Healthy Eating vs Dieting

Hi - can I join?

Hi all, :sign0144:
Just found this forum having browsed WW & SW on Minimins for ages ... I've tried all diets and none seem to work for me. My head just rebels against them all and I end up bingeing. I fail before I even see any results so feel 'healthy eating' may be the way forward for me. I'm trying not to get hung up on the whole thing - simply cut out the obvious, watch my portion sizes and encorporate some exercise. Wed is my weigh-in day so will keep you all up-to-date on my progress.

Today's menu:
30g Porridge
SS Milk
Drizzle of golden syrup

Baxter's Tom & Basil Soup
Shape Yog

Poached salmon
Small Jacket Pot
Salad

Snacks:
Apple, Go Ahead Oat Square, Options Hot Choc

Good luck to everyone .....

OOh Geri,another west midlander-welcome aboad.

If you have read it there is an excellent book called 'overcoming overeating' which looks at the whole diet binge cylce and how to break it. I have read it and followed its ethos since early march. Ok i have actually gained weight in that time but it has reducated my relationship with food so i now feel that i can approach the healthy eating in a better frame of mind.

good luck

Hello mommyB,
We're almost neighbours ... I live in Halesowen!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look on Amazon now to see if I can find it. Sounds just the thing for me ... I've been battling my weight for ever.

:thankyou:

Hello everyone,I've tried most of the diets and the one i only seem to stick to is the old fashioned way of three healthy meals a day and no snacking :( The only problem i have is willpower and trying to come up with inventive meals so all the family can enjoy.After coming across this site on sunday i decided I NEED to loose this weight once and for all.Three days in it's going good,and this website is a godsend.Today i have had 3 slices of wholemeal toast and baked beans.I need to use up some strawberries so i have those for lunch with some crushed pineapple and a muller yoghurt,that should be quite filling.I'm trying to stick to around 1200-1500 cals aday with an hours walking with my dog.Teatime will be ww lasagne and salad.I have some sugar free orange jelly if i need something sweet later,taking this one day at a time.Trying to keep away from the scales as that is my downfall as i get miffed if the scales don't read what i want them to read which can lead me into binge eating thinking what the heck:cry:back tomorrow.

Last edited:
OOh Geri,another west midlander-welcome aboad.

If you have read it there is an excellent book called 'overcoming overeating' which looks at the whole diet binge cylce and how to break it. I have read it and followed its ethos since early march. Ok i have actually gained weight in that time but it has reducated my relationship with food so i now feel that i can approach the healthy eating in a better frame of mind.

good luck
Great post, I too have read the book, and gone on the same journey as Mommyb, so it can be done, removing the pressure.

Hi all, :sign0144:
Just found this forum having browsed WW & SW on Minimins for ages ... I've tried all diets and none seem to work for me. My head just rebels against them all and I end up bingeing. I fail before I even see any results so feel 'healthy eating' may be the way forward for me. I'm trying not to get hung up on the whole thing - simply cut out the obvious, watch my portion sizes and encorporate some exercise. Wed is my weigh-in day so will keep you all up-to-date on my progress.

Today's menu:
30g Porridge
SS Milk
Drizzle of golden syrup

Baxter's Tom & Basil Soup
Shape Yog

Poached salmon
Small Jacket Pot
Salad

Snacks:
Apple, Go Ahead Oat Square, Options Hot Choc

Good luck to everyone .....
Welcome
Your food sounds lovely, Im loving that we are all getting together. xx

Hello everyone,I've tried most of the diets and the one i only seem to stick to is the old fashioned way of three healthy meals a day and no snacking :( The only problem i have is willpower and trying to come up with inventive meals so all the family can enjoy.After coming across this site on sunday i decided I NEED to loose this weight once and for all.Three days in it's going good,and this website is a godsend.Today i have had 3 slices of wholemeal toast and baked beans.I need to use up some strawberries so i have those for lunch with some crushed pineapple and a muller yoghurt,that should be quite filling.I'm trying to stick to around 1200-1500 cals aday with an hours walking with my dog.Teatime will be ww lasagne and salad.I have some sugar free orange jelly if i need something sweet later,taking this one day at a time.Trying to keep away from the scales as that is my downfall as i get miffed if the scales read what i want them to read which can lead me into binge eating thinking what the heck:cry:back tomorrow.
Hi S,
Welcome to the forum,
your food sounds great, and your exercising is great. Im the same as you with the scales, exactly, if they arent what I want, I get upset, and tempted to say feck it, and if they are down I think its licence to have extras. Grr.

Anyway, welcome to all you newbies.
xx

Hello Julie,
Sounds as though we've all come to this forum for the same reason .....

Stick with it ... post as much as you can for support and we'll all get there.

:welcome2:

Hi Geri and Slimmer (is Julie your name?)

