How Busy is SnS?!

weasey

Gold Member
Wow - so many new SnS people on the forum! Welcome to all of you! It's great to see this Forum so busy. So many people moving over from other VLCDs and lots of complete newbies too! Good luck on your journey and I look forward to hearing more from you all!

So many new people- I wonder how many have been converted by all of us going on about the meals and stuff on other forums!

Well I was converted, the photos of the food helped (thanks), and I am really pleased with it so far. I have my weigh in on Monday and am hoping that I am a few pounds down this week, my clothes really feel much looser and I am aiming for size 16 jeans in 3 weeks and into the mid 14 stone range.
I love this diet, and know I will stick with it for the next three stones.
Julia

I wish I discovered s&s early only found out about it after joining lipotrim forum on here and converted straight away! Very pleased with the service from s&s and received a free shaker with my first order :)

I expect Rob does read it. He actually joined to answer our questions (not to promote or sell the products) in the very early days but was kicked off as apparently that's not allowed. I'm not quite sure how W8 employees are allowed to post, or people employed by CD or LL but there you go. Anyway, I bet he's with us in spirit :)

I am really pleased this forum has got busier too as initially I found it really quiet compared to the Lipotrim one which is pretty busy and really supportive. Glad to see it looks like we are now going the same way. I have actually stopped visiting the LT forum so much now this one has taken off more. Let's all do ur best to make it as good as it can be - I find the forum really supportive and look forward to entering my new weight etc each week - much better motivation than I ever found a Slimming World class!

I know what you mean about the forum being busy. I used to have a nosy around other forums a while ago when there were only a handful of posts on here a day but now that it's busy I don't even have time to keep up with all of the posts on this forum!

I think its really quite telling how the 2 busiest VLCD forums are Exante and S&S - the 'new kids on the block'

Never a day goes by without people leaving one VLCD to join one of them but you almost never see people leaving Exante or S&S for one of the more established ones.

I think people are realising that VLCDs are hard but there can be a certain amount of flexibility, something both S&S and Exante seem to realise and encourage and what do you know we STILL get the same losses as those on the others and save a fortune £ wise too - its just a win win situation ;)

Completely agree with you Starlight. I just know I could not have done LT again as I only liked one flavour and the thought of another several months on choc shakes was too off putting. As it was just so strict it was depressing to think about doing months on it again.

With S&S I really feel like I have choice and flexibility. Within tight boundaries of course but I still manage to feel normal and happy even tho the calorie intake is low, and my losses are fine too. And if you need to have a meal out or whatever there's no judgement about not being allowed it, just great advice about what to choose to limit the damage. I love this diet. I could stay on it forever (well not quite as I might be a bit thin at some point :)). However, I know that I could do it again some day IF I need to and I can't say the same about LT.

And I must be a reasonably good advert for the online VLCD as 2 people I work with are now looking into doing a VLCD, with one looking at Exante and the other looking at S&S.

Last edited:
So far I've introduced 2 people to S&S, both have done lighter life before but aren't prepared to pay their prices again.
It's def growing, because it's so great :)

I agree with Starlight too, I see posts from people on other VLCDs looking to start or try Exante or S&S but rarely the other way round! And BG you're right too- the flexibility and choice bring people to the web VLCDs. I've seen people being told off for talking about food on the LT forum, if anyone on here needed to know what to do on a particular night out everyone jumps in and advises!

I struggled like most of us with trying to lose weight on WW etc. The one thing which put me off a VLCD was the strictness. Only being able to drink water, no milk in coffee and the thought of all those months with no food at all.

I just ruled them all out completely until I read up on Exante and realised actually the occasional coke zero or skimmed milk in my coffee wasnt going to kill me :) Tell me what I MUST do is the one sure way of making sure I do the opposite. The mere fact I 'wasnt allowed' food on the others would have no doubt sent me running for the cupboard.. knowing that if Im struggling I CAN have some chicken etc generally means I dont bother.

Ive had a few nights out, one I went to a chinese buffet, ate nothing but meat with sauce scraped off ;) stayed in ketosis and still lost 4lbs that week.

For so many of us a VLCD isnt only a last resort but its for months at a time, flexibility is definitely keeps me on track and Im more than happy with the losses Im having :)

I struggled like most of us with trying to lose weight on WW etc. The one thing which put me off a VLCD was the strictness. Only being able to drink water, no milk in coffee and the thought of all those months with no food at all.

I just ruled them all out completely until I read up on Exante and realised actually the occasional coke zero or skimmed milk in my coffee wasnt going to kill me :) Tell me what I MUST do is the one sure way of making sure I do the opposite. The mere fact I 'wasnt allowed' food on the others would have no doubt sent me running for the cupboard.. knowing that if Im struggling I CAN have some chicken etc generally means I dont bother.

Ive had a few nights out, one I went to a chinese buffet, ate nothing but meat with sauce scraped off ;) stayed in ketosis and still lost 4lbs that week.

For so many of us a VLCD isnt only a last resort but its for months at a time, flexibility is definitely keeps me on track and Im more than happy with the losses Im having :)

Exactly my thoughts! How can we go back to eating in a normal fashion after being so strict we can't have something slightly different occasionally, like coke zero or cucumber! I think, well I know, if I was doing a shake-only plan or similar I would have already failed. I have my shake filled days, today has been 2 choc shakes and a bar cos I was out, but I love that I can think hmm, do I fancy another choc shake? Or a crispy one, or strawberry, or oooh porridge cookie, or perhaps chicken soup or cottage pie! I want to be able to make that kind of choice when I got to goal rather than feel so deprived of choice that I run through Asda and eat everything I grab!

I don't know if the shakes on Exante are as nice as S&S but I know that I will be using the choc shake and several other products during maintenance. Maybe not everyday but I will keep some in my cupboard to have as a meal when needed. From what I hear, I don't know if many people on LT would do that, seems to be viewing it as medicine is the norm! Not seen many posts like you see on here and Exante saying how much people love the products!

It's definitely the meals that has swung it for me! I feel a bit "normal!" I'm really looking forward to my dinner now instead of ooo what soup shall I have now yawn!

And I LOVE the lemon bar so much I think ill still have it when I'm finished!

The food packs are lovely. Most of them much nicer than on lighterlife - although there are a few LL ones that I prefer. I did LL and then a mix of LL and SnS as 4 packs a day - no veggies or milk - for over 6 months. It actually helped me as I think I needed to take a break from food in order to recognise my behaviour around food. After 6 months I'm at the point where I want to put my lessons into practice so I have recently moved to 3 packs and a protein meal. Am loving it!

its good to have some real food included to stop embarrassing conversations at work.

I'm not so much embarrassed about being on a VLCD but I just don't want the attention and questions from my colleagues. And if I fail, I think that's far too personal and intimate for all the work place to find out.

Not that I'm planning to fail but I always cover every eventuality - just the way I think !

Hi All

Well after reading all the reviews ive ordered a weeks worth of slim and save. I am curently do lipo trim and ive just had enough of boring shakes. Ive alreasy been substituting one of my shakes with atkins bar anyways so i feel i need to eat something so slim and save seems to be a great option. Im really looking forward to some different shakes and bars!! So i will be on lipotrim for another week and will be starting slim and save in Monday 27th Feb. So i look forward to joining you lot!! x

Back