Honey vs Hunger Diary

What a day! I had to go to London for a check up with my CF docs and as a treat hubby took me for lunch in Harrods.

Anyway starting at the beginning, breakfast was bubble and squeek, bacon, poached egg and tomatoes (hubby's treat as I was feeling a little poorly and had a bad night). Then off up to London via the docs (round 1) and into Harrods.

We did a bit of shopping for a few bits, mainly pressies people had asked us to pick up for them (choccies and Krispy Kreme doughnuts....not a great fan of them so wasn't an issue...lol) then off for lunch.

We decided that the best and probably lowest in syns would be sushi and OMG!!!! It was absolutely amazing. I had ones with soft shell crabs in, which i'd always wanted to try and they were amazing. Also some with prawns, mackerel and squid.

I understand that sushi is 1 1/2 syns for 100g and i'm not sure how much mine weighed so cannot accurately account for the syns, so i'm just going to over estimate at 15 syns and not have any more for the rest of the day.

Then it was round 2 at the docs. I was given the big thumbs up for the weight loss and a keep it up in maintaining my current levels in health so all positive really.

Long journey home and i've managed to make about 6lbs strawberry jam (for when i've reached target) and dinner which was homemade burgers with babybel light HEA melted over the top, salad and s/w onion marmalade, which was yummy.

Total syns = unknown but gonna say 15 to cover myself.

Back to normality tomorrow. :sigh: :8855:

xxx

So back to normality and noodles for breakfast. Soon after I was decended upon by mum (who came to give me a hand cleaning), closely followed by my sister and niece.

Several hours of chaos and laughter and a bit of cleaning later and put together a slimming world lunch for us all as we are all on this glorious lifestyle change :rolleyes: lol

I made s/w quiches, s/w potato salad, s/w stuffed mushrooms and a green salad with balsamic vinegar. I had a bit of each which was all totally free + 1/5 of my HEA (1xdeli light on top of the mushys)

Everyone enjoyed lunch and I made enough to have leftovers, so will probably have the same for dinner tonight but will let you know...lol

Happy eating (s/w of course)

xxx

Well as much as I enjoyed what I had for lunch I couldn't face eating it again for dinner....although hubby thoroughly enjoyed it.

I knocked myself up some veggie and bacon pasta which was totally free, grated a babybel light over it HEA (it goes a bit like mozzerella when heated) and followed it with a handful of cherries and a choccy mousse (needed a sweet kick today) 3 syns.

Total syns today 3

xxx

An absolutely hectic day. Been shopping with my sister and mum and trying to play with my niece but have one major issue....my back has gone. It's really painful and has kinda effected my appetite.

Breakfast was a bowl of noodles and lunch a banana and 1 babybel light HEA so not lots.

Anyway will try and eat a little more at dinner but at the mo i'm shattered from spending the day with my sis that I may just end up in bed...lol

Will let you know what I decide later

xxx

Just an update on yesterdays shenanigans. I deceided i'd better make some dinner as hubby would be hungry after work anyway. So I made a start on making s/w chicken curry and half way through became very faint and dizzy. Thank god for my wonderful hubby as he sat me down, finished off dinner and made sure I ate it all and had a big drink. He also made me eat a choccy mousse and some cherries for a bit of a natural sugar boost and then packed me off to bed.

Total syns = 3

Feel a lot better this morning although my back still hurts.

Note to self.....DON'T SKIP LUNCH!!!

Another day, another food diary, another weigh in day....eeekkkk!!!!

I don't think i've lost anything this week but here's hoping.

Breakfast and lunch was the same thing, noodles with tomatoes. I followed it both times with a handful of cherries and have been drinking more to make sure i'm not bloating too much.

Fingers crossed for tonight

xxx

Last edited:
Weigh in day and lost 1lb!! I know at first I used to get disappointed with just a 1lb loss, now I think at least it's a slow and steady loss so Yippee!!!!!

Anyway for dinner hubby had KFC as a treat so I knocked myself up a s/w fry up with grilled bacon, poached egg, backed beans and 1 slice of toast HEB. I followed that with choccy mousse and another handful of cherries.

Total syns = 3

xxx

WooHoo!!!! 1 more day until the weekend....YAY!!

Anyway i'm 1lb lighter today and if I can loose 2 more lb by next week, not only will I be down to the 10's (stones) from the 11's, i'll also get my 1 stone award.....so a concerted effort is needed this week.

I've found that my change from pineapple has seemed to help so am sticking to my usual brekkie of noodles with tomatoes and a snack of some cherries mid morning.

I'm trying to up my calcium intake (as directed from my dietician) so will probably have pilchards on toast for lunch as the are high in calcium.

Not going to have any cheese today so will use my HEA allowance for milk to make a rice pudding.....well this is the theory anyway...lol

Will let you know how I get on

xxx

Yep you guessed it (or read my previous post...lol) I had pilchards on toast followed by an apple and banana. I decided to try out eating bread again so that's my HEB for today.

