works better with butternut squash.. Then put in oven and wow it's even more caraalised

mmmm yum. you would have to syn the honey though remember. 1 level tsp is 1 syn. If its a heaped teaspoon then it would be 2 or 3. x

Yes I count it as one syn each teaspoon, also I forgot to say toss The honey and water round the squash don't just pour on top

Awww thank you Jane. It has jumped back up again today for no reason. I haven't had any syns except that 1 in Wetherspoons! So think I will have a crunchie tonight as a treat. I'm wanting it to go to 11.10 now.

Today's Menu - green

Breakfast - 2 alpen lights (HEB)

Lunch - baked potato and cottage cheese, fruit

Tea - chicken (HEB) cous cous salad (this was disgusting!!!!) and asparagus

Snack later - milky coffee (HEA) crunchie 9 Jane's red pepper soup - result!!!! Going to take some to work tomorrow.

Last edited:
The celery and sweetcorn soup

Tin of sweetcorn

all the celery leaves and about 5 sticks more if you want
onion
herbs
chicken stock cube
pepper

blend in a pan or soup blender add water about half to 3 quarters bring to boil and simmer, them blip to smooth you can salt later but I don't think you need it.

Today's Menu - green

Breakfast - 2 nutrigrain breakfast biscuits (HEB)

Lunch - red pepper soup, fruit

Tea - Spring greens and linguine - (HEB - oil, HEA - parmesan)

HEA - coffee with milk

Choc gloop pud - 1 syn

Weight this morning........ dropped down to 11.11! Yay. No quarters, halves or three quarters. And it's my p week too. Hopefully it will go down another pound this week. Now, deliberating whether to go to Libby's cafe tomorrow as per usual??? It seems to be working so far..

Today's Menu - green

Lunch - red pepper soup, fruit

Tea - Spring greens and linguine - (HEB - oil, HEA - parmesan)

HEA - coffee with milk

Choc gloop pud - 1 syn

Weight this morning........ dropped down to 11.11! Yay. No quarters, halves or three quarters. And it's my p week too. Hopefully it will go down another pound this week. Now, deliberating whether to go to Libby's cafe tomorrow as per usual??? It seems to be working so far..

Yay, nice one Hazel - don't you just love it when the scales show round numbers and not the silly extra quarters etc?!! Keep doing what you've been doing....it's definitely working for you. :)

H xx

Oh wow, it's working for you, amazing, I bet you could do this forever because you just never feel deprived.
Personally I don't count the hours or days with SW which is why I'v done it for three weeks without realising.

you should definitely get yourself a treat like a ******* voucher for a massage or day spa..but maybe in another few pounds, you decide when :)

Well who would have believed it? Kale crisps! They actually work. Frylighted them and put on baking tray for 10 mins in oven and Voila! I'm just trying some more now with salt and sweetener on them to see if they are like crispy seaweed.

Hi Hazel here to sub hun :) looking forward to reading your diary. It's so funny I was talking about corn chowder and you were thinking it, I was talking to my sis about kale crisps and you've made them, spooky ! :eek: hehe :D

Kay xx

Today's menu: Green

Lunch - broc n cheese pasta n sauce with extra peppers and peas (HEA milk)

Tea - jacket potato n cottage cheese n salad

Snacks - 2 scotch pancakes with a smidge of spread (10)

Back