How are you target members doing out there?

I've always been appalling at exercise for the sake of exercise ... I seem to be incapable of 'getting into the zone' with it. Part of it is that I have so many hobbies to cram in outside of my work and family commitments that I end up resenting gym/workout time because it's taking me away from what I really want to be doing lol.

I do walk everywhere - to and from work (by an extremely circuitous route), plus walking the dogs and any extra I need in order to get in my 10000 minimum steps a day, and I do enjoy that. It's hardly an aerobic or cardio vascular workout for me though - not an amble, but a long way from power walking ;) Very occasionally I use the exercise bike in my bedroom, but it's more often used as an impromptu clothes hanger lol.

In terms of badges etc, our consultant is usually pretty good - but he is also somewhat vague so there is often a waiting period until he catches up with himself.

Sounds to me like you are pretty active Molly...I have a pedometer somewhere in a drawer...!!
At our group the two ladies that book everyone in and weigh usually sort out the awards & stickers that need to be given out. From what I've seen it all comes up on a list on the card reader. As for my social team badge...who knows? My consultant runs 3 groups in one day and one evening too at another group...a lot to juggle and remember I guess.

Yes, my consultant runs 6 groups in total, so that's a lot to juggle and I'm not surprised he's vague at times bless him. Our social team don't have badges but it tends to be a bit 'fluid' anyway ... those of us that are regulars quite often step in to cover the scales/ shop/ raffle etc even though we aren't officially on the team - it's just that kind of group as it's relatively small compared to a lot of others :)

Well done on your snatching of victory from the jaws of defeat Ginlin :D and, yes Jaffa I know I'll now have to 'restart the clock' on my journey to diamond, but I would have had to wait anyway as I've been below target range since the week after I reached it ;) lol.

If you been below target the whole time it sounds like it needed to be re jigged anyway so looks like you have made the best decision.

My consultant only really has us core team as the social team which is why it is so difficult arranging a night out as she literally doesn't have anyone to take over. So on Tuesday we did all pay and weigh entered new members and did what we could then left just after 7.30 but it did still mean she had to pack up by herself as class is 7 to 8.30

I seems a lot of consultants are running quite a few groups, to make the money I suppose? I get the impression there's quite a lot of pressure on consultants to meet targets and that gives them added stress.

Jaffa, my group just had the two on their social team until I was asked to help too. I think it's going to take me a while to really become part of this team because they're close knit and have been working together a long time.

I can finally join this thread! I lost 2.5 pounds today to take me to my target (actually a pound under target). I am intending to carry on following the plan as normal for a couple of weeks as it is my birthday at the start of October and it will be nice to have a bit of leeway!

:wow:many congratulations Jo on becoming a Target Member!!!
I agree it's wonderful to have the 3lbs up or down from your target weight. Yes just take it slowly until you get to know how your eating patterns go. It's recommended to add more Hex's and not necessarily more syns...hum...need to remember that one myself!! :D

Thank you!

I can finally join this thread! I lost 2.5 pounds today to take me to my target (actually a pound under target). I am intending to carry on following the plan as normal for a couple of weeks as it is my birthday at the start of October and it will be nice to have a bit of leeway!

Congratulations! X

Thank you!

Looking forward to you joining us officially Grannieannie :D

Well I lost AGAIN this week, not a particularly small amount either - 1 1/2lb - despite eating an extra HEb every day, plus soup as well as fruit at lunchtimes and generally eating more (to the point that I actually had stomach ache on two days :( ). I've had my thyroid levels checked recently and they were fine, so I know there is no underlying problem - it's just that I need to take in more calories. Yes, I could eat cake and chocolate for a week, but they make me feel ill and, anyway, that's one very slippery slope that I don't want to go down. Carbs are tricky given the whole gluten thing, that I'm not keen on potatoes, hate baked beans or anything with a similar texture and there's only so much brown rice you can eat before it becomes very boring. This week I'm going to try having 2HEas daily as well as the 2 HEbs - but that in itself is a challenge as I hate milk, so it's cheese on everything I guess lol.

At this point I'm beginning to wonder how I managed to get to 21 stone in the first place!! (Though of course I know the answer to that lies in things that were making me ill and I thus don't eat anymore - pastry, cakes, sweets, chocolate, bread, butter and crisps in industrial sized quantities). My tastes have completely changed now and, although that's a good thing long term, in the short term I need to find this elusive balance!

Oh what a dilemma Molly!!
I've only followed the green plan so am used to having two Hex A&B's a day... I've just introduced 6 walnuts a day (HexB).
Because of my own dietary needs I count other things as them too eg Alpro yogurt. Do you like and eat pasta? Other beans, chickpeas & lentils, dried fruits?
I have to admit that if I don't have an 'nosh' for a week I can easily lose 3lbs!! Just lately I've really cleaned up my eating because I know that wheat & dairy makes me feel so ill and messes up my system. I find that planning is the key to eating more and healthier.

Back