Honey vs Hunger Diary

Wow, a stone in 8 weeks is absolutely amazing! Well done. I'm wondering, can you see a difference in the way you look and feel?

Hey Hun, how are you?

I can definitely see a difference. I've gone from being a size 16/18 to a size 12/14 and from hole 1 on my belt to hole 9!!! :eek:

I can't believe how relatively painless it's been. I think the next stone is going to take a little longer as your weight loss always slows down when heading towards target but hopefully by Christmas i'll be back to my old self again....lol :D

How are you finding it (aren't you going it alone now?) and is writing a food diary helping?

xxx

Wooooow, that's absolutely amazing, I hope to see a difference like that once some of the weight has budged!!! So pleased for you! :D I am now going it alone and I think it's going well; apart from a blip today (had mince today during fishy week, definitely didn't have 1/3 superfree and ate and ate) I feel like I've given it 110%; I really want a good loss of 2-3lbs.

I've got my lovely new scales which I tested for accuracy (they seem pretty consistent) so can't wait for WI on Monday :)

We'll see how it goes, as long as I reach my first goal of being 10 stone something by the time I go back to university, then I'll be happy :)

Wooooow, that's absolutely amazing, I hope to see a difference like that once some of the weight has budged!!! So pleased for you! :D I am now going it alone and I think it's going well; apart from a blip today (had mince today during fishy week, definitely didn't have 1/3 superfree and ate and ate) I feel like I've given it 110%; I really want a good loss of 2-3lbs.

I've got my lovely new scales which I tested for accuracy (they seem pretty consistent) so can't wait for WI on Monday :)

We'll see how it goes, as long as I reach my first goal of being 10 stone something by the time I go back to university, then I'll be happy :)

I'm sure you'll do it as you are so committed to lossing it. If it helps, I've looked at my meals to see if I can add more veg to up my superfree foods (like adding courgettes, peas and aubergines as well as onions, chillis, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes to my mince) and by finishing my meal with fruit definitely adds to that too.

Lastly the biggest thing that has helped me is water. I was just not drinking enough and on weeks where i've uped the amount of water i've drunk, i've lost the most weight.

Good luck again and I can't wait to see that big loss on Monday :D

xxx

Just to finish off yesterdays food diary

Dinner: Homemade lasagne 1/2 syn followed by choccy mousse 3 syns and a handful of cherries.

As a Friday night treat I had 2 buttered brazils = 4 syns

Total syns = 8 1/2 well it was my treat night :D

xxx

Playing catch up again today so here is yesterdays food diary

Breakfast: Grilled bacon and tomatoes with poached egg and baked beans (hubby cooked :D )
Lunch: Ham sandwich HEB with tomato, fresh mustard and 1tbsp extra light salad cream 1 syn
Dinner: Seafood pasta 2 syns bowl of strawberries and cherries and 2 buttered brazils 4 syns

Total syns = 7

Hopefully this will be the last catch up post as I seem a little more organised this week.

Breakfast: Noodles and tomatoes
Lunch: Ham sandwich HEB with tomatoes,spring onions,cucumber, free mustard & 1tbsp of salad cream 1 syn and 2 babybel lights HEA
Dinner: Sausages 1 syn and mash with cabbage, peas and onion gravy 1/2 syn. Followed by handful of cherries and strawberries and 2 buttered brazils 4 syns

Total syns = 6 1/2

Honey, your weight loss is amazing and inspirational to me as i'm struggeling :0(
I just wondered what a buttered brazil is?

Honey, your weight loss is amazing and inspirational to me as i'm struggeling :0(
I just wondered what a buttered brazil is?

Hi Tish, thanks for your kind comments. Sorry to here you're struggling. Sometimes it's a good idea to take a step back, take a deep breath and start again hitting the diet square on in the face....it's what I did and it seems to be working :fingerscrossed: lol. I'm sure your next WI will show a big loss :)

Anyway, onto the buttered brazils. The are whole brazil nuts wrapped in a hard toffee caramel and take me 30 mins to eat 1 (which is great when you're on this diet....more sweet for your syns...lol). So at 2 syns each and 30 mins to eat each one it kinda fills any sweet cravings I have.

