Hot drinks?

Hazelnut

Can anyone suggest a low calorie hot drink for me?

I've got a tickly cough, it's driving me MAD! The only thing that stops it seems to be a cup of hot chocolate, but I don't want to drink loads of calories when I'm eating so healthily!

I can't stand tea or coffee, so I'm limited on options!

Cut 2 slices from a lemon and put in a cup, squeeze the juice out of the rest of the lemom into the cup. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and pour on hot water. Add cinnamon if you have it

The honey isn't low fat/cal but it has great healing powers and soothes a sore throat. Also, just swallowing a spoonful of honey will coat your throat and ease the pain. I think is an antiseptic

The trouble is I don't really like any kind of tea or coffee. I normally have hot chocolate if I need a hot drink, but obviously that's not great for calorie counting... although a friend suggested I keep a few sachets of instant hot chocolate in the cupboard as they're better apparently.

I did try what you suggested Taz and it really soothed my throat- worth the extra calories in the honey! Thanks for the suggestion :)

No problem, glad it helped! My mum always used to make it by the jug load when we were ill and when I had a bad dose of flu at the beginning of the year she brought me round a flask full!

i drink green tea with lemon thats pretty nice and ive got a few other herbal teas green tea is also meant to be good for getting the metabolism working

Back