Honey vs Hunger Diary

What a hot and muggy day. I think at this rate i'm going to sweat of 5lb....well here's hoping anyway...lol

Foodwise today I had:
Breakfast: ham and tomatoes
Lunch: ham, grapes, pineapple
Dinner: Spicy meatball pasta with cheese
HEA, cherries and choccy mousse
3syns
Have drunk lots of water today so hopefully will stop some of the water retention.
Until tomorrow fellow food diarists

xxx:4635:

Was sooo busy yesterday (hubby took me out for the day) so didn't have time to write yesterdays food diary so here goes:

Breakfast: bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
Lunch: ham, prawns, babybel light (HEA), grapes and cherries
Dinner: pasta bake (HEA)

Still need to drink more though. Will update todays diary later

xxx

Cooking Day.

Having a glut of fruit and veg i'm now on my annual jam and chutney cook off, and just for good luck a couple of s/w goodies too.

I would say i'm probably 1/4 way through with my current crop so at least another 3 days of cooking.

Today I made the s/w onion marmalade (which I made with apple balsamic and its yum even if i do say so myself...lol ;) ) and gooseberry jam (which i'll eat as a treat or when I get to my target)

Anyway back to what i've actually eaten.
Breakfast: cooked by hubby, bacon and tomatoes
Lunch: 1/2 pint of prawns, handful mixed berries
Dinner: provencal fish stew 1 syn, bread HEB, fresh pineapple

It utterly stuffed. I know I should probably have more syns but I just can't fit any more in.......which might have to do with all the water i've drunk today.

Anyway that's me for today

xxx

This is going to be a short and sweet entry today as i'm shattered after spending the day with my sister and 19 month old neice.
Breakfast: Noodles, Pineapple (although not together...lol)
Lunch: Grilled chicken with side salad and 1 tbsp BBQ sauce (1/2 syn)
Dinner: Pork chops with a creamy apple and mustard sauce, bubble and squeek and carrots (2syns) Choccy mousse (3 syns) and handful of cherries.

Total syns = 5 1/2 syns

Chat more tomorrow

xxx

I've had a horrendous day so far (about to post about it in "off topic" if you want to have a laugh...or give a bit of sympathy) So food hasn't been at the front of thoughts.
Breakfast: noodles followed by some pineapple
Lunch: ham, 2x deli lights (3 syns) tomatoes, cherries and grapes

At the moment dinner is the last thing on my mind but i'm sure i'll rustle something up for me and hubby.

Until then
xxx

Ok, so the phone debarcle is ongoing I scraped together dinner.
Dinner: lasagne HEA followed by a hadful of cherries and strawberries and a kitkat 5.5 syns.

Total syns for today is 8.5

xxx

Bit of a strange day really, starting off with a power cut that lasted 90 mins. Bit of a pain especially as I didn't want to open the fridge inacse the powercut lasted a long time (which I does from time to time) so a good old staple became breakfast again, noodles.

I ended up meeting my hubby for lunch so we decided to eat a proper meal then and something light in the evening. I had steak, salad and new potatoes with some BBQ sauce and some mustard which equals 1 syn.

This evening, I really couldn't be bothered to each much so had another bowl of noodles followed by some pineapple.

1 syn all day but i'm not hungry. WI tomorrow, hope i've lost weight

WI day and have lost 1/2lb.....it's still a loss.

Food wise good old noodles came to the rescue having them for breakfast followed by pineapple and for lunch with bacon and tomatoes. Dinner after WI was a veggie and bacon pasta bake with cheese (HEA), cherries and choccy mousse 3 syns

Well tomorrow is a new week to battle the bulge.

xxx

Before I start todays venture into food I would like to ask a quick question.

Does anyone find by changing plan eg. from EE to Red and/or Green days, kick starts your weight loss or is it just a nice change so you don't get bored?

Just getting mixed messages about this so thought i'd ask. Am thinking of mixing it up with all 3 during this next week so should be fun trying to get my head around the other plans. Today i'm finishing off the week on EE as it's shopping day tomorrow and will buy with my new plan in mind.

Same old Breakfast for me today: Noodles.

