Hazel's diary

Today's menu: Green

Breakfast - 2 nutrigrain breakfast biscuits (HEB)

Lunch - broc n cheese pasta n sauce with extra peppers and peas (HEA milk)

Tea - jacket potato n cottage cheese n salad

Snacks - 2 scotch pancakes with a smidge of spread (10)

Evening :), food looks fab Hazel, well done for sticking to the plan. Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow hun.

Kay xx

Kale is like a curly cabbage leaf. It goes crispy when you put it in the oven. Tastes a bit like crispy seaweed from the chinese.

Yum - that's sounds like something I'd like too. I'll have to check to see if my local veggie shop has got some.....:fingerscrossed:

H xx

Where have I been???

Well i only ended up having one pancake the other night instead of two to cut down my syns a bit as had a workshop day yesterday in Skipton. For anyone interested it was a crochet workshop with the lovely Lucy from Attic 24 fame. It was a lovely day but the food......... well actually I didn't do too badly. They brought out pastries and cakes in the morning but they cut them up into tiny bitesize pieces so I only had about 5 pieces in total throughout the day. Lunch was a tuna mayo sandwich with cucumber and olives on brown bread. The bread looked like the size of a loaf!! I called it two HEBs but it was prob more than that. Then yesterday evening, after all the driving we had Indian takeout so I was good and opted for veggie jalfrezi and boiled rice. I treated myself to a poppadom and that was it. So..... I had a lot of syns yesterday but I had saved up quite a few syns through the week. I imagined I would put on just over a pound and I did. Yesterday morning I weighed 11.10 and today I weighed 11.11.1/4. So I actually feel like I am getting in control with my food now and I know what I can eat and what I will put on etc. I think this pound should come off quite quick too if I stick to plan the rest of the week.

Today's menu: M2M

Breakfast - mango and banana, latte (HEA)

lunch - mattesons turkey rashers on brown bread (HEB) and egg

Tea - spring greens and linguine (HEB for oil and HEA for parmesan)

Where have I been???

Well i only ended up having one pancake the other night instead of two to cut down my syns a bit as had a workshop day yesterday in Skipton. For anyone interested it was a crochet workshop with the lovely Lucy from Attic 24 fame. It was a lovely day but the food......... well actually I didn't do too badly. They brought out pastries and cakes in the morning but they cut them up into tiny bitesize pieces so I only had about 5 pieces in total throughout the day. Lunch was a tuna mayo sandwich with cucumber and olives on brown bread. The bread looked like the size of a loaf!! I called it two HEBs but it was prob more than that. Then yesterday evening, after all the driving we had Indian takeout so I was good and opted for veggie jalfrezi and boiled rice. I treated myself to a poppadom and that was it. So..... I had a lot of syns yesterday but I had saved up quite a few syns through the week. I imagined I would put on just over a pound and I did. Yesterday morning I weighed 11.10 and today I weighed 11.11.1/4. So I actually feel like I am getting in control with my food now and I know what I can eat and what I will put on etc. I think this pound should come off quite quick too if I stick to plan the rest of the week.

Today's menu: M2M

Breakfast - mango and banana, latte (HEA)

lunch - mattesons turkey rashers on brown bread (HEB) and egg

Tea - spring greens and linguine (HEB for oil and HEA for parmesan)

I am SOOO jealous! Not about the food (which sounds scrummy by the way and well worth the treat), but about the crochet workshop. I discovered her website a few months ago and love what she does. Did you pick up some good tips and tricks you can share? ;)

H xx

Ha! We'll not really as I actually gave Lucy a couple of tips! One was about weaving in the ends as you go - weaving them up into the stitches not just across the back. She was lovely. Day was fun. Very productive. I'll be doing a blog post soon with pics so will let you know. X

Ha! We'll not really as I actually gave Lucy a couple of tips! One was about weaving in the ends as you go - weaving them up into the stitches not just across the back. She was lovely. Day was fun. Very productive. I'll be doing a blog post soon with pics so will let you know. X

I'll look forward to that Hazel. Maybe you ought to start running your own workshops too!! :)

H xx

One day maybe Heather!

Okay - Today's menu - Green

Breakfast - alpen light bars - (HEB)

Lunch - 4 Ryvita (HEB) 75g phili light (HEA)

Tea - Ratatouille and pasta

Snack- Jane's celery and sweetcorn soup.

Syns - might have a crunchie later with a milky coffee. I'm in need of something sweet.

Very low today as weigh in showed a maintain if not a slight gain at 11.11. 1/4. Well, I really felt like I had been good as I didn't go to Libby's last week, I only had one small scotch pancake, saved loads of syns up for the saturday and didn't scoff all the pastries when I was there. So I feel pretty crud right now. It is one thing to stay n control and sacrifice all that lovely, yummy bad for you food but when you don't see any reward for it at the end then what is the point???? So tomorrow I AM going to Libby's and I am having the WHOLE piece of cake - not just half of it. Don't care anymore. Very poooooed off.

Menu: M2M

Breakfast - nectarine, two nutrigrain biscuits (HEB)

Coffees with milk (HEA)

Lunch - baked potato, cottage cheese, salad

Tea - steaks with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, asparagus

Syns - 1 jaffa cake 2.5

Awww Hazel, hope you feel better soon hun. Don't worry about the scales too much, you know you've been 100% so the weight will drop off sooner or later, just keep at it. :) Your food looks really yum for today hun. Hope your having a smashing day ! :D

Kay xx

Oh Hazel don't let it get you down, have you tried measuring yourself to see if you are losing inches, or your clothes feel looser, just think it might help to try and keep you focus on something else other than the scales. Keep at it, it will definitely come off xx

Very low today as weigh in showed a maintain if not a slight gain at 11.11. 1/4. Well, I really felt like I had been good as I didn't go to Libby's last week, I only had one small scotch pancake, saved loads of syns up for the saturday and didn't scoff all the pastries when I was there. So I feel pretty crud right now. It is one thing to stay n control and sacrifice all that lovely, yummy bad for you food but when you don't see any reward for it at the end then what is the point???? So tomorrow I AM going to Libby's and I am having the WHOLE piece of cake - not just half of it. Don't care anymore. Very poooooed off.

Menu: M2M

Breakfast - nectarine, two nutrigrain biscuits (HEB)

Coffees with milk (HEA)

Lunch - baked potato, cottage cheese, salad

Tea - steaks with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, asparagus

Syns - 1 jaffa cake 2.5

Hazel, so sorry to hear you're feeling low after a disappointing weigh in. It always seems so unfair when you've been good all week, yet it doesn't show a good result on the scales. However, despite that you've still managed to stay on plan with today's eating, whereas for many of us it would have triggered a full-scale binge. You're strong. You're very poooed off, but you do care. Give yourself permission to have that whole slice of cake at Libby's tomorrow and enjoy every single crumb; not as an act of rebellion 'what's the point' frame of mind, but in a 'be nice to yourself and cut yourself some slack' frame of mind. Then get right back on plan and keep going; as Kay says, by sticking to it you WILL get there.

:bighug:

H xx

Thanks so much everyone!

I weighed in this morning and guess what??? I weighed 11.8.3/4!!! Woot! Into the 8s! How did that happen overnight? So I need to keep telling myself that the plan DOES work. Just keep sticking to it and it WILL come off like you all said. Now, I am guessing after today that might go up a bit but it is great to see a new number on the scales. Thanks so much lovely people for encouraging me with your kind words. It is good to keep a record so that it will remind me in those hard times to keep at it. Keep sticking to it etc... I am going to change my stats to 11.9 and try and be good all week again and see if I can keep to that if not lose. xx

Back