Dinner though i'm still not sure.

xxx

We had beef stew with lots of veggies for dinner and it was luverly....lol It has 2 syns per serving and that's the total syns for today.

The say the weather is heating up as of tomorrow, so might have a light dinner tomorrow.

Hope you have a great weekend.

xxx

It's the weekend....yippee!!!!!

Hubby is having to work this morning so had my usual noodles with tomatoes for brekkie this morning.

My greengrocer has just been round so I managed to get lots of lovely local fruit and veg for the next few days inluding my favorite, cherries, so will have a bowl of those as a mid morning snack in a min.

xxx

Things got a little mad yesterday and I never finished off my food diary so here goes.

Lunch: We nipped down to the harbour and picked up some prawns and crab and made a prawn and crab salad for lunch - syn free

Dinner: Phili steak spaghetti (incl. 2 x deli lights HEA) = 2 syns, followed by some beautiful Kentish cherries.....deelish!!!!

Anyway that was then and todays another day. Bring on the food...lol

xxx

In between a visit to a boot fayre, a bit of DIY, a visit by my niece and her parents, a phone call from both sets of parents, a bit of a tidy up, playing with the cats, preparing fruit for making jam, sorting out the washing, stacking and emptying the dishwasher, taking my meds and cleaning out my car......I had time to prep the food hubby and I ate today and really enjoyed....lol

Breakfast: Grilled bacon and tomatoes

Lunch: Noodles with tomatoes followed by and apple with 2 babybel lights HEA

Dinner: Moules mariniere (3 syns) with 2 slices of bread HEB followed by a choccy mousse (3 syns) and a handful of cherries.

Total syns = 6 :D

All very yummy and comfortably full.

xxx

I'm just about to sit down and tuck into my usual breakfast of noodles with tomatoes at 8.10 am when there is a knock on the door and my new gardiner is there wanting me to take him round the garden to show him what needs doing.

So, 1 hour later than scheduled, i'm now tucking into my now cold noodles and tomatoes as my gardiner is de-weeding my lawn.

I wonder what will interupt lunch? Better make it a salad lol

xxx

Well, as yesterday was a little chaotic, I never got to finish my food diary, and yes, I did get my lunch interupted....I had a feeling it was going to be one of those days.

Anyway, Lunch: 2x half sandwiches (1 slice each). 1 with ham, 1 x deli light HEA, tomato and salad cream = 1syn and 1 with beef, tomato and free made up mustard. followed by a handful of strawberries (eaten over 90 mins due to mum and gardener pulling me from pillar to post...lol)

Dinner: Lean pork chops with bubble and squeek and a creamy mustard apple sauce = 2syns followed by a handful of cherries.

Total syns for today = 3 :D

A short and sweet entry today as am tired out from being pulled from pillar to post by my sister, niece, hairdresser, gardener, doctor, annoying pre-recorded phone calls and a never appearting carpenter who was supposed to start work building my wardrobe today.

Anyway food for today was:
Breakfast: noodles with tomatoes

Lunch: Homemade minestrone soup (all veg kept chunky and not pureed down) with a grated babybel light over the top HEA 1/4 syn (Soup serves 4 and has 1 syn in it from tomato puree)

Dinner: More minestrone soup with another grated babybel light HEA 1/4 syn, followed by choccy mousse and handful of cherries.

Total syns = 3 1/2 :D

xxx

Why is it that the hotter the weather the busier you get....lol

Anyway yesterdays food diary:
Breakfast: Noodles and tomatoes
Lunch: Homemade minestrone soup 1/4 syn with 1xbabybel light grated over it, followed by an apple.
Dinner: Chilli con carne with a spoonful of ff fromage frais, and 1x babybel light grated over, followed by a handful of cherries and 1xbuttered brazil (which took over 30mins to eat...a lot of sweet for your money...lol) 2 syns.

Total syns = 2 1/4

I just seem to be able to spend time updating my food diary in the mornings recently, but hopefully things will settle down a bit.

Today was WI day and amazingly I lost 2lb!!! AND got my 1STONE sticker. So a great day all round.

Breakfast: Noodles and tomatoes + Apple as mid morning snack
Lunch: Noodles and tomatoes
Dinner: Homemade minestrone soup topped with grated mini babybel light HEA followed by cherries, choccy mousse - 3 syns, 1xbuttered brazil 2 syns

Total syns = 5

I'm finally catching up with this week and posting todays food diary TODAY!!! lol

Hubby had the day off today (he just had to go and play golf....yawn lol) so mu usual breakfast of noodles was off the menu as he made breakfast for the pair of us.

Breakfast: Grilled bacon and tomatoes and a poached egg
Lunch: Ham sandwich (HEB) with tomatoes free mustard and morrisons extra light salad cream = 1syn

Haven't had dinner yet as still waiting for hubby to get back from golf (guess who's in the dog house...lol)

Will post dinner later

xxx

Wow, a stone in 8 weeks is absolutely amazing! Well done. I'm wondering, can you see a difference in the way you look and feel?

Back