Healthy Eating Diary again, updated

Today:

Breakfast - porridge with half soya milk half water & a little jam, 1 slice of toast with peanut butter and a cup of tea (350)

Lunch - wholemeal wrap with caramilized onion hommous and salad and a few grapes(250)

Dinner - lightly dusted cod with low fat oven chips & peas followed by summerfruits (defrosted) topped with vanilla alpro soya dessert (650)

Snacks - pkt of fruity oat cakes (200), 2 hotel choc chocolates (100 oops)

Total - 1550

We only have a small back yard so that was why we rented an allotment, last year we grew tomatoes, leeks, strawberries, garlic, red onion, onions (but they had rot so had to throw them all), courgettes, sweetcorn & potatoes and also planted some raspberries & tayberries and apple tree which should fruit this year, think we will grow similar this year except potatoes (as take up loads of room) and hopefully plant some more fruit trees, would be nice to smoothie my own fruit :) (except the strawberries last year were ate before we got home) :D

Vegan diet not going to well as cant stand the taste of soya milk and cheese, so back on dairy (that didn't last long) :)
Going to try and stick to mainly veggie diet and a little fish and add more fibre to my diet and a few more smoothies!

Today :

Breakfast - branflakes with semi milk and tsp of raw cane sugar

Lunch - egg mayo sandwich from greggs and latte

Dinner - homemade roasted veg lasgne with homemade wedges and salad

Snacks - apple & cheese wafer biscuits dipped in caremilized onion houmous

No loss this week but was expecting that as not been well with sore throat and cold so haven't excercised at all this week
Today:

Breakfast - smoothie with pineapple juice, pineapple, banana,grapes & frozen tropical fruit

Lunch - wholegrain seeded roll with veggie ham & salad

Dinner - roasted veg lasgne left over from last night

Snacks - speciak k bar - cheese wafers and houmous - small pot muller rice apple

Last edited:
Hi Poppy !/ Long time no see !

When I read your daily food menu, I cant see anything wrong with it, it is so varied, and healthy looking to me and you deserve full marks for keeping it up..even when you say you may have your 'off ' days, you always keep the diary up, and give others inspiration.

You know ? if you keep this style of eating up for a lifetime and a 'way of life ' you WILL see the results in time, because I'm sure that what we work for today, we will achieve tomorrow.
Dont be downhearted about eating 'normal' food now and then, because you, like everyone, are only human and for us all to be aiming to look good and be slim, and ' dieting' each and every day - well - we are thinking of food food food all the time, and of course, its going to happen where we ' go off the rails abit '

Dont Worry ! ..for instance, yesterday ( and the last week) I too have been 'off the rails' !
#Sample menu yesterday ..if I remember ..

Stew and Dumplings, with sauce..I tasted all through AND had a bowl too..then a large lump of full fat cheese,, a packet of prawn cocktail crisps, a packet of pork crunch scratchings, around 6-8 ( possibly 8 ! ) lovely chocolates, a few biscuits, 2 bananas, 1 orange

See ? sometimes I cant stop. I dont know why ? but it seems so stupid, but its just life I suppose.. I will have to get my head around getting back to healthy eating, like you.
I do keep having these lapses, and it usually happens when I am @on a diet' and therefore thinking all the time of what to eat what not to eat.
I think the best way for me is to put the brakes on , eat what I want within reason, keep exercising ( which I keep on doing whatever, and have done over 40 years ) and STOP dieting, and START again eating healthily.

Like I say Poppy, your daily lists are an inspiration and if I dont look at them every day, I keep up to them at some point over the weeks, so. Good Luck to you and thankyou!

Thanks walkonby :) that helps me keep going!
That is the biggest thing the constant thinking about food, that is why i stopped recently counting calories again and just try to keep the food choices as healthy as possible and i've also realised that excercise is a big part of weight control to.
Good luck with the new healthy eating i'm sure we can keep on track with the odd treat here and there :)

So far today:

Breakfast - smoothie (pineapple, banana & frozen tropical fruit) & a raisin and cinnamon bagel with naturally sweetened strawberry jam

Lunch - quorn chicken style meat & salad wholemeal sandwich

Dinner - will be veggie spag bowl (veggie mince, corgettes, red peppers, mushrooms & wholemeal spagetti)

Snacks - muller rice (little pot) - small raw nakd bar coco orange flavour -

Still not feeling well so no excercise this week yet!

Today:

Breakfast - smoothie (banana, mango & frozen tropical fruit)

Lunch - 1 slice wholemeal bread with caramelised onion chutney & melted cheese

Dinner - veggie meatballs in a roasted veg sauce (mushrooms, courgettes, peppers & onions) & wholegrain pasta

Snacks - 1 pkt fruity oatcakes - 1 slice homemade carrot cake & 4 after eights

Hi, txs thought it was just a sore throat and has now turned into chesty cough :sigh:

yes that's me hope you didn't mind :)

get some buttercucp syrup Poppy, hope you're better soon,

( your menu's always sound scrumptious to me ) mmmm !

thanks, not doing to bad for a nan of 2 :) babysittig my oldest grandaughter now and watching chuckle brothers, keeps me young!

Today:

Breakfast - smoothie (banana, mango, pineapple & orange) - special k with semi milk

Lunch - wholemeal boiled egg and salad cream sandwich

Dinner - veggie kiev with jacket potato & salad (mixed lettuce, cucumber, cress, red peppers, grated carrot & onion)

Snacks - 1 slice wholemeal toast with marmalade (midmorning) - slice carrot cake - vanilla alpro soya dessert

Today:

Breakfast - porridge with 1 tsp sugar and i tsp raspberry jam and semi milk

Lunch - 2 wholemeal toast with light spread & tin spagetti

Dinner - sweet & sour chicken with extra veg (peppers, mushrooms,onions) with rice

Snacks - 2 chunks dairy milk - 1 kellogs plus bar - muller rice with caramel

19 points

Not a great day today:

Breakfast - 2 slices toast with jam

Lunch - 1 slice toast with scrambled egg

Dinner - spag bowl with wholewheat spagetti and parmesan

snacks - 2 jaffa cakes - 2 after eights - muller mini rice - eccles cake

Today:

Breakfast - 2 slices toast with marmalade

Lunch - weight watchers chicken casserole

Dinner - med jacket potatoe with chilli con carne

Snacks - cream egg - weight watchers fruit fromage frais

Not even going to weigh myself this week been a bad week, went completly off track, tried weight watchers but as normal i always go over my points (it happens every time) but it had gone bad before that with being ill last week, back to calorie counting for the next week as i did loose a few pounds that way, going to be a struggle easter as i love chocolate and i have a hotel chocolate large egg :( :) i plan not to eat it all at once but have a small piece a day and add it into my calories for day (well thats the plan), going to try 1450 cals aday and see if that works in 2 weeks :D

Today:

Breakfast - 2 slices of toast (oatilicous) with x lite flora and marmalade & a cup of tea (300)

lunch - ham & lite cream cheese spread sandwich (270)

Dinner - mushroom omellete with salad (250)

Snacks - teacake (100) - jaffa cake bar (100) - 3 fruity oatcakes (120) - muller rice mini (100)- 2 cups tea (50)

Total - 1290

may have a something tonight for 100 cals if hungry

Back