Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Me and the family are sick with very nasty colds. I have given myself till New year to get back on track I haven't been to the gym in a week but have been doing little things like lifting my son and doing squats and such. I weigh and measure on the first I an pretty sure there will be a gain and some inches added but that's what new year is for right?

huwiesmummy said:
Me and the family are sick with very nasty colds. I have given myself till New year to get back on track I haven't been to the gym in a week but have been doing little things like lifting my son and doing squats and such. I weigh and measure on the first I an pretty sure there will be a gain and some inches added but that's what new year is for right?

We're still on for the December challenge though, right?! It's really helped keep me focused, anyway. :) xx

huwiesmummy said:
I know i failed lol. Ill pop on there at the end of the month hope everyone else did well.

Aww, never mind, those quick gains always come off quickly too. :) I was a couple of pounds up this morning, but I'll check in on New Year's Day with the final result, lol. Thanks for starting that challenge, anyway, it has really helped me, especially with my Mum dying, then we've all been ill etc. Helped me not be too naughty! xx

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a good christmas!

Just a quick question in preparation for my start on Tuesday.. when it comes to eating 20% below TDEE, how often do you recalculate figures?

My BMR is currently 1783, being 216lbs, 22 years old and female.. then with an activity level of lightly active, I've calculated my TDEE to be 2451.. so 20% below that would mean I eat 1961 calories.

But when would I recalculate these numbers? After how long & after losing how much?

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a good christmas!

Just a quick question in preparation for my start on Tuesday.. when it comes to eating 20% below TDEE, how often do you recalculate figures?

My BMR is currently 1783, being 216lbs, 22 years old and female.. then with an activity level of lightly active, I've calculated my TDEE to be 2451.. so 20% below that would mean I eat 1961 calories.

But when would I recalculate these numbers? After how long & after losing how much?

I think it's once you lose approx 5lbs or so........ :)

It changes every time you lose even less than half a pound! My scales do mine for me automatically and it changed day depending on my weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gosh every 5lbs is more frequent than I thought! I don't have fancy scales so I'll have to recalculate manually quite regularly then!

I thought it was a out every 10lbs... I keep reading that x

I'm going to lower my carbs again ... Since I have been doing higher cals iv put weight on.. Me and my dr Hub think that due to my strong family history of type 2 diabetes that I have insulin resistance ..!! So I'm going to keep my cals at 1500 but not go over 100g of carbs per day .. And that means quinioa, barley and bulgar wheat and 1slice of wholemeal seeded bread ... No potato or pasta ... I had better weight loss/maintenance when I was watching my carbs .! Im losing my cheekbones again .. I need to do something that suits me

That's still.a lot. Definitely have a look at that low cal no carb pasta I have its really nice for those rare occasions. <3 we will get though.

No word on my thyroid blood test :( must mean I'm normal. Well at least blood wise. Sanity wise we all know I'm not.

Has sanity is not my string point either ..!!
The carbs I have listed will only be 1 slice of bread a day ... And then 1 portion of one of the listed options . Abd only 40g of dried portion before cooked ..!!! That's only 35g carbs and low GI .. So good carbs ..!! Slice of burgen is 12 carbs ... So then I get scope for fruit carbs ..!
I read a min a go to have a little protein Wjth all carbs ... Even if its fruit .. Have a bit if cheese or milk .. That helps with the insulin spikes ..!

I so hope I never have to reduce my carbs, I eat bread or potato three times a day.
Luckily I had no diabetes problem so not a massive issue.
To be honest I have no idea how many carbs I should (or shouldn't) be eating?

I have some thyroid problems, I kept having tests and they came back abnormal. Something to do with the pituitary gland working overtime?
Had monthly blood tests for about 8months but got fed up with that.

I so hope I never have to reduce my carbs, I eat bread or potato three times a day.
Luckily I had no diabetes problem so not a massive issue.
To be honest I have no idea how many carbs I should (or shouldn't) be eating?

I have some thyroid problems, I kept having tests and they came back abnormal. Something to do with the pituitary gland working overtime?
Had monthly blood tests for about 8months but got fed up with that.

I have under active thyroid so I find weight hard to shift anyway ..!! When I was 11 stone (my heaviest) I did ww and even the leader used to get despondent for me lol ..!! I only lost half a stone in a year .! So I gave that up .. Costing money and getting nowhere ..!! I did go on to lose another 6lbs with cc but I was watching my carbs ..!! We have to do something that suits us ..
I'm honest when I say I'm truly fed up of counting and watching what I eat ... This is me for the rest of my life ..!! I find the thought horrifying. But I take my eye off the ball for a bit and I gain ... Even my 13 year old said my face looked bigger :-( iv taught her to be brutally honest with me lol
X

They're great scales. They're the salter MiBody analyser scales. Model 9119 I think. But you put in your age height, sex, activity level and then it measures weight, body fat , visceral fat, muscle, body water, BMI, BMR, it comes with a USB so you can transfer the data to your computer and plots it all on a graphs. At the click of a mouse you can see everything in lb, kg or stones. It also keeps records for up to 12 users so you just spend time doing the initial bit for everyone on a different user number. They're brill worth every penny.
I now weigh everyday. I inly used to weigh weekly but because they save the details you can get weighed without looking and oh check the details once you've transferred them to the computer.
It's only because I started looking at the details that I realised that BMR calories chZnge with every little weight fluctuation

Back