Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Sounds too much ... I'm terrified ....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me too. I was kinda happy when he told me 1600 because I knew I could do that. Though some days an extra 300 wouldn't go amiss. You could always just keep a pack of nuts and dried fruit for you to have throughout the day. I think the fact your on night's next week.will help just plan your days and bring snacks you can do it hunny

Me too. I was kinda happy when he told me 1600 because I knew I could do that. Though some days an extra 300 wouldn't go amiss. You could always just keep a pack of nuts and dried fruit for you to have throughout the day. I think the fact your on night's next week.will help just plan your days and bring snacks you can do it hunny

Oh hunni I hope so ..!!!
Glad you had a nice day :)
Iv had mum over and had lasagne and salad and I made a bread and butter pudding for pudd which we had with cream :) yummy xxxx

Hi ... Does anyone know if I exercise do I eat SOME exercise cals back to bring my net cals up to BMR level again ..??? I have mailed Helloitsdan and asked him x I'm just a but confuddled :)
I have asked this as a new thread of mine :)

Saw the dr today and she really didn't help but try and refer me to a weight loss group done by the NHS ran by dietitians and such (as a group they can get more people done lol). I have a blood test to check my thyroid just in case. After wards I went to the gym and got sorted for a new routine and such lots a good tummy and arm exercises now whoo hooo. Then my MIL popped by to pick up my son and told me the most sensible thing I have heard about my weight gains. She said I am gaining because I practically starved my body for 7 months and now its holding everything it can get just in case I starve it again. Hopefully this wont last long I really would like to start STS or losing a bit. She said it could take 6 months for my body to regulate its self properly again. I know she isn't the most knowledgeable on these things but it makes the most sense other then my dr who said 'I was afraid this would happen'. So I am going to try what you gals are saying and keep to about 1600ish cals thanks for all the support hopefully i will have more answers soon!

Hi, I feel your pain....I decided to up my cals to maintenance level plus exercise (around 2300) 6 weeks ago......I've put on a bucket load of weight :-( but I just couldn't go on like I was. This last few weeks has been so difficult but in new year I'm cutting my cals by 15% (around 1950) and see where that takes me...... 4 years ago I lost 45lbs on CD......I've now gained it all back despite my best efforts (I've been on a continuous low cal diet ever since). So good for weeks on end and then I have a night or 2 off and gain 3lbs overnight which used to fade away but NOT anymore. So here I am.....not going back to VLCD ever again (had I just done it the once I don't think I'd have a problem now but I raced back to it every few months when every other diet failed)

Hi, I feel your pain....I decided to up my cals to maintenance level plus exercise (around 2300) 6 weeks ago......I've put on a bucket load of weight :-( but I just couldn't go on like I was. This last few weeks has been so difficult but in new year I'm cutting my cals by 15% (around 1950) and see where that takes me...... 4 years ago I lost 45lbs on CD......I've now gained it all back despite my best efforts (I've been on a continuous low cal diet ever since). So good for weeks on end and then I have a night or 2 off and gain 3lbs overnight which used to fade away but NOT anymore. So here I am.....not going back to VLCD ever again (had I just done it the once I don't think I'd have a problem now but I raced back to it every few months when every other diet failed)

So you tried this higher cal ..?? Lower than tdee and higher than BMR ..?? And you gained a shed load ..?????
Oh bugger ....... :-(

Ok ladies Dan has replied ... If you're sedentary then eat back to BMR if you're anything else than eat the same number every day ..!! So even when I exercise I shall eat my set calories ..!!!
Right that's it ... I might try upping to 1600 ... Scary after what you said about gaining a shed load ... But eating lower is doing a big fat nothing ..!!!!

So you tried this higher cal ..?? Lower than tdee and higher than BMR ..?? And you gained a shed load ..?????
Oh bugger ....... :-(

No Linski, I have been eating my TDEE which is about 2300 (that's with my exercise cals already figured in) . I've gained loads of weight as I was eating anything from 800-1400 cals day to day and never eating my exercise cals back. I just went in at the deep end.....trying to reset my metabolism by raising the amount of food I eat. Plan to do this for around 8 weeks (don't know if its long enough or if it'll work but we'll see)

Going to lower it after Xmas but won't eat below BMR and will always make sure it more if exercise brings me below it.

Last edited:
I must be the only one that eats without bothering about how many calories I should/shouldn't eat.
I eat the foods I am allowed on the plan I am following.I don't weigh anything just put the amount I want on my plate and eat it up.:)
I can sit down all day or do a 3 mile walk or a 10 mile walk a day and still I don't think about eating back what I have just walked off.

This thread has made me realised how much I do really enjoy eating the way I do.Wish I found this way years ago:)

2012 has really been my 'dieting' year.:)
Here's to 2013 and no more having to find what works for me as I have already found it.:)

Ill find my way one day :)

Rubbish lol its that time of the year to many yummy foods to enjoy even in moderation they add up quick.

I went to this personal trainer at the gym and she basically did the same stuff I used to do on ea sports active on the wii. But she charges 30pounds an hour.

But what she had me doing was pretty different from what I do atm which is a lot of weight lifting so now I'm not sure if I'm doing the right type if exercise.

Haven't lost any weight haven't lost any inches ...

But I cheat a bit and have only been doing higher cals for week or two ..!!!
Been careful not go over tdee but have bee. Higher than 1500 in occasions ..!!
Altho face seems a little thinner ...!

referring back to my post about my exercise program at the gym dose this look right to you guys?

5min warm up on bike.
10min on a cross trainer doing high and low intervals.
12min on treadmill doing 3min 5.5km/h 3% incline, 2min 8 5% , 2min 5.5 6%, 3min 8 .5%, 1min 7 2%, and 1min 5 0%.
leg addictions and abductions,
leg presses,
chest press,
vertical traction pull,
shoulder press,
high pulley push down,
low pulley arm curl,
dumbell tricep kick back,
chrunches,
back extensions,
leg lefts. that's one session about 80min in total.

then I have a second routine- which i havnt used yet and wonder if i should bother as its mainly cardio
arm bike 5 min
rower 1000m
treadmill 2min 5.5km/h 1%, 2min 5.5 6%, 3min 8 .5%, 2min 5.5 6%, 4min 8 .5%, 1min 7 0%, 1min 5 0%
wave excite 10min
cross trainer 10min
45' standing fly
high pulley reverse grip pull
cable jungle close grip push down
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]leg lifts[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]if any of this items don't make sense let me know. I just want to know if i'm doing the right stuff to lose fat. [/FONT]

Weight lifting... I love it... I can eat up really up!...weight stays for now the same but inches coming off. Just love it! Keep going it Will pay off with the weights!!!

I stopped counting cals this week. Tried not to binge but had what I wanted more or less and I gained 5.5lbs!? I know it's mostly water and stuff because there's no way I ate 20000 cals or so excess lol but yeah...knocked me :(

So do mainly weight lifting? I always feel like I'm not working very hard when I do

You always want to feel like you've worked out hard. Find a weight you can lift once and then half that weight. You be be able to do 6-8 reps.

Back