Hope it helps and good luck with the weight loss.

xxx

Ok I know I said I was getting more organised this week and wouldn't be playing food catch up but I got chatting up on live chat. Before I knew it, an hour had passed and I had to nip off and do all my meds :p . Anyway, hopefully I have my timings back under control and will update todays diary, today :cross:

Anyway yesterdays food diary:
Lunch: Homemade minestrone soup 1/4 syn
Dinner: Beef Stroganoff with cube chips 2 1/4 syns followed by a handful of cherries a choccy mousse 3 syns and 1 buttered brazil 2 syns

Total syns = 7 1/2 syns :D

They sound lovely, mmm will have to keep an eye out for them :0)
Thanks for the advice too, I'm hopefully back on track now, had a good day yesterday so I'm just taking one day at a time.

as promised i'm updating my todays food diary...TODAY!!! What are the odds....lol

Lunch: Homemade minestrone 1/4 syn (which is aparently a great cure for morning sickness....or so my sister says....lol)

Will up date dinner tonight....promise

xxx

Last edited:
As promised, here is the rest of my food diary for today.

Dinner: Chicken, bacon and veggie pasta with 1/2 cheese allowance HEA and 2 buttered brazil 4 syns.

Total syns = 4 1/4

As some of you know, i've been away up to hospital for my 6 month review (which went well) so haven't been able to post my food diary from the last few days. So here goes:
Wednesday
Beakfast: Ham with 1xdeli light HEA and tomatoes. Banana and apple
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and 2xdeli lights HEA
Dinner: Prawn cocktail 6syns with 1 slice wholemeal bread HEB, followed by steak, jacket potato and peas with 1 tsp mustard 1 syn and 1tbsp bbq sauce 1/2 syn

Total syns 7 1/2 syns

Thursday WI day - lost 1lb yippee!!!
Breakfast: Grilled bacon and tomato with beans, followed by a mullerlight cherry yoghurt
Lunch: Ham with 1xdeli light HEA and tomatoes followed by a handful of cherries
Dinner: Veggie and bacon pasta with 1x babybel light HEA followed by a handful of cherries and 2x buttered brazils 4 syns

Total syns = 4 syns

xxx

Lunch: Noodles and tomatoes

How exciting is my food diary today....lol Truth be told, i'm flat out getting the house ready for the in-laws, sorting out my gardener, shouting at my inept carpenter and making a cake for a friend.

I am, however being treated to dinner tonight so will have a little cheat then

xxx

Finishing off yesterdays food diary, hubby the inlaws and I went to our local beefeater for dinner.

Dinner: Prawn cocktail incl 1 slice of wholemeal bread 4.5 syns HEB followed by sirloin steak with 3 giant prawns, jacket potato and salad and bourbon and black sauce (no idea of syn value but had 10.5 syns left for the day so took it as that)

It was all absolutely gorg....but would have loved to have had what hubby had for a starter....baked camembert with onion marmalade....it looked lush.

xxx

Another day....yadda yadda yadda ...lol

Lunch: Ham sandwich HEB with 2 x deli lights 3 syns tomatoes, spring onions, free mustard and 1 tbsp of morrisons extra light salad cream 1 syn
Dinner: Lasagne and salad 1 3/4 syns + HEA followed by handful of cherries

Total syns = 5 3/4 syns :D

xxx

Ok I have a question. Is there any statistics anywhere that show that overeating/drinking is a side effect of being visited by the in-laws? ;)

As lovely as they are, they could drive a person to either drink or eating....or both...:8855:

Anyway, back to todays diary.

Breakfast: Grilled lean bacon with tomatoes and 1 slice of nimble HEB
Lunch:Roast beef dinner with roast potatoes 2 syns carrots, cabbage and peas, free mustard and a splash of gravy 3 syns, followed by a bowl of cherries......while I watched everyone else tuck into a Vienetta. How good was I :innocent0002:

xxx

Just to finish off todays diary.

Dinner: Homemade minestrone 1/4 syn with 1 slice of nimble HEB followed by a buttered brazil 2 syns

Total syns = 7 1/4

.....and breathe!!! The in-laws are gone and i'm now back to my normal s/w regime. :D

Breakfast: Homemade minestrone 1/4 syn
Lunch: Homemade minestrone 1/4 syn

Can anyone see a theme hear? lol Promise dinner will be a bit more interesting.

xxx

I just made the most yummy dinner tonight (even if I do say so myself...lol) :D SO here is the rest of my diary for today
Dinner: Chicken Parmigiana with taggliatelli and marinara sauce HEA+B followed by a bowl of cherries

Total syns = 1/2 :innocent0002:

xxx

Back