Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Yummy I like those.I make my fake pasta with low fat mozzarella, Mediterranean veg, chicken and quron bacon. Was lush and filling. Ready for tomorrow now and looking forward to next Tuesday so I finally have a few answers.

Oooohhh sounds lush :) x
I hope you get some answers ..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I haven't weighed myself or done measurements but my hub agrees that I have put weight on round my middle and in my face :-(
I don't know what else to do ... If I go back to 1200 that's apparently not enough but if I eat 1500 I pile on the weight :-(
I don't know what to do ... I'm at a very low loss :-(

I haven't weighed myself or done measurements but my hub agrees that I have put weight on round my middle and in my face :-(
I don't know what else to do ... If I go back to 1200 that's apparently not enough but if I eat 1500 I pile on the weight :-(

How long have you been eating 1500 instead of 1200. If its only a week or so its probably just bloating and you're body panicking and holding onto fat.
Its like when you have a big big meal/night out the scales can show a 4lb gain. There is no way that you've eaten 14000 extra calories but you're body is just holding on to it.
It normally drops off pretty quick.

If you're eating less than your TDEE you will lose weight..albeit not as wuickly but the fat will come off instead of muscle. There's no way you're TDEE is less then 1500, therefore you're at a deficit.

Been doing 1500 for the past week ..

I'm scared to do it longer ..

I do see what you're saying about tdee .!!
Xx

I so feel you there ive out inches on I am getting so pissed about dieting I had a full day off and enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'm going to jog/walk to burn it off and have the gym on Tuesday. I just need to burn off the excess and I know I've put on an inch here and there but hell I give up. I'm just going to try and keep.going.

The guys on fst2fit radio say that it's likely you wull put weight in in the first couple of weeks but that if you stick it out it will boost your metabolism and start to drop off again.

The guys on fst2fit radio say that it's likely you wull put weight in in the first couple of weeks but that if you stick it out it will boost your metabolism and start to drop off again.

Really ..???? Coz I'm feeling very despondent ...!!
I'm sorry .. I'm sounding depressive and moany :-(

What's the fat2fit radio programme called that they discuss about that .????

Hun, on my 'lazy days' I still burn around 2500 cals from doing practically no housework and a little bit of cooking. If you're on 1500 that means you're on a deficit on 1000 cals a day which means a 2lb loss each week. Any exercise is going to boost that. Yes, you can put on during the first week or two as your body is suddenly being fed again...before it was in starvation mode and now it's clinging on to every nutrient it can get. Once it realises it's not going to have it's food taken away again, you'll start dropping the weight.
Simple body science means that you should be able to eat up to 2500 (AT LEAST) and still maintain.

I'm sure my thyroid doesn't help ... I'm medicated and bloods now normal but I suspect that it still has a detrimental effect on my metabolism ..!!!!

My doctor checks me for an under active thyroid every now and again as I show symptoms but nothing in the blood. But that's not unusual for me. Anyway he says trying to lose weight with an under active thyroid is like trying to climb a mountain after a very heavy rai fall- one step forward, three back

Ill try and find the podcast. They did so many. It was what scared me at first but I was lucky I didn't gain

Ok without listening to it again it may have been #139 breaking those weight loss plateaus

Ok without listening to it again it may have been #139 breaking those weight loss plateaus

Thanks honey x

My GP says if I'm medicated everything goes back to normal ..!!!
My husband is also a GP and he agrees that it has a detrimental effect despite medication and bloods now "normal"..!!!!

My TDEE is 1864 ... That's with light exercise ..!!

I have reduced my cals from 1500 to 1350 which is my TDEE minus 500 .. Which is only 100 cals less than I was doing x

My TDEE is 1864 ... That's with light exercise ..!!

I have reduced my cals from 1500 to 1350 which is my TDEE minus 500 .. Which is only 100 cals less than I was doing x

I think you have done the right thing for you ... see how it goes for a couple of weeks ... you can always readjust again in January :)

I haven't lost anything for weeks! Just can't seem to find my happy cals! However, I can't say I've been consistent - pesky Christmas do's keep getting in the way :rolleyes:

I think you have done the right thing for you ... see how it goes for a couple of weeks ... you can always readjust again in January :)

I haven't lost anything for weeks! Just can't seem to find my happy cals! However, I can't say I've been consistent - pesky Christmas do's keep getting in the way :rolleyes:

In thinking ill just eat sensible and exercise as this time of the year is a pain

It might be worth investing in a bodymedia band. It tells you the exact amount of calories you've burnt for the day and is great for calculating how much you can eat. <3

It might be worth investing in a bodymedia band. It tells you the exact amount of calories you've burnt for the day and is great for calculating how much you can eat. <3

I have a fitbit and a hrm for exercise. They help but I think I'm obsessing to much. Dr tomorrow maybe some light will be shed on my issues and what route to take.

Back