Will see what interesting bits I find for lunch

Lunch was leftover pasta bake from dinner yesterday incl cheese HEA. I was just tucking in and enjoying it when CRUNCH.....my crown came off. Now, thanks to an unplanned appointment to the dentist, i'm hot and bothered and £40 lighter in the purse....hrumph!

xxx

I don't think it matters changing te plan or though the body might notice which can effect weightloss. I am careful with greens and carbs don;t go well with my stomach. I much perfer red days as I feel more in control. Can I just emntion that Pineapple if you are eating it on a regular basis can contribute to an increase in weight - I have noted from several posts that flag up about after eating pineapple.

I don't think it matters changing te plan or though the body might notice which can effect weightloss. I am careful with greens and carbs don;t go well with my stomach. I much perfer red days as I feel more in control. Can I just emntion that Pineapple if you are eating it on a regular basis can contribute to an increase in weight - I have noted from several posts that flag up about after eating pineapple.

Thanks for the heads up on pineapple. I hadn't heard that before so will give it a miss this week and see what the results may be.

Food file for today........well dinner anyway lol

Home made burgers with 1xdeli light blue (1 1/2 syns) split between the 2 burgers and put inside each one so was nice and oozey when cut into. I had them with a lovely salad with balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top and my home made s/w onion marmalade. It was soooo yummy.

Pudding was black cherries and choccy mousse (3 syns)

Total syns today 4 1/2 syns

Hopefully all of these low syn days will make up for some naughtiness that will happen tomorrow as hubby is taking me to wagamamas as a treat!!!

xxx

Mad dash day and it's only 10.30!!!! Anyway, cooked brekkie for hubby and I of grilled bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms in between weeding the garden, feeding the cats, cleaning the kitchen, ordering veggies from our mobile greengrocer and preparing to go out shopping and meeting my sister for lunch.

Phew.....luckily i've got 5 mins to myself while I take my nebulisers to pop on here for a quick update.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and will pop on later with a foody update

xxx

Finishing off yesterdays food diary. We had a slight change of plan and didn't go to Wagamama's. Instead we met up with my sister, her hubby and my niece at the Harvester. I had grilled chicken with jacket potato and salad. I had a couple of deli lights in my jacket (HEA,had just been food shopping) and some balsamic over my salad. I did have 1 tbsp BBQ = 1/2 syn. Followed by their fruit skewers (no tinned pineapple and no ice cream so all free).

Tea we had a stuffed mushroom (stuffed with s/w onion marmalade, grilled bacon and 2xdeli lights HEA) with a side salad with balsamic. Followed by cherries and choccy mousse 3 syns and a kitkat 5.5 syns.

Total syns = 9

Hiya, just passing through. Your diary is interesting. I see we have similar stats and would like to congratulate you on how well you've done so far! I've only lost 3lbs in five weeks (though the gains were because I went off-plan!) so I'm looking for some inspiration and I've certainly found it :)

Thanks!

Hiya, just passing through. Your diary is interesting. I see we have similar stats and would like to congratulate you on how well you've done so far! I've only lost 3lbs in five weeks (though the gains were because I went off-plan!) so I'm looking for some inspiration and I've certainly found it :)

Thanks!

Thank you for your kind words, they are a great inspiration for me to keep on the straight and narrow of s/w. :D

3lbs is a fantastic loss and i'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time. It's always nice to be able to pop on here and get support from others who know exactly what you're going through.

Good luck with it and hope the next WI is a lovely big loss for you

xxx

Todays foodie journey started again with hubby cooking me grilled bacon, tomatoes and a poached egg.

We then went out to a cherry festival which was great fun with lots of farm shops and music and of course cherries...lol

After buying up 1/2 of the green grocers and butchers and trying lots of different cherry varieties we headed to the park (via home to drop off our bounty) to have a picnic lunch with my sister, her hubby and my niece.

I had ham, salad and 2 deli lights (HEA). hubby bought me what he thought was a mini milk (as they are low in syns) but it ended up being some kind of fruit, ice lolly and because I din't know the syn value, I gave it away (I have to be strict with myself as it's the only way i'll get to my target).....Thank you hubby anyway x

The rest of the afternoon was spent making more jam, this time apricot and almond and preping for dinner (which was absolutely gorgous).

Pork chops (Gloucester Old Spot from the farm...trimmed of fat of course) with a creamy apple sauce, bubble and squeek and carrots all for 2 syns!!!!

I followed this with a handful of cherries (thanks to the festival today) and a kitkat 5.5syns

Total for today 7.5 syns and each one way loverly....lol

Happy s/w eating

xxx

Back