Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

I've just read the my fitness pal forum thread titled 'in place of a road map 2.0' thoroughly, and I'm not sure whether to eat 20% below my TDEE or 30%? It says 30% is only if you're morbidly obese, which I am at the moment.. so any ideas?

I have only half to one stone to lose and I am doing 20% ..! If that's any help x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok lady's i am out...back on Friday!!

Enjoy Christmas! Have good one! Don't think to much of the kcal...
Not the days between Christmas and new year make u gain..
. The days between and new year and Christmas you need to watch ;-)

Happy Christmas everyone!!!! Xxx

Ok lady's i am out...back on Friday!!

Enjoy Christmas! Have good one! Don't think to much of the kcal...

Happy Christmas everyone!!!! Xxx

Merry christmas :)

This is so true! Love it!

Happy Christmas, have a lovely break. Xxx

I have only half to one stone to lose and I am doing 20% ..! If that's any help x

I have 6 stone to lose so I'm gonna 30% for a little while and see how I get on :) it does say in the thread though that for anyone doing 30%, if they stall then they'll need to eat full TDEE for a few days before going to 20%.. but we'll see, maybe I've for so much to lose that I won't stall for a while anyway x

You save with 30% after some weight loss u can go to 20% and when near goal minus 100-300kcal of your tdee. Hope it help :)

Should I be going with 100-300 cals less then ??? seeing as I want to be only half stone lighter ..?

So glad I'm not alone with this......I've been eating at TDEE for about 8 weeks now after being a serial yo yo and VLCDer.....I've gained so much weight during this time and am totally miserable but am determined to see it through as the alternative is to live on 1200 cals for the rest of my life to just MAINTAIN my weight :'-(

I'm starting 2nd January at 20% cut with weight training 3 x weekly and some cardio (spin)

Have no idea what I weigh as am too scared to stand on scales but I'm sure I'm about 210lbs (3 years ago I was 45lbs lighter)

I'll be reading all your posts and hope it works for you all x

So glad I'm not alone with this......I've been eating at TDEE for about 8 weeks now after being a serial yo yo and VLCDer.....I've gained so much weight during this time and am totally miserable but am determined to see it through as the alternative is to live on 1200 cals for the rest of my life to just MAINTAIN my weight :'-(

I'm starting 2nd January at 20% cut with weight training 3 x weekly and some cardio (spin)

Have no idea what I weigh as am too scared to stand on scales but I'm sure I'm about 210lbs (3 years ago I was 45lbs lighter)

I'll be reading all your posts and hope it works for you all x

Presumably you went from vlcd to tdee..??? So you will gain ..?? I don't know how many cals you were eating on vlcd ..??!!
I was eating at 1200 ... And have gradually upped my cals to 1500.. Not that I'm sticking to that :-( but I'm not going over tdee ..!! So I'm maintaining x
I get scared when you say you're putting so much on ... But if you were having a vlcd which is unnatural then it isn't sounding too bad ..???
An I right ..???

No, I hadn't been on VLCD for a couple of months......I think I went from VLCD (probably my 12th time on it :-( ) in July to WeightWatchers, then when that didn't work after several weeks I went Paleo/Primal and when THAT didn't work after several more weeks I started doing JUDD (eating 2000 cals one day then next day 500) ....and that didnt work so I give up and did some research on eating more to lose weight.......so as u can see desperation set in......by the way I had also been on SW and WW with 3-4 spin classes a week for the first 6 months of the year with no weight loss there.

I'm never going back to vlcd.....it's great if u do it once or twice and eat normally in between but 12 times in 4 years followed by chronic low calorie wasn't perhaps the most sensible way to go about things.......i need to learn PATIENCE.....:)

No, I hadn't been on VLCD for a couple of months......I think I went from VLCD (probably my 12th time on it :-( ) in July to WeightWatchers, then when that didn't work after several weeks I went Paleo/Primal and when THAT didn't work after several more weeks I started doing JUDD (eating 2000 cals one day then next day 500) ....and that didnt work so I give up and did some research on eating more to lose weight.......so as u can see desperation set in......by the way I had also been on SW and WW with 3-4 spin classes a week for the first 6 months of the year with no weight loss there.

