I blew it on my first day!

cupovtay

Fridge Dodging
I need some help or someone to lock the fridge and pull out my teeth. I have gone over my points by loads today I am guessing. My allowance is 26 points a day. I have had all the right portion sizes at meal times but its the in betweens I have messed up with.

My food intake today.

40g special k
1/2 pint whole milk
2 slices of WW white danish (toasted and lightly buttered with low fat spread)
WW chocolate cake bar
2 WW pitta breads
Handful of mixed lettuce leaves
6 slices of cucumber
6 slices of wafer thin ham
Toasted teacake with extra light margarine spread
WW ham & pineapple pizza (yuck only ate half)
WW Chips (best ever)
2 slices WW white danish (lightly buttered with low fat spread)
another WW chocolate cake bar
- it was at this point i really knew i had blew it...
Glass of coke cola (about 230ml)
A bag of blue m&m's
and now I want another toasted tea cake. Oh and through out the day I have eaten about 10-15 green seedless grapes.

I am a pig!

I feel bad. Not sure wether to try again tomorrow or just say stuff it!

Aww bless ya, best thing to do is to just brush it under the carpet and forget about it tomorrow is another day as they say.
Try and find the time to make yourself some 0 point soup for times when temptation strikes, I always have a pot ready and waiting on the go it just takes the edge off moments when you could be prone to stuff down the whole packet of ww cakes lol
Tomorrow will be a good day hun

Oh Sweetie, don't give up! If at first you don't succeed.... and all that! lol The amount of times I've screwed up on Day 1 of the diet is probably in the 100's! Stick at it and sooner or later, something should click inside! It did with me! Mind you I haven't got much room to talk at the mo, as I ate ALL DAY long yesterday and probably gone over my points today too! It is hard, but we are all here to support you. Like you said your meals were fine it's just the snacks (which are my downfall too!).
Like Babooshka said... start afresh tomorrow Hun!!!!!
Goodluck, I'll be checking in on you to see how your day pans out tomorrow!
Love Vicky x

Thanks ladies your all so supportive and it really helps. I am gonna be super dooper good today. Gonna busy myself making 0 point soups to stop me fridge dipping. Thank heavens for you lot. I woke up this morning thinking. 'Hmph' - 'What am I going to do' thank you again. You know... I think it might help if I kick my hubby and kids out because then there will be no temptation!

As everyone else has said, it isn't the end of the world. Draw a line, take a deep breath and start again today. At times like this I always revisit my WHY, you know, the reason that I have decided on my new lifestyle and that usually spurs me on. Also, as I have said before, get something motivational on the fridge door... a photo, a message or even a copy of my cartoon! The zero point soup idea is brilliant and also look at what other zero point treats you can have. I prefer cherry tomatoes wrapped in pieces of healthy choice ham. I could easily eat a whole pack of tomatoes with 2 slices of ham, which certainly fills a gap but is only 1 point for the lot, and afterwards you feel so good that you didn't give in and have a chocolate bar instead. If the devils munchies attack you and you simply must have something sweet, it doesn't mean you fail in any way. Maybe try to look at your diet as a day to day thing. If you go over one day, just start fresh the next day.

Make sure and keep us posted on your progress, we are all here to help. :)

Gerry

I am doing fantastic today. You lot got me motivated to actually do something other than mope about how fat I am and how I can't do it, and how its too hard blah blah. 'Shut Up!' I said to the growl coming from my stomach, that was making me wanna slip into Greggs at lunch. Well done me I say! lol. I feel that it's gone so well today so far.

I measured out my 1 pint of semi skimmed milk this morning and used some of it for my breakfast which was 40g of Special K. The rest will be used on cupsovtay :)
I had nothing to eat at all then until 2:30 as i went shopping for ingredients to throw into soups.
For lunch I had 1 yummy ww pitta bread (1tsp of ICBINB Light) with lettuce, red onion, cucumber and 2 slices of ham.
Then i had a banana and a big glass of water to fill me up. I am going to try having dinner later than usual.

Now I don't think thats too bad personally. lol. I put it all in my online tracker and its only 10 points so far. Leaving me 16 points. I also have to give myself praise today for not picking up a can of red bull to drink while I walked round morrisons. I do this everytime I go shopping and hand over a empty can when I get to the tills. I also resisted temptation when my son was screaming for chocolate and I picked up only one kit kat for him instead of picking us both something up. Woop Woop me! lol.
This is a brief recipe/ingredients list of the soups I made when I got back from shopping. Now I know they are not all 0 point foods but I made 10 soups out of it all and I dont mind having these soups at lunch so I am going to count them as 1.5 points each. Let me know if you think it should be more.

Chicken Noodle Doodle - 1 chicken breast (cooked in 1 spray of fry light prior to boiling), 2 mushrooms cleaned, half a yellow pepper, handful of white rice noodles and a clove of garlic cooked in 500ml of chicken stock. Made 4 snack pots.

Chicken Stir Fry Soup - Sounds disgusting doesnt it. lol. Its actually really nice. 1 chicken breast, 2 handfulls of morrisons own vegetable stir fry (bean sprouts, red onion, sweet corn, peppers etc) 500ml of chicken stock and another clove of garlic. (i like garlic can you tell :) ) Made 4 pots

BCC Soup - I used a bag of morrisons veg (Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower) I cut the brocolli into small florrets and chopped the cauliflower but left the carrots sliced. This was by mistake actually but gave the soup a bit of bite€. I also used 2 chopped onions, 2 cloves of garlic crushed, 1500ml vegetable stock.

