Healthy Eating Diary again, updated

Today:

Breakfast - grilled turkey bacon sandwich with seeded bread

Lunch - pasta, tuna, salad cream & half fat cheddar cheese

Small pack of nairns oat fruit biscuits

Dinner - not sure yet as not hungry

Approx - 900 cals so far

Today;

Small smoothie with banana, mango, pineapple & orange juice (100)

Breakfast - bran flakes with semi skimmed milk (200)

Lunch - chicken sandwich with salad on seeded bread (320) fruit pack tutti fruity tesco (90)

Packet cheese flavoured oat cakes (130)

Dinner - lamb sheppards pie with sweet potato topping and broccolli & sweetcorn (450)

Alpro soya choc dessert (110)

toatal = 1400

Tip of the week:

Make up a large glass bowl of salad - mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, sliced peppers, sliced onions, cherry tomatoes (dont cut them as juice makes salad go soggy), cress & grated carrot (and anything else u wanna chuck in) but no dressing, cover in cling film and it will keep in fridge for a few days
I just use it to put in sandwiches, wraps and to bulk up lunches & dinners :D

Today:

Breakfast - special k and skinny latte (250)

Lunch - greggs tuna/light mayo sandwich & cup of tea (380)

2 cheese oat cakes with red pepper houmous (100)

Dinner - quorn meatballs & mushrooms in dolmio sauce and pasta (550) "wow 5 meatballs for 77 cals"

Mini milk 30 cals
small pot low fat rice pudding with tsp sugar less strawberry jam (140)

Total = 1420

(most of the food today was less than 5g fat per 100g, greggs was 5.5 and oat cakes were higher to)

Rosemary Conely's eat yourself slim diet/cook book turned up today, seems to make sense and pretty much what i already seem to be doing, just lower fat and a bit more flexible.
So might give this ago for a few weeks :eek:

1400 cals

Today:

Breakfast - small strawberry & passion fruit smoothie (100) - bran flakes with skimmed milk, tsp raw demerara (160)

Lunch - 2 crumpets with onion & chive reduced fat cream cheese topped with grilled mushrooms (200)

Dinner - ham, dry fried egg & rustic low fat chips with a wholemeal roll (500)

Snacks - apple (50), alpro soya choc dessert (110), crumpet with jam (100), cream egg (170)

Total = 1390

Wow seems like i've ate loads today but still in my calories

you are doing REALLY well Poppy !

you know, I just typed out a whole message to you, then lost it!!

I was asking about the cheese oat cakes and the red pepper houmos.. sounds lovely, are they home made or bought ? Was saying that just lately last few days, I seem to be thinking I want to eat more, as I have been 'good' about 6 to 8 weeks now, and just maybe sometimes want to snack..When I look at what you eat, you seem to be doing ok all the time, really keeping to it, and for that you should be applauded. Good on you!

I will try to get my thoughts back on track..Its not that I have been eating what I shouldnt, but ( really I have, abit ! ) for instance, a little dollop of ice cream added to my low fat yogurt ..or a bit of cheese grated into my hot home made soup.. I dont seem to be able to stop thinking about what I would like.

anyway.. as I say.. good luck with your healthy way of eating, and I will try to be as good..

see you around the threads !

:)

Woohoo another 2lb this week :)

Thanks for your positive comments Walkonby, writing this diary really helps keep me on track i think! the cheese oat cakes i get from holland & barret & tesco, they do a small bag (like a bag of crisps) 130 cals or individual cakes in a pack 39 cals each, the houmous i get from tesco in a mini 3 pack original/lemon & corriander & the red pepper one.

I,ve found it's the little extras we nibble that add on the calories more so than 3 set meals a day & 3 snacks.

Good luck to you to :)

Didn't end up going to nando's in the end had an Indian (calorie wise i think was worse), but it was nice :)

Today:

Breakfast - special k with skimmed milk (160)

Lunch - butternut squash & ginger soup with a wholemeal roll (320)

Dinner - rosemary conely chicken kiev, mash with steamed carrots & broccolli (500)

Snacks - crumpet with jam (100) - alpro soya dessert (110), grapes (50)

Total = 1240 (will have a small snack later to make up to 1400, probably ambrosia low fat rice pudding)

Enjoy your weekend :)

Been doing the ae sports active 30 day challege, i can feel it working :D

Today:

Breakfast - Small glass smoothie (nana, orange & mango juice, defrosted tropical fruit & raspberries) - porridge with naturally sweetened strawberry jam 1tsp (320)

Lunch - Small bowl of butternut squash soup left from yesterday & a ham salad sandwich made with weight watcher brown bread - (300)

