Hi HO everyone

Grannyweatherwax

have you got room for a little one? Not so little actually. I want to lose a stone by Christmas. I've been told this is a nice friendly place with lots of support. Hope to catch up with you and get to know you all over the next few weeks

Grannyweatherwax said:
have you got room for a little one? Not so little actually. I want to lose a stone by Christmas. I've been told this is a nice friendly place with lots of support. Hope to catch up with you and get to know you all over the next few weeks

Welcome grannyweatherwax , I'm a newbie too this web site is brill for support especially if ur doing lipotrim like me , I would have caved in by now if it wasn't for minimi
Good luck on your journey x

Hi GWW (too lazy to type it all but if I had I wouldn't need to be typing this)

I joined yesterday and I'm enjoying reading the posts and joining in too.

Good luck with the diet

Hi Granny, I am new here too. I've been lurking for awhile and finally joined today. :)

WE got us a convoy! I'm a yo yo dieter. Take it off put it on again. So I'm setting myself realistic goals and not being too hard on myself. Lets all stick together eh? There's safety in numbers.

What I forgot to say earlier was that I woke up this morning with dreadful aching knees. I went shopping yesterday morning, to a street market, and this morning I am really creaky

WE got us a convoy! I'm a yo yo dieter. Take it off put it on again. So I'm setting myself realistic goals and not being too hard on myself. Lets all stick together eh? There's safety in numbers.

Hi Grannyweatherwax, Welcome to the forum...Yay to a convoy.. :happy036:
Great that you are going to be realistic about things..better slow and sure than trying to stick to drastic measures and putting too much angst into it.
All the very best in your journey to slimdom.
Btw, do set up your own diary as it's such a help in keeping track of your progress .. :)

Emmaline! That's the sweetest little dog you've got as an avatar. We've always had rescue dogs, every breed you could think of and some appearing to have bits of every dog in them

Too true Rawrgirl These old bones need to coaxed into exercise or they will go into shock.:D

W.I. for me will be Sunday morning, but to be honest, its not a race as far as I'm concerned, just a by product of a healthier lifestyle and if I don't lose one week, it won't be the end of the world

As if I haven't got enough on me plate with this healthy lifestyle I am just getting into; my husband wants to put the house on the market. We've been talking about it since Christmas. He reckons that if we go on now we may sell it in the spring, but if wait until the spring there will be so many new on the market that people are spoilt for choice and if we put it for more than we want for it now, it will look a bargain when we drop it in the spring.

I have to agree that this old Victorian 3 storey house, 4 if you count the basement, is much too big for us and if we moved to a 3 bedroom house or bungalow we can still have the family to stay and hopefully a smaller garden.

We don't, thank goodness, need to decorate or do anything to it, it can go on he market as it is. 35 years ago, it would have been a different story. Children kind of leave their mark don't they?!? I'll let you know what we decide. But Grand dad Weatherwax, once he's got the bit between his teeth takes some stopping.

A bad start to the day in the Weatherwax house. Granny can't 'go' I've tried extra fluids, that had me running to the privvie all night. And I've tried pure orange juice. The way I feel this morning, I need a pull through with a knotted rope. Shall give in and take some jollop this evening. My old neighbour used to boil a pan of onions when she couldn't go, not sure about that. Have a good day everyone

Do you have something like Colace there? Not sure what the equivalent brand would be in UK. It's a softener with docusate sodium as the active ingredient. Very gentle, nonlaxative, so not habit forming and works consistently whether you take it for a week or a year. Take two at a time, once a day at bedtime. I was first given it in hospital after major reconstructive surgery because narcotic pain meds have a very unpleasant side effect.

Or maybe try chia seeds, one tablespoon a day in a beverage, and make sure to increase your water intake significantly.

Yes we have it. Sold as Docusol and DulcoEase here. Thanks for the suggestion

Emmaline Grandad Weatherwax rarely suffers with being bunged up but did, a few weeks ago, need a little something. He took Dulcolax. Now, I don't know exactly what went wrong but he was up from about 3 am and came down to breakfast the next morning white as a sheet and said My @ss feels like that map at the start of Bonanza:D. Apparently he had heard a comic say this on TV a year or so ago, and now understood exactly what the fellow meant

I work on the community and all of my clients take movacol , you'll be sh*ting through a eye of a needle in no time !!!

Yesterday's problem is now solved. I know every brushstroke on the back of the privy door and used up all the newspaper hanging on the nail, I was in there so long.

It is real autumny here in the Weatherwax part of the world. A soft mist lay overything first thing this morning and the cobwebs on the garden plants looke like exquisite lace. I love September/October. I think I must have been a squirrel in a past life. I start making my chutney, Christmas cakes and puddings now and generally tidying up the garden and putting it to bed for the winter months.

Autumn is my favourite time of year, I love the start of the frost, the leaves turning, the smell of winter coming and of course is means Christmas is near which I look forward to all year round! X

Is it possible to have nostalgia for someplace you've never been? What you are both describing sounds heavenly.

I can't wait until November when things will start to cool down enough to be comfortable outdoors. I had a wonderful garden when I lived in the Pacific Northwest, but it's impossible here. I tried one year, but it was WAY too hot to tend the garden, the "soil" was nothing but sand, and nasty finger-size locusts ate everything that did grow. :(

Back