Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Linski - I know you are struggling to find your 'happy' calories - have you considered the theory of Eating For The Person You Want to Be?

I read about it on Fit2Fat Radio under the BMR calculator. It will obviously mean taking the scenic route but I like the principle!

I've looked back in my diary and when I hit my lowest weight of 10.10 in May I was eating in the region of 1600 calories which has shocked me in a way - I thought I was eating less than that. Having an honest record of what I have eaten on Minimins and MFP has really helped me to assess my weight loss history.

Give it a go ... it will be interesting to see how many cals they reckon you could eat and still lose weight :)

Hi
I will have a look at that .!!
I really need to only lose a stone but half a stone will good ..!! But how hard is that !!!!! ?????

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi
I will have a look at that .!!
I really need to only lose a stone but half a stone will good ..!! But how hard is that !!!!! ?????

Ok iv had a read ... I'm liking the principle alot :)
I cAn eat up to 1824 cals ..! I'm doing about 1400 ..!! X I exercise 3 times a week which amounts to cal loss of 1000 per week ..!!
I'm on nights next week .. I have to be so strong and not eat the crisps and sweets that the others bring .! Really hard not to when you're tired and its busy and at your lowest ebb ..!!
Xxx

Very interesting. Now I just need numbers because god knows I'm not sure how much to eat. I know I need to eat more and its a struggle to eat. I guess I just need to eat more high calorie foods but gosh its hard after so long of telling myself its naughty. I think I really need one on one help with this. Not really sure where to go to find it as my Dr wasn't really helpful other then this group and they will probably tell me I'm eating to much. Who do I go for help. Suggestions?

Very interesting. Now I just need numbers because god knows I'm not sure how much to eat. I know I need to eat more and its a struggle to eat. I guess I just need to eat more high calorie foods but gosh its hard after so long of telling myself its naughty. I think I really need one on one help with this. Not really sure where to go to find it as my Dr wasn't really helpful other then this group and they will probably tell me I'm eating to much. Who do I go for help. Suggestions?

Try healthier higher cal foods.

Use olive oil in food/frying.
Use full fat butter / milk /cheese
Snack on nuts.

You already eat a decent amount but try not to eat the 'diet' or low cal foods. Eat cleaner without additives. Its higher cal but you have the calories to spare.

Try healthier higher cal foods.

Use olive oil in food/frying.
Use full fat butter / milk /cheese
Snack on nuts.

You already eat a decent amount but try not to eat the 'diet' or low cal foods. Eat cleaner without additives. Its higher cal but you have the calories to spare.

Ok I'll give it a go. It's really.a scary road to go on. Should I ditch sweetener and 1% milk too?

Ok I'll give it a go. It's really.a scary road to go on. Should I ditch sweetener and 1% milk too?

To be honest i prefer semi skimmed rather than full fat so i wouldn't up that personally.
I try to avoid sweetener tho, i use honey, agave nectar or sugar. I don't drink it in tea or coffee tho so its not much. Mainly if i fancy sweet porridge or in greek yoghurt so normally use honey.

Fat2fit also have a podcast about whether you should eat your exercise calories or not.

As for sugar you could always try the one that is on a green and white box.( the name escapes me at the minute but it is 2.45am ) :( it sugar and a natural alternative like agave. It's very good but much better for you than sweetner which is lethal. It should be banned.

To some extent I don't think we should get hung up on numbers. Eat healthy, eat correct portions and it will all balance out

Fat2fit also have a podcast about whether you should eat your exercise calories or not.

As for sugar you could always try the one that is on a green and white box.( the name escapes me at the minute but it is 2.45am ) :( it sugar and a natural alternative like agave. It's very good but much better for you than sweetner which is lethal. It should be banned.

To some extent I don't think we should get hung up on numbers. Eat healthy, eat correct portions and it will all balance out

I just got the app last night ill have a look today. I'll try and get out sweeter but its been ingrained in my life the last year.

I'm wondring if it would be worth me stopping dieting all together. I'm struggling so much. I know at Christmas it won't be to hard. But.the days leading up and after will.be hard. I'm not using a scale anymore which will help. I just am so unsure in myself. I still think I need one on one help but am not sure where to get it.

I have two sweetners in tea ... And drunk a lot of tea ... Iv tried not to have it sweet but I ain't stand it without ..!!!!! I tried stevia but that is horrid ...!!! Horrid after taste ... Dunno if I got a duff lot ..!! If I use sugar the cals will be bumped up ..!!
Why is sweetner so lethal ..???

I have two sweetners in tea ... And drunk a lot of tea ... Iv tried not to have it sweet but I ain't stand it without ..!!!!! I tried stevia but that is horrid ...!!! Horrid after taste ... Dunno if I got a duff lot ..!! If I use sugar the cals will be bumped up ..!!
Why is sweetner so lethal ..???

I just tried a stevia and Brown sugar blend its not bad its 7cal a tea spoon.

I think its because its just chemicals.

I just tried a stevia and Brown sugar blend its not bad its 7cal a tea spoon.

I think its because its just chemicals.

I have something called sweet freedom .. Which us nice ... Never had it in tea tho as it looks like honey which is odd to put in tea ... That's 4 cans per teaspoon ... I put it in yoghurt etc ..!!
The stevia I tried I actually bought in France ..! And it was tablet form .!
Wish I liked tea that wasnt sweet .!
X

I have something called sweet freedom .. Which us nice ... Never had it in tea tho as it looks like honey which is odd to put in tea ... That's 4 cans per teaspoon ... I put it in yoghurt etc ..!!
The stevia I tried I actually bought in France ..! And it was tablet form .!
Wish I liked tea that wasnt sweet .!
X

I wish I didn't like coffee with milk and sugar. I only really drink squash other then coffee. Water here just tastes horrible and I just can't stomach it without adding flavor to it. Today in a very low day I think.

Vid on metabolic damage:

[video=youtube;QHHzie6XRGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk&list=LLmFrLDF0c-mhlKDPompF4mA&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

Bought more stevia ... Put one In my tea ... Bloody yuk ..!! Threw tea away and made new one with Splenda :-(

Off for coffee with a friend ... I will resist the mince pies .......

Back