Dinner - weight watchers sausage (dry fried), dry fried egg, grilled mushrooms, 2 tbsp baked beans & 1 slice weight watchers brown bread (350)
(didn't enjoy this much should of made an omlette and salad & less calories :()

Snacks - 1 pck fruit oat cakes (210), grapes (20), having a choc bar 200 cals or under as it is saturday night :)

Total = 1400

Today:

Breakfast = Small bowl special k with skimmed milk & 2 slices weight watchers brown bread with flora light & orange and ginger naturally sweetened marmalade (350)

Lunch = 1 individual sized baguette cut in half & rubbed with garlic, topped with sliced cherry toms and half fat cheese, then grilled (250)

Dinner = red thai curry & basmati rice(550) and rosemary conely's bannoffee cheesecake 1/8 (150)

Snacks = grapes (50) minimilk & 6 milkado's (100)

Total = 1450

What's the sports activity? Is that on the Wii? How is the trampolining going? xxx

Hi, yes it's on the wii, it's called ae sports active and you can do a 30 day challege, 5 workouts aweek about half hour or less a time, it combines - boxing, tennis, lunges, running and u you use a resistance band to tone up, it's quite a good one! wasn't enjoying trampolining at the beginning but now i put put music channel on and dance on it much more fun :)

Felt really cold today and when i'm cold i eat unhealthy :(

Today:

Breakfast = Herbal tea (blueberry) & a bowl of muesli with skimmed milk with drizzle of honey (350)

Lunch = Half tin tomato soup with 1 slice of weight watchers wholemeal bread (150)

Dinner = steamed smoked haddock with sweet potato chips a mixed salad (350) and 1/8 slice of bannoffee pie (150)

Snacks = toast with peanut butter (100) - crusty wholegrain farm house slice of bread with jam (130) - grapes (50) - hot chocolate with skimmed milk (100)

Total = 1380

Today:

Breakfast - smoothie and 2 slices toast with strawberry jam (350)

Lunch - mushroom omellette with salad (400)

Dinner - sheppards pie (rosemary conely) with brocolli & sweetcorn and lemon sponge (no fat) with low fat custard (520)

Snacks - grapes (50) toast with jam (130)

Total = 1450

Today:

Breakfast = small glass smoothie (banana, mango & orange juice) (100 cals) - bran flakes with skimmed milk & tsp demerera (250 cals)

Lunch = butternut squash soup with one thick slice wholegrain farmhouse bread with a little x light flora (300 cals) & a alpro soya dessert choc flavour (110)

Dinner = rosemary conley cottage pie with leek & mash top (no cheese) with broccolli (400 cals) & fat free lemon sponge & low fat custard (150 cals)

Snacks = grapes (50) 2 cups tea (40 cals)

Total = 1400

Well that was plan but also had a cadbury's lite mouse (60cals) and sure i'll snack later feel so hungry today :( and weigh in tomorrow

Today:

Breakfast = small glass of orange juice & special k hiney and oats with skimmed milk (250)

Lunch = butternut squash soup with 2 slices wholemeal toast (400)

Dinner = Rosemary conely stuffed chicken breast (really nice) with sweet potato mash & carrots (400)

Snacks = grapes (50) & treat size flake (70)

Was doing ok today but had a chocolate craving and ate half an easter egg :( really dissapointed as have lost 3lb this week to!

For health reasons i'm thinking of going back to vegan, i use to be a vegetarian then i tried vegan then back to veggie now meat eater again since xmas, but recently i've been thinking about going back, reason being i feel bloated and blocked alot lately and when i was vegan this never happened and milk produces mucus inside and is said to trigger asthma & allergies (which i have), so i'm thinking of slowly cutting out dairy and red meat to start with and see how i go, will update on here as i go (i think the reason i failed last time was because i jumped straight in), hopefully with the healthy eating and calorie counting i will still loose as will be eating less fat with dairy and meat gone!
Anyone with any views on this please comment :)

Thanks Aisha, think i may of gained this week though :( had a nice mothers day meal and over indulged!

Today :

Breakfast - 2 toast with raspberry jam

Lunch - spring veg soup with wholemeal roll

Dinner - jacket potato with tuna/xlite mayo/sweetcorn & salad followed by cherry sponge with soya custard

Snack - choc orange raw nakd bar & 4 tesco after eights (vegan)

Been down the allotment today preparing beds ready for planting...

Today:

Breakfast - special k honey & oats with soya milk (200)

Lunch - wholemeal wrap with toffutti fake cream cheese and chive spread & salad (220)

Dinner - veggie sausage, mash, peas & gravy followed by apple & blackberry (found soe in back of freezer) crumble with alpro soya custard (600)

Snacks - half flapjack (200) - soya dessert (110) - grapes (50)

Total = 1380

Back