Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

It doesn't need to be that sweaty... If u go little higher in weights and do 3x8 or 5x5 the last rep should be difficult to do, then u on the right weight. Also when goes easier after a week or 2. Increase the weight again.
So u on the best way to build muscle.

No...if the weights are 80% from your maximum you could do, your last set should be very difficult to finish. So u won't be able to do much more. 1-5 reps endurance...5-8 hypertropy and 8-12 strength. 5-8 are good to build muscle. 8-12 are good to tone.

Example: biceps curl i do it with 8kg dumbell at the moment. First set is ok. Then i take a break 60-120min. Second set is harder. Break again.The third set i barely get to number 6 and i try to push for 8. My arms are shaking. That called failure. And that is what has my muscles working and building. This y its important to take rest days.

Also the cardio u do. Is called Hiit and its very good to melt fat. Its more effective doing that for 30min then running 1h slow pace.

No...if the weights are 80% from your maximum you could do, your last set should be very difficult to finish. So u won't be able to do much more. 1-5 reps endurance...5-8 hypertropy and 8-12 strength. 5-8 are good to build muscle. 8-12 are good to tone.

Example: biceps curl i do it with 8kg dumbell at the moment. First set is ok. Then i take a break 60-120min. Second set is harder. Break again.The third set i barely get to number 6 and i try to push for 8. My arms are shaking. That called failure. And that is what has my muscles working and building. This y its important to take rest days.

Also the cardio u do. Is called Hiit and its very good to melt fat. Its more effective doing that for 30min then running 1h slow pace.

Is Jillian michaels HIT..????
I think she is as she does short bursts of high intensity stuff fit half hour ish ..!! She is a killer x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok ill change up the weights though I can't take to long if a break I'd only beable to wait a minute as its a gym

So cardio ill keep the way it is.I prefer short and hard then long and easy. I'm concerned about my weights I'm now worried that I'm not doing enough in a min ill take a photo of my work out plan so you can kinda guide me

Strength training appears to be the way to go! Muscle burns more calories than fat so i suppose it makes sense.....and my body us pure jellied fat :-(. I bought a book called New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Started it this week. There's set program's on it to follow 3 times a week over 6 months.....definite advice is to up the weights you use and don't stay at same weight.....It says on front of book 'Lift like a man....look like a goddess!!! Lol! Here's hoping!!!! :) All I know my legs were like jelly for 3 days after the first 2 workouts and I could hardly move......

I was doing 3-4 spin classes per week during the year and lost no weight at all (struggled to maintain my weight as it was despite having a definite calorie deficit) so something wasn't adding up

Here's my detailed plan. They are numbered to how I should do it.

ForumRunner_20121220_123845.png

ForumRunner_20121220_123912.png

ForumRunner_20121220_123926.png

ForumRunner_20121220_123941.png

Some if I feel its to easy I up it. Dose this look right or do I need to change it up.

Could you do a favour? Could you ask the Person who give you this plan, why 20reps? I am courious. I prefer free weights, no machines at all, as you can push harder and have better results. But what you do ist a good start! (dont mean to confuse you now with the free weights!) Also look at the guys what they do with the free weights at the gym! Watch and learn! And when you feel confident enough...even ask them! Maybe they Show you one or two things... if the first one say...go a way...try with the next one. Heavy weights, are not just for man! I can send you a few links to get you an idea.

I'm gonna throw the old 1200 calorie rule of thimb out the window & try eating 20% below my TDEE, which for me is 1900 calories.. seems scary & I can't help but question 'how could I possibly lose weight on so many cals?' ... But in the past I've yoyo dieted and done many VLCD's, and always gained the weight back plus more, so I'm done with all that nonsense.

I'm at my highest ever weight of 217lbs, so may as well do this properly and if the weight comes off a bit slower but STAYS OFF then that's fine by me!

Laurenmay.... Welcome ;-) it takes a bit for your body to adjust! But do not give up! After vlcd and low cal your body will hold one with what he get to the beginning! But it will be worth it at the end!!

Laurenmay.... Welcome ;-) it takes a bit for your body to adjust! But do not give up! After vlcd and low cal your body will hold one with what he get to the beginning! But it will be worth it at the end!!

I can second this. I have had a hard time after a vlcd. I've put on 10+ pounds and can't seem to get it off. I'm hoping new year I will be able to lose at least what I've put on. Good luck and welcome

I'm sure if I've been eating utter rubbish for the past 12 months & averaging at least 4000 calories a day, that when I start eating the 1900 daily which is my TDEE -20% that I should lose weight at a fairly steady pace shouldn't I? That's why I've gained 6 stone in 12 months because I'd always done VLCD's and low calories so when I gave up because I couldn't sustain it I ended up gaining really fast!

I'm starting on the 27th, just wanna get the next few days of Christmas festivities out the way first.. I'll be sure to take measurements Thursday morning! x

I've just read the my fitness pal forum thread titled 'in place of a road map 2.0' thoroughly, and I'm not sure whether to eat 20% below my TDEE or 30%? It says 30% is only if you're morbidly obese, which I am at the moment.. so any ideas?

You save with 30% after some weight loss u can go to 20% and when near goal minus 100-300kcal of your tdee. Hope it help :)

Back