I tried a spoonfull of them all and they were all really really nice. I have never cooked soups from scratch before and was surprised by how quick it was to do. It would be helpful if someone could let me know if I am getting anything wrong or if anyone has any idea on the points of these as I pretty much guessed.

Well done Cup, see I knew you could do it. Red Bull is the devil's drink and I should know I used to down about 3 cans a day... EVERY DAY! Your will power today has been outstanding and you have every right to be proud of yourself. Keep it up!
- Gerry

:clap: yay me :p Thanks OBID XXX Red bull is deff going to be the hardest thing for me. Up until yesterday I used to drink 5-6 cans minimum a day and I could easily down upto 10. I have done really well but I have been really light headed today and I'm not sure if it's cos of that or if its something else. Thanks for the support. How are you getting on today?

tar me owd mukka lol. wudnt it b bostin if we cud tork lark this all the time lol. TBH i dont even think i would be able to read it. The soups are really nice. I just sat down to my dinner which is WW chips (last time this week tho) I have just just had 2 portions of that and lettuce. lol. I aint that hungry atm but needed to eat a meal now and save me fridge dipping before and after dinner. lol. How you getting on today?

:clap: yay me :p Thanks OBID XXX Red bull is deff going to be the hardest thing for me. Up until yesterday I used to drink 5-6 cans minimum a day and I could easily down upto 10. I have done really well but I have been really light headed today and I'm not sure if it's cos of that or if its something else. Thanks for the support. How are you getting on today?
Hi Cup. I'm having a grand day today, thanks for asking. When I first started my new lifestyle I got very bad headaches for the first week or so and that was because of the red bull addiction I had. You gotta keep strong and as I said before, keep visiting your WHY and you'll keep on track.

Hi Cup. I'm having a grand day today, thanks for asking. When I first started my new lifestyle I got very bad headaches for the first week or so and that was because of the red bull addiction I had. You gotta keep strong and as I said before, keep visiting your WHY and you'll keep on track.

Woop Woop for your good day. Well done you. Seems everyones doing good today so well done all of us. I have been having the headaches too but I put that down to dehydration as I haven't been drinking as much, I spose that is because I have laid off the Red Bull. Makes sense. Clever you. I have found a cheaper alternative tonight which is only 3 points for a 500ml bottle. Its called best-in stimultion drink. No frills red bull really. It does taste really similar and for the next few days I am going to put 3 points away and have a bottle a day. Not really any good for me but I think it will make life easier for me as I find drinking more filling than eating sometimes and I really can't stand diet drinks. Accept for coke zero, are there any points in that?

Water is the key Cup, really it is. In my old life I would never have drank water with anything but now I consume 2 litres a day, of course it helps that it's natural spring water I drink and not that stuff out of the tap! ;) Coke zero is fine and I always have a can or two in the fridge because full fat coke was another one of my addictions and since starting I haven't had full fat coke once. Coke zero is definitely the nearest thing.

Well done me old fruit lol told you today would be a fantastic day first day of any diet is always hard the minute you say the D I E T word to your brain it atomatically feels ravenous like you could eat a horse and chase it's rider round the stable lol trick is to never let yourself get starving always have something low pointed for times of munchies another good one is sticks of celery carrots cherry tomtoes etc and a dip made from 0 percent fat Greek yogurt or ww creme frais add crushed garlic and dip away a cocktail stick comes in handy for stabbing the cherry toms otherwise you end up a wee bit messy. The soups sound delish by the way loving the sound of the noodle doodle 1.5 sounds about right Ohh and did I say well done hen

I love fat coke, i can only drink fizzy fat pop anyway dont do diet pops they taste like metal i think. and fat coke is so refreshing. Surprisingly though coke zero is pretty much the same to my tastebuds. Maybe its because I'm a smoker and everything tastes slightly of cardboard anyway. Who knows but coke zero i can do.

Well done you ATM... A five mile walk and your not fast asleep yet? lol. It would have killed me! lol. I did walk round morrisons and to the bus stop pmsl. Doesn't really count does it. lol. Bet you earned yourself a few bonus points there chick. Gud on ya! Lasagne sounds so yummy yet so complicated. lol. I have got to say that the WW chips are the best oven chips I have ever had. If I were you though I would cook the for an extra 5 mins per portion as they take a while to crisp but that could just be my oven. They are deff worth a try and they are on offer in morrisons till feb i think. There are lots of WW stuff half price or discounted there at the minute. My leader told me they are looking to stock the whole WW range there so their having this big promotion to get people noticing they sell ww stuff there i spose.

I posted the same message twice so had to edit... sorry

Cheers Babooshka. I loved making the soups and would never have had the idea without you lot. Your a god send. I prob would have just ended up scoffing crap all day and giving up by friday if I didn't have you lot backing me. I think every dieter should use minimins. Its fab. The noodle doodle is my fav one I think but I did really enjoy them all and surprisingly I realy enjoyed creating them. I am not very adventurous with food so those recipes worked great for me. Might go heat myself one up in a bit for my bedtime filler. lol. I get so peckish this time of night and I am deff gonna do the cherry tomato n dip tomorrow, sounds sexy don't it lol. Or is that just me. lol. I bet I could pull some moves with that recipe. pmsl. Oh dear... Look at me... lack of sugar and I'm going all silly sally! lol. How was your day. I have a feeling your a top banana and never have a bad day ;)

Ohh forgot to say Nic that Lasagne was heaven you need the recipe Cup that and a small portion of ww chips will have em saying thought you were on a diet so it will lol

Yeah where is the recipe??? Is it like the frozen ww lasagne? Does it have some funky veg in there? I can't eat things like asparagus, corguettes or aubergines. I dont know how to. lol.

Back