Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Is say do 20% then if your not losing after a month go to 30%. Not sure though its all super confusing anyways. Someone will have a better answer then me

I'd agree with you tam ... Then Lauren you can reduce further if you need to x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

For those that find setting a calorie target difficult you can't go far wrong by just following MFP recommendations. I lost weight successfully doing just this last year. It was only when I started messing around with some of the other suggestions on the MFP forums like Dan's roadmap and eat more to lose weight etc, then the weight loss stopped and the weight gain started lol

I'm going back to basics and going for a 0.5lb loss with the help of MFP - that's a 1450 calorie day for me. I will average this out through the week and eat some of my exercise calories back to ensure I do not nett below 1200 cals.

For those that find setting a calorie target difficult you can't go far wrong by just following MFP recommendations. I lost weight successfully doing just this last year. It was only when I started messing around with some of the other suggestions on the MFP forums like Dan's roadmap and eat more to lose weight etc, then the weight loss stopped and the weight gain started lol

I'm going back to basics and going for a 0.5lb loss with the help of MFP - that's a 1450 calorie day for me. I will average this out through the week and eat some of my exercise calories back to ensure I do not nett below 1200 cals.

I like his theory and I no doubt it works for most people ... But since I have started WHTG this road map I have gained ... These people seem to exercise like mad so maybe you have to he an exercise mad person for it to work properly.
I see that too less cals is bad for you .. I'm a nurse .. I can see that ... Do why hasn't this worked for me ... They say to plug on abd eventually you'll lose bug I'm sodding scared I'm going to gain more ..!!!!
I'm going back to 100g good carbs a day and am doing 1500 still which is what I was going on the road map thing x

I like his theory and I no doubt it works for most people ... But since I have started WHTG this road map I have gained ... These people seem to exercise like mad so maybe you have to he an exercise mad person for it to work properly.
I see that too less cals is bad for you .. I'm a nurse .. I can see that ... Do why hasn't this worked for me ... They say to plug on abd eventually you'll lose bug I'm sodding scared I'm going to gain more ..!!!!
I'm going back to 100g good carbs a day and am doing 1500 still which is what I was going on the road map thing x

I agree that his followers seem to do a LOT of exercise whereas I just pootle along doing my dog walking lol so I don't think his plan is for me.

You do quite a lot of exercise yourself so I think you can only be doing your body good by eating 1500 cals - keep up the good work hun

I agree that his followers seem to do a LOT of exercise whereas I just pootle along doing my dog walking lol so I don't think his plan is for me.

You do quite a lot of exercise yourself so I think you can only be doing your body good by eating 1500 cals - keep up the good work hun

I exercise 3-4 times a week .. Usually 3 and only for half -one hour x
I intend in keeping that up .., see how I go x

I'm confused now! I'm not sure whether to follow the TDEE minus 20-30%, or to follow the MFP suggestions that would have me eating 1580 calories a day for 1.5lbs loss a week.... its so confusing! I can't exercise so I feel that eating high calories might not help me now :(

I'm confused now! I'm not sure whether to follow the TDEE minus 20-30%, or to follow the MFP suggestions that would have me eating 1580 calories a day for 1.5lbs loss a week.... its so confusing! I can't exercise so I feel that eating high calories might not help me now :(

Ill be honest ... I started doing 1500 according to road map .. That's my tdee minus 20%... Then last couple weeks iv eaten up to tdee (1900) maybe a shade more some days ... Abd iv defo gained 2-3lbs more ..!! I'm on period so maybe it's that ... But my face looks fatter .!!
I was 9st 13lbs until November and I went berserk one week on nights shifts eating utter crap and I gained 4lbs ..!!!! So 2 lbs on top of that is no good ..!!!

I'm still going to do 1500 cals but cut right back on the carbs ..!!! Only 100g a day ..!!
1500 is tdee minus 20% fur me x

I'm still going to do 1500 cals but cut right back on the carbs ..!!! Only 100g a day ..!!
1500 is tdee minus 20% fur me x

1580 is what MFP suggests for me in order to lose 1.5lbs a week.. but that's like 35-40% under my TDEE. I'm just paranoid that cause I'm unable to exercise that by eating TDEE minus 20% which for me is 1960 that I'll not lose very well :( x

OK, fair play. (Your stats say 13st1lb which is why I was a bit confused)

It's difficult to know what to do isn't it? Why don't you give the higher figure a go ... it might help you on your journey rather than crash dieting.

What are my stats? I always use the MFP app so I probably haven't updated them since I first joined! I'm 15.10 stone now :( that's what messing around with different diets & wasting time does..

I feel like if the weight loss is too slow then I'll give up & end up resorting back to a VLCD again, which I really don't want. I've set my activity level as sedentary now that I can't exercise, and TDEE minus 30% while being sedentary is 1550 & MFP gives me 1580 to lose 1.5lbs a week - so guess either way it's the same!

What are my stats? I always use the MFP app so I probably haven't updated them since I first joined! I'm 15.10 stone now :( that's what messing around with different diets & wasting time does..

I feel like if the weight loss is too slow then I'll give up & end up resorting back to a VLCD again, which I really don't want. I've set my activity level as sedentary now that I can't exercise, and TDEE minus 30% while being sedentary is 1550 & MFP gives me 1580 to lose 1.5lbs a week - so guess either way it's the same!

There you go then sweet - 1550 sounds good to me ;)

Good luck!

According to up fat 2 fit radio your BMR is 1627...!!!! So you shouldn't eat less than that ..
You can google fat 2 fit radio calculators and you just need to put your stats in and it gives you the numbers ...
What's your exercise levels like..?

Thank you for working this out for me Linski.
I dont take regular exercise but i have 3 young children to run around after and i work part time for my own business so rarely get to 'sit down' until evening. I want to start doing 2 evening exercise classes a week though

If you were sedentary .. Like a desk job drive everywhere etc ... Your tdee would be 1952 calories ..
Im inclined to put you at lightly active which would put you at 2237cals a day .. If you minus 20% from that so you can lose weight you will need ... 1789 cals a day ..!! (On sedentary you would need 1561 cals x
If you had a lot to lose then you can lower that to 30% ..!! But that's a lot x
This could work out for you ... X

I didn't do anything complicated to work my calories out.
I just settled on a number and stuck to that. I'm 5'11 and started at 293lbs and set my calories at 1700. I don't do any real exercise but walk 2 miles a day (not that fast)
I consistently lost average 2lb a week. No idea what i should be eating a week. I'm probably the tallest/fatest (247) on this thread so i guess it sounds about right.

For the last ten days have been off intentionally off plan, but will go back to 1700 on Sunday.

Back