Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Hi girls, I'm after reading your post and it seems so interesting.. however I find it so hard to believe this would work! I find it hard to believe it would work because I've been eating 1400 calories with weight watchers on a daily basis which is lower than my BMR. My own BMR is about 1550 and my TDEE is 2132, so it says I should be eating 1700 per day to be losing weight.. It's an extra 300calories per day.. Hence why I find it hard to believe but maybe my own body has gone into starvation mode...??!! I just dont know! i'm confused! and I wish i could lose my last stone to finally fit into that size 10 trousers!!
Thanks for your help girls.

Last edited:
Hi girls, I'm after reading your post and it seems so interesting.. however I find it so hard to believe this would work! I find it it would work because I've been eating 1400 calories with weight watchers on a daily basis which is lower than my BMR. My own BMR is about 1550 and my TDEE is 2132, so it says I should be eating 1700 per day to be losing weight.. It's an extra 300calories per day.. Hence why I find it hard to believe but maybe my own body has gone into starvation mode...??!! I just dont know! i'm confused! and I wish i could lose my last stone to finally fit into that size 10 trousers!!

I so feel you hun. It's all so confusing

Hi girls, I'm after reading your post and it seems so interesting.. however I find it so hard to believe this would work! I find it hard to believe it would work because I've been eating 1400 calories with weight watchers on a daily basis which is lower than my BMR. My own BMR is about 1550 and my TDEE is 2132, so it says I should be eating 1700 per day to be losing weight.. It's an extra 300calories per day.. Hence why I find it hard to believe but maybe my own body has gone into starvation mode...??!! I just dont know! i'm confused! and I wish i could lose my last stone to finally fit into that size 10 trousers!!

It is confusing and scary ..!!! Has your weight plateau'd ..???
I'm in size 12 and want to be in a size 10 too x
People on here do seem to have lost weight going this tho ... I have nothing to report yet lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

All peeps who were on low cal diet

I have watched him .. I find him hard to follow .. Blimey .. With all the ums and aahs .!!!
What he says is interesting but he does say that all this is not scientifically backed up ..!!
The exercise he talks about I think rather than changing what I do I will stick to what I do .. Which is three sessions a week of different activities rather than changing the way I do exercise eg: I will run once a week steady for 30-50 mins and my class once a week which is mixed up every time I go ... And do a different Julian michaels DVD every week .. So I am doing different stuff every time ..!!! My body doesn't know whets coming lol x

I have watched him .. I find him hard to follow .. Blimey .. With all the ums and aahs .!!!
What he says is interesting but he does say that all this is not scientifically backed up ..!!
The exercise he talks about I think rather than changing what I do I will stick to what I do .. Which is three sessions a week of different activities rather than changing the way I do exercise eg: I will run once a week steady for 30-50 mins and my class once a week which is mixed up every time I go ... And do a different Julian michaels DVD every week .. So I am doing different stuff every time ..!!! My body doesn't know whets coming lol x

My hub was really getting annoyed with the video because of how he talks. I dunno if I'll follow all that he's saying but ill keep to a highee limit until I see a Dr or a qualified nutritionist.

Remember to take what he's saying with a pinch of salt because he generally works with models and bodybuilders!

I messaged him and he told me what I was doing was fine.

At the end of the day, I wear my bodymedia and try to stick to 1000 cals below that which generally turns out to be 1500-1700 cals. That's a 2lb loss a week and I'm pretty sure if I lowered it, my weight loss might go up for a bit but I would not be as happy and I'm sure my body would not be happy!

This whole low calories thing has got too low. A women needs average 2500 cals ish to maintain as a decent weight...any less and you're going to lose. Don't over think it, just accept that as a fact and enjoy the extra food! If you really are worried, pm helloitsdan on mfp and speak to him. He's not qualified as of yet but he's been doing this for ages and has helped hundreds of people! He posts success stories loads and on the forum there's one girl who put up what eating 2000 cals did to her (she lost weight and looks awesome)

Remember to take what he's saying with a pinch of salt because he generally works with models and bodybuilders!

I messaged him and he told me what I was doing was fine.

At the end of the day, I wear my bodymedia and try to stick to 1000 cals below that which generally turns out to be 1500-1700 cals. That's a 2lb loss a week and I'm pretty sure if I lowered it, my weight loss might go up for a bit but I would not be as happy and I'm sure my body would not be happy!

This whole low calories thing has got too low. A women needs average 2500 cals ish to maintain as a decent weight...any less and you're going to lose. Don't over think it, just accept that as a fact and enjoy the extra food! If you really are worried, pm helloitsdan on mfp and speak to him. He's not qualified as of yet but he's been doing this for ages and has helped hundreds of people! He posts success stories loads and on the forum there's one girl who put up what eating 2000 cals did to her (she lost weight and looks awesome)

Really ..?????
Did you add this bloke onto MFP ..? How do you get onto forums..?? I do this in my iPhone ... Do you have up go onto Pc/laptop to ho onto forums ... How can you find his stuff once I have figured out how to get to the forums ..??
Xxxxx

I googled him which took me to a thread .. Fantastic reading ..!!

You lady's can mail helloitsdan or heybales anytime. If you want to be friends you need to write them why. Just a friend request will not be accepted. Even if you not friends with them you still can mail them anytime and they are happy to answer and help.

You lady's can mail helloitsdan or heybales anytime. If you want to be friends you need to write them why. Just a friend request will not be accepted. Even if you not friends with them you still can mail them anytime and they are happy to answer and help.

I sent hellodan a message this morning hopefully he can help if not that's ok to.

Really ..?????
Did you add this bloke onto MFP ..? How do you get onto forums..?? I do this in my iPhone ... Do you have up go onto Pc/laptop to ho onto forums ... How can you find his stuff once I have figured out how to get to the forums ..??
Xxxxx

The MFP forums can be accessed via PC/laptop - they are something else lol! So much conflicting advice ... but Dan is great :)

I've read 20 pages in a forum about tdee etc ... Its baffling ..!! Interesting ..!! Abd hope that it's not a load of bunkum..!!!!

Everyone their own opinion. I prefer to eat, as i do not binge anymore cause of eating more kcals. I found the balance. And it does me, my mind and body good. And inches coming if and also slowly the pounds.

i don't care if it happens fast i just would like it to happen one way or another, I talked to helloitsdan today he suggested i got for 1600 cal and not eat back anything. He didn't say anything about why I'm gaining but he said he was really busy so i didn't want to bug him. I am hoping by new year i have a couple inches off on my body I did my new gym plan today and man it worked me and my muscles hard! My triceps wanted to cry at one point. I have an appointment with a personal trainer Tuesday maybe she can help too.

Everyone their own opinion. I prefer to eat, as i do not binge anymore cause of eating more kcals. I found the balance. And it does me, my mind and body good. And inches coming if and also slowly the pounds.

Must admit I haven't snacked all week ..!! Until today anyway ..!! Had a couple of vodkas tho :-(
But iv not been hungry .!

Back