• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hot drinks?

Hazelnut

S: 13st10lb C: 10st0lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 3st10lb(27.08%)
Can anyone suggest a low calorie hot drink for me?

I've got a tickly cough, it's driving me MAD! The only thing that stops it seems to be a cup of hot chocolate, but I don't want to drink loads of calories when I'm eating so healthily!

I can't stand tea or coffee, so I'm limited on options!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
Cut 2 slices from a lemon and put in a cup, squeeze the juice out of the rest of the lemom into the cup. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and pour on hot water. Add cinnamon if you have it

Taz

Spam Hunter
The honey isn't low fat/cal but it has great healing powers and soothes a sore throat. Also, just swallowing a spoonful of honey will coat your throat and ease the pain. I think is an antiseptic

Mixxi

S: 13st11.5lb C: 12st2lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 1st9.5lb(12.14%)
Have you tried green tea or herbal teas as well? They're really low cal. :)

Hazelnut

S: 13st10lb C: 10st0lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 3st10lb(27.08%)
The trouble is I don't really like any kind of tea or coffee. I normally have hot chocolate if I need a hot drink, but obviously that's not great for calorie counting... although a friend suggested I keep a few sachets of instant hot chocolate in the cupboard as they're better apparently.

I did try what you suggested Taz and it really soothed my throat- worth the extra calories in the honey! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Taz

Spam Hunter
No problem, glad it helped! My mum always used to make it by the jug load when we were ill and when I had a bad dose of flu at the beginning of the year she brought me round a flask full!

kazzymc

Gold Member
S: 18st3lb C: 16st3.5lb G: 10st5lb Loss: 1st13.5lb(10.78%)
i drink green tea with lemon thats pretty nice and ive got a few other herbal teas green tea is also meant to be good for getting the metabolism working