I'm never going back to vlcd.....it's great if u do it once or twice and eat normally in between but 12 times in 4 years followed by chronic low calorie wasn't perhaps the most sensible way to go about things.......i need to learn PATIENCE.....:)

Wow ..!!!
So maybe your metabolism is taking a lot of time to recover ..! It's had a heck of a beating ... :-(

I know, I wish I had known then what I do now. All my life it has been "the less you eat, the more weight you lose" and that's how it was until I just got ridiculous :-( . I was able to lose weight easily when I tried, pre VLCD, but I have just messed my system up with all this yo yoing. When u get used to losing 3-4lbs per week on VLCD.....it's almost like a drug........silly silly me! Slow and steady really is the most sensible way!

I've also read recently it could take up to a year to sort my metabolism out :-(. EEEKKKK!!!

I know, I wish I had known then what I do now. All my life it has been "the less you eat, the more weight you lose" and that's how it was until I just got ridiculous :-( . I was able to lose weight easily when I tried, pre VLCD, but I have just messed my system up with all this yo yoing. When u get used to losing 3-4lbs per week on VLCD.....it's almost like a drug........silly silly me! Slow and steady really is the most sensible way!

I've also read recently it could take up to a year to sort my metabolism out :-(. EEEKKKK!!!

I've seen others starting on vcld but I don't want to tell them as I did once before when I first joined and was warned by the mods :-( I hope they read your story ..!! 700 cals is just not enough to survive .!!!

I hear you on that. I am having the same issue. I was on my tfr for 7 months so my metabolism probably will not go back to normal until next June!!!! I am hopeing after convincing my body that i am no longer going to starve it, that it may start letting go. At the moment i look a bit preganat. And as i think about that you see those videos of people who are starving and they want you to send money for food and such well they all have bloated bellies becaues their body is holding all it can get! lol sorry just had a OMG moment. Anywho, At this point i have decided that if I just keep eating and exercising that it will balance out sooner or later. Ill let you know how that goes lol

I've seen others starting on vcld but I don't want to tell them as I did once before when I first joined and was warned by the mods :-( I hope they read your story ..!! 700 cals is just not enough to survive .!!!

I want to go on my exante forum and tell people but i know ill get told off. So i just stay off of there as much as possible as it depresses me as i know 90% of them on there will just put it back on.

I'm actually not against VLCDs. I felt great when I did it, I looked super and it give me loads of confidence ....if I had done it properly, gone up the plan as they said you should and gradually built up to normal eating I really don't think there would have been an issue BUT......I couldn't leave it at that.....I wanted to get that extra half stone off and i wanted it off YESTERDAY, lol! BUT I kept failing to get back on track. If I wasn't on VLCD, I was doing some other low cal or low carb diet desperately trying to lose those elusive final pounds so eventually my metabolism obviously adjusted to less food and that's where I am now :-(

I hear you on that. I am having the same issue. I was on my tfr for 7 months so my metabolism probably will not go back to normal until next June!!!! I am hopeing after convincing my body that i am no longer going to starve it, that it may start letting go. At the moment i look a bit preganat. And as i think about that you see those videos of people who are starving and they want you to send money for food and such well they all have bloated bellies becaues their body is holding all it can get! lol sorry just had a OMG moment. Anywho, At this point i have decided that if I just keep eating and exercising that it will balance out sooner or later. Ill let you know how that goes lol

I'm so scared that when I do my calorie cut that the weight doesn't budge...... It's too awful to bear thinking about.....I just CAN'T go back to 600 cals a day.....misery :-(

So lady's how u all doing? Ate soooooo much for xmas...mum's cooking is the best!!! My trousers are bit tight around the a... Lol. But just once a year so doesn't matter don't feel bad. And choco santy was delish. Back on logging and lifting today. Now have time till next xmas to get prepared! Lol

Back