This is a great time to start healthy eating as it is SO easy this time of year - wonderful things like strawberries and other fruit are much more refreshing as a snack than the winter comfort food. Even chocolate is slightly less appealing in hot weather (unless it is choccie covered ice cream that is) so being good is less of a drag x

Hello Gemstone,yes Julie is my name i had a glittery 'Julie' on my signiture together with two tickerfactorys.Changed one of my tickers and would'nt let me have all of them again,strange.Yes i did eat the pineapple yoghurt and had some jelly.I did wash the strawberries but did'nt fancy them.When i came home from taking the dog out i was thirsty so i had them then they where so refreshing.British strawberries are the best,more taste to them.Well that's day 3 over with,till tomorrow.

Hi Geri and Slimmer. :)

Love getting ideas from peoples menu plans each day. They sound scrummy.

Also interesting to hear the conclusions others are coming to on their weight loss journey. Not surprisingly many of us are heading on the same path seeing as we're all gathering in this healthy eating thread.

I must say that I've found useful bits from each diet I've done in the past, even if I didn't agree with the total principle of the method, and am finding those 'bits' interesting to incorporate into healthy eating....i.e. I'd no idea how little protein we really needed until I did WW years ago. :eek:
I'd never have tried fresh pineapple if it wasn't for the Beverly Hills diet years ago, or for that matter discovered how little I needed to eat to be satisfied until I did the Freedom Eating diet (the one that set me on the right track incidentally).

Anyways, babbling aside..

Meals for today:

2 x weetabix
Egg salad open sandwich
Sausage plait with b beans
Usual snacks of fruit

BTW - thanks for the 'JP' clarification Clarri, my brain is obviously still on holiday. Duh!

Hello crumble, mmm apple crumble no stop it!!!Just managed to get 40mins walk in before it started to rain.Then i have just had 3 slices of med brown bread filled with ham reduced fat cheese (small amount)and plum tomatoes.I really should have my meals planned,will get properly organised soon.Crumble i have been getting del monte tinned crushed pineapple in it's own juice.It's only 68p in asda and you don't get all the waste like you do when you buy a fresh pineapple.Will be back later to update the menu **Lunch i had 2 hard boiled eggs, pears and peaches in its own juice,orange sugar free jelly and an apricot muller yoghurt.Teatime i shall have tuna fish salad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lovely welcome .... this is such a friendly and supportive forum! :)

Since I decided to embark on my healthy eating plan I'm so much more relaxed about the whole thing ... strange eh?! I know I can do it .... I've had 2 large weightlosses in the past and I've acheived that on my own eating sensibly. This time though .... I do not want to put it back on ... :nono:

Today's menu:

2 x wholemeal toast

Baxters Brown Lentil & Veg soup
Shape Yoghurt

Homemade Spag Bol (smaller portion than I would normally have)

Snacks: Go Ahead Oat Square, Apple

Treat: Glass Rose Wine

G'day folks. dont come on for a day and we have loads of newbies-great stuff,welcome one and all

Was thinking that now there are a few of us is it maybe time to have our own individual food diaries-if everyone agrees i will ask admin for a new section. No rush !!!

Today i have had

B-egg,bacon,mushrooms, 1 slice wholemeal toast with clover.
s-slice wholemeal bread with clover
L-small white roll, ww spicey bean soup. Frozen mixed summer fruits with elmlea lite.
D-not sure yet but i have declined the offer of a takeaway !!!!!

Great idea ..... I'd be up for that :)

Hi everyone

I'm having comfort food tonight - fishfingers, spicy wedges and peas - it's still ok though x

Hi there

I haven't said before but when I came back from hols last weekend I set myself a short term goal of 7lb in 3 weeks to bring weightloss to the numbers on the tickers - that's 3lb gone and if I can do 2lb next week and the week after I'll be there ;)

I'm hoping I'm somewhere near back on track - I'm certainly feeling better for it x :)

Yay Gem!!

And Mommyb, great idea to the diaries, or this one is going to get totally out of hand!! lol.
Welcome to the new peeps. We can really get this little section going, and Im delighted. Its well needed.

Im heading on hols tomorrow, so will be gone for a week. Im going to Portugal, so hoping for lots of fresh salads, fruit, and fish, all my faves. Not sure about the alcohol though!! :rolleyes:;)

Yesterday I had -
B - banana and fudge scone :rolleyes: (to die for!)
L - blackened chicken panini with wedges
D - 2 salmon fishcakes, baked pot and salad.

Today will be hit and miss as the fridge is nearly empty. Crumpets for brekkie though!!

If I dont make it back, see you all next week. Have a good one!
xx

hi all
happy Friday!
I have read that book too, its really good. It was like reading about my life!!
-2 this week, very happy. Although today i have gone a bit mad as hungover, but have had a fruit salad for brekkie and chose a salad for lunch (so perhaps we can ignore the crossiant that slipped past my lips!!) gym tonight too, and not coz i have to - but choose to!
have great weekends

and - id defo be up for a food diary section!
N x

Back