Extra Easy I can lose a stone in 57 days! I bleedin' hope!

agee86

I've decided that I need a SW thread of my own to document my monumental failure at Slimming World...

The story so far:
> Started SW on 5th May 2016
> Wanted to lose 2lb per week to get me to 3st by my holiday (30th September)
> Have lost 7.5lb in total so far. That's 1.5lb per week less than I wanted!
> Went to Madrid a couple of weeks ago and was absolutely disgusted at some of the photos to come out of that holiday.
>Am now more determined than ever.

Good loss last week, 2lbs. Weigh in tonight.
Weighed on my home scales this morning and, according to them, I've maintained this week. Which is absolute crud because I've been so good - apart from the Mexican I had last week (which I synned) and about 5 sweets at the cinema at the weekend.

I'm not going to lie and say I've been a saint 100% of the time, we have have our little slip ups but, I've been on plan for at least 80% of the time.

Anyway - this is the start of my diary. There will be a lot of moaning, maybe some swearing (starred out of course) and maybe even some weight loss - but I'm not pinning too much hope on that because I'm clearly useless at it!

Keep me in your prayers people!

So... Went to weigh in last night.
Put on a lb!
I genuinely don't understand!
So easy for me to just have a blow out weekend now but, as disheartened and upset as I am, I'm not defeated!

I went straight to Sainsburys after weigh in and bought a load of speed food! I'm not letting this get the better of me! I am gonna do this!

So, today's food will be as follows:
B: Strawbs, Raspberries and Blueberries with FF Natural Yog
L: Pasta n Sauce - Spicy Arrabiatta (I dunno if that's even spelt right) (F)
D: SW meal from Iceland - Sausage Paella I think
HExa: 200ml Choc Soya Milk
HExB: 35 Pistachio Nuts
I'm saving my syns for a night out tomorrow, I've changed my drink from Kopparberg (16.5 syns!!) to G&Slimline for 3 syns per 25ml!
I will be snacking on Watermelon and Blueberries throughout the day and evening.

I'm not letting this beat me!!!

Last edited:
Hi @agee86 ! here to follow :) Don't be too disheartened, I started at the beginning of may and by June had lost 2lb - total. Was so gutted. But the last few weeks I've really managed to get to grips with it and lost 3lb in july and 1lb so far this month, so it's finally working! You'll find your groove don't worry!

Thank you Heather! I'm glad I'm not the only one having the struggle.

How was your weekend? Mine wasn't very 'on plan' cuz I was away on a hen do but it was actually better than I expected, no crazy extravagances. Didn't even drink a lot! 6 weeks till my hol, half a stone to go, I finally feel like it's do-able.

So errr... This weekend didn't go strictly as planned...

Saturday
Breakfast/Lunch
- Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries with Fat Free Yogurt.
Snacks - 2x Plums, 100g Garlic Sausage (6), Cornichons
And then the evening came. I went along to our local annual Seafood and Cider festival. I had the best intentions to stick to Gin & Slimline all night (I love a cider but after finding that there's at least a 10 syn difference between the two, I've changed my drink!!). I had 2 G&T's and then saw the range of cider on offer. I decided to try just one, it was strawberry, and it was bloody delightful! I ended up having no more G&T and about 7 ciders. Whoops! Then, when we got home, the boyf ordered me a donner. I didn't eat it all but, it was still a terrible thing to do!!

Sunday
Breakfast/Lunch - Mushroom Omelette
Snacks - A couple of plums
Dinner - Roast Gammon (Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself), Boiled Baby Potatoes, Carrots, Fine Green Beans & Tenderstem Broccoli.
Syns - Gravy (2), G&SLT (2.5), 50ml Choc Soya Milk (1), Mini Twister (2.5)

I got straight back on it yesterday and was really pleased with myself for doing so!

Today
Breakfast - Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries with Fat Free Yogurt
Lunch - Pasta with left over Gammon, Cherry Tomatoes, Pepper, Red Onion. 2x TBSP Light Mayo (4) - there is some of this left over for tomorrows lunch but will count all mayo syns today.
Snacks - 2x Plums, 2x Satsumas, Raspberries, Blueberries and a HiFi Bar.
This seems like soooooo much food but I really need to up my speed food intake so I'm going with it - Plus the Raspberries and Blueberries needed to be eaten. I probably won't eat it all but I've got it all with me at work.

I'm the same weight as weigh in day according to my scales at home but, Saturday night has got something to do with that :-/

Gotta keep at this!

Well done for getting straight back on it! That was the hardest part for me, having a bad day then thinking "f**k it, the weekend's ruined, may as well continue eating whatever", it held me back for a long time. But one bad day won't ruin anything so keep up the good work!

