How are you target members doing out there?

Do you have a diary we can look at to see where you might add more syns or hex a or b

Like a good glue of olive oil in cooking or more nuts is a really good one

What about full fat cheese or full fat Greek yoghurts ?

What does your consultant say ?

I am the complete opposite and unless I follow the plan like a loser rather then a maintainer I will put on weight but that's due to my crap body and health. If I want to actually lose I need to follow 110% and restrict everything

My problem is that I'm in my comfort zone with what I was eating to lose ... I really can't face pasta, and am funny about textures - beans and lentils make me gag. BUT - my soupmaker arrived today and it's just occurred to me that I can hide lentils etc in a smooth soup which will add calories without adding volume :D. I'll pick up some lentils when I do my weekly shop tomorrow :)

The soupmaker by the way is AWESOME! I came in from group at 7-30, got changed, put my dinner on to cook, served it and by 8-15 had a jug full of steaming hot, scrummy, beetroot soup waiting to be poured into storage bags. It was so easy to wash up too :D

Sautée your onions in olive oil first to add more calories

I only like smooth soup as well

My mil bought my husband a soup maker on Thursday for his birthday and we tried it yesterday.

It is awesome !!

We made leek and potato. I bet you could add grated cheese and or cream to your portion to bulk things out.

He was bought the Morphy Richards jug one

Yep, I got the Morphy Richards jug one as well :D I'm going to try the cauliflower cheese soup recipe tonight and add LowLow rather than dairylea (which I'm not keen on)... and I've found a delicious looking celeriac one which contains olive oil for another HExb - soups I think are going to be my saviour - more calories but no extra eating!

My consultant is at a bit of a loss lol - he is used to people who reach target and then go on a blow out and gain I think, but for me my weight was as a result of compulsive overeating and he knows that straying from the healthy eating plan could be very dangerous for me as it could easily lead me back down that road. He's advised more Hex's and to try to maintain for now rather than gaining to get back into target range (that can come once I've figured out how to maintain lol).

Food diary is a great idea! ... here goes for today:

Breakfast 35g porridge oats (made up with water), sweetener and 1 large banana

Lunch (already packed for work) Beetroot soup, apple, peach

Dinner (already prepared as it's shopping after work so I'll be in late) Bubble & Squeak fried in a little olive oil, topped with grated cheese, cold chicken, Horseradish sauce (my current obsession lol) The bubble & squeak also contains potatoes mashed with LowLow cheese as it's leftovers from Sunday dinner - probably about 1/2 an extra Hexa

Supper 2 x HiFi Light bars, fruit salad, Greek Yoghurt, Cadbury's Highlight drink

I tend to plan my eating in advance and rarely stray from what I've planned ... though on shopping nights I often add in a pack of prawns as a snack while I put the shopping away and cook. I'll obviously pop back in and add anything else that I eat, but this is likely to be accurate as it is :)

Oooh please post the cauliflower soup recipe if it works and celeriac as I love celeriac.

Right you could increase your porridge to 50g as that would be 1.5 hex b

With lunch could you have some ryvita or corn cakes for another hex b. The corn cakes are gluten free and 5 are a hex b. If you check out my diary I posted a picture of them for Janet. Or a handful of nuts

As it seems you are only having 2 hex b and you probably need at least 3

Rice added to soup is lovely when blended makes it creamy

Where are your 15 syns ?

Here's the Celeriac soup recipe - it looks deliciously thick & creamy thanks (I think) to the potatoes :) Celery Root Soup Recipe - CHOW and this is the cauliflower cheese soup recipe (this one uses primula, but I still prefer LowLow as it's less 'plasticky' if you know what I mean) ... Cheesy cauliflower soup - Recipes - Slimming World

I was thinking of adding some rice cakes with the soup at lunchtime, but I'll definitely have a look at your diary for the corn cakes and I've got some seed mix that I could sprinkle on the soups as an alternative to those as the 3rd Hexb :)

I've never used all of my 15 syns lol ... There are 4 syns in the EVOO that I'm using to fry the bubble & squeak, another 2 in the creamed horseradish, 2 for the vanilla paste I use to flavour the yoghurt on my fruit salad (I prefer to use fat free greek and flavour it myself than use muller lights, which I'm not keen on) and 2 for the hot chocolate - 10 for the day.

Thank you all for your help! It really is appreciated :D xxx

Here are the corn cakes I found the picture.
I can only get them in Tesco where the snack a jacks and ryvita are but health food shops should sell them as well.

Maybe that is your other problem under syns all the time ?

The soups look fab I will be interested to hear how they turn out as we won't be making anymore till after our trip to New York which is less then 7 days away.

My husband is taking me there for my 40th

Attachments

• 1411477951528.jpg
    1411477951528.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for that Jaffa :) Tesco is the other side of town for me, but there is a Tesco Express in town and I have to pop in on Friday, so I'll have a look in there and if they don't have them, I'll pop to Holland & Barrett who should have (I've just checked online) :D

I'll see how I go with the extra Hexb (ie 3) and extra Hexa (ie 2) this week, before adding syns I think

Yay!!! for New York :D :D

Cauliflower Cheese soup? O.M.G !!! :D It's amazing ... so much so that I abandoned half the cheese on top of my bubble and squeak in favour of a portion of soup.

In doing so, I think I may have inadvertently cracked the perennial how to make a decent 'white sauce' for lasagne problem :D It's a thick soup/ thin white sauce ... creamy, cheesy, divine and serves 4 for 1/2 a HExa or 3 syns :D If you wanted it as a thicker sauce, adding a floury potato should do the trick. and all for 3 syns or 1/2 a HExA

Last edited:
I love melted LowLow cheese sauce:) ... it's nice poured over aubergine and tomato bake or, as you say, cauliflower and pasta bakes. I've never tried thinning it with water, but I guess this is essentially what the soup does - only the cauliflower (and potato) keep it relatively thick. When I try it as a proper sauce I think I'll add a little mustard powder to boost the cheesiness and some grated nutmeg for that proper bechamel flavour :D

One of the things I've really come to appreciate about SW is my re-found love of cooking! It was a pain when I first started because I'd got out of the habit, but I really enjoy it again now.

I love melted LowLow cheese sauce:) ... it's nice poured over aubergine and tomato bake or, as you say, cauliflower and pasta bakes. I've never tried thinning it with water, but I guess this is essentially what the soup does - only the cauliflower (and potato) keep it relatively thick. When I try it as a proper sauce I think I'll add a little mustard powder to boost the cheesiness and some grated nutmeg for that proper bechamel flavour :D

One of the things I've really come to appreciate about SW is my re-found love of cooking! It was a pain when I first started because I'd got out of the habit, but I really enjoy it again now.

It is low low cheese plus added cheese sauce made up with water. Not just low low thinned down

The cauliflower soup looks so simple but what can I use as a non dairy cheese to flavour it? At the moment I eat feta (sheep & goat) semi hard soya cheese, hard goats cheese and the Tofutti cheese spread...

Is the tofutti like phildelphia as that might work. Have you tried low low cheese spread to see if you are ok with it as I am fine with it.

Is the tofutti like phildelphia as that might work. Have you tried low low cheese spread to see if you are ok with it as I am fine with it.
I loved the LowLow but it didn't like me... The Lacofree stuff was very exciting to find but that hit the no-go area as well...funny ole bod I have!! I seem alright with the Tofutti but I could only get herbs & garlic, the other one was with black olives... I could try using that...the tub wants to put on it's fur coat by degrees and needs using up!

I have googled cauliflower philedelphia soup and there is loads as I reckon the tofutti would be an excellent sub for that here

https://www.philadelphia.co.uk/Recipes/Creamy Cauliflower Soup?r=14571

Flour would be 4 syns as I think that is what a tablespoon is.

You won't know if it works till you try it. I know I would just go for it

Have you googled tofutti recipes to see how other people cook with it ?

Half a pound on for me at SW WI, still at Target, but pleased with that after the two weeks that I have had

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back