I'm not too sure how I managed to get straight back on it though if I'm honest... Maybe it's my new found determination but I would normally be in the 'f**k it' club. I just worry that the amount of food I'm eating is going to have a bad affect on me but, I suppose not eating a lot hasn't exactly worked so it's worth a try - defo adding in more speed because I have definitely lacked that. Before I would've just had that pasta with the gammon and mayo but I wanted to speed so I had to bulk it out. Doing that has also left me enough for lunch tomorrow too so I'll be saving money as well lol.
I'm really hoping for a good loss this week, I wanna say 3-4lb but knowing my luck it'll just be the 1 I put on last week.

I'm destined to not loose any more than 7.5 lbs I think :(

Well done for not over indulging on your hen do, it's so difficult when everyone else is so care free isn't it?

Don't worry so long as you're eating loads of the right kind of food then it doesn't matter, get those speed foods in! Are you drinking enough water too?

And don't be disheartened, you can do this, we just need to find what works and stick with it.

I find it really hard with other people, they just seem to eat everything and offer it to me and I used to struggle to resist, but it's getting easier. I've started thinking do I actually want to eat that or am I eating it for the sake of it because everyone else is?

I am drinking lots of water, well, I'm drinking a litre a day at work and then maybe a glass or two at home so I think that's enough.

I'm not so disheartened anymore... I jumped on my scales this morning and, although they're slightly out to the group ones, I am looking at a loss - what they say I won't tell you in case I jinx it lol.

I find it hard to resist too! We have people visiting the offices at work and they always bring doughnuts etc - I genuinely cannot resist! I totally eat because everyone else is! There's one girl in my office, also doing SW and cheats every single week, she still loses, it's infuriating!

This week so far I've been so good! I've impressed myself! Some one bought some choc chip mini muffins and mini choc rolls into work yesterday and I didn't touch one! Not even a sniff!

On Monday for dinner I had some chicken (which I made the boyf skin before cooking - such an acheivement lol) and this made concoction that I made... So Yummy!
It was:
1 Courgette
1 Red Onion
250g Mushrooms
1 Pepper
1 Chilli
Chilli Flakes (Just a spinkle)
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
Sprinkle of Parsley
4 Bay Leaves
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree

Mixed it all together and had the most amazing dinner - went really well with the chicken. My boyf doesn't eat stuff like that so there was a lot there, which I spread out and had for dinner last night too with some pork :) Took about 20 mins. I'll be making it again!

I've found I'm snacking on more speed foods this week, or making an effort to anyway, instead of just free foods and I think that's having a massive impact. Both on my diet and the fullness I'm feeling. I've also been making sure I'm having both healthy extras each day too, the last couple of weeks I've slipped a bit on them!

So far, it's been a really good week (bar the slip up at the cider festival lol) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm really hoping it shows on the scales tomorrow night!

:0clapper:Very well done on resisting, proud of you! It does get easier I promise. I always feel really proud of myself for resisting and that spurs me on to continue.

That chicken sounds nice, was it spicy with the chilli and peppers etc? I find chicken so boring, I need it to be covered in sauce etc.

It sounds like you're back o plan properly this week, fingers crossed for a loss!

:0clapper:Very well done on resisting, proud of you! It does get easier I promise. I always feel really proud of myself for resisting and that spurs me on to continue.

That chicken sounds nice, was it spicy with the chilli and peppers etc? I find chicken so boring, I need it to be covered in sauce etc.

It sounds like you're back o plan properly this week, fingers crossed for a loss!

It was a little spicy, but not too much. I'm a fan of spice though so if you're not, I wouldn't put the chilli AND the chilli flakes in lol.

I am back on plan 100% this week, although having my usual weekly weigh day wobble today.

My scales at home are so much kinder to me than the group ones, both morning and evening, so if I don't see what I want on the scales this evening, I shall be continuing the plan from home and weighing each week on my own.

I really can't afford and don't want to go and spend £5 every week to be told I'm not losing when my scales at home tell me a whole different story - they're slightly out but they're showing a steady loss.

We'll see later... I'm already nervous. Hopefully that'll shed some lbs lol

Let me know how you get on later, fingers crossed for you! I really can't afford SW so I do it from home and just go to Boots every week for 50p a time as their scales are more accurate than my bathroom ones. That could be an idea for you?

Let me know how you get on later, fingers crossed for you! I really can't afford SW so I do it from home and just go to Boots every week for 50p a time as their scales are more accurate than my bathroom ones. That could be an idea for you?

Ooh that would be a really good idea - I don't live near enough to a Boots that has one that I could go to every week though :(

I think my scales are ok, they are out to the SW scales but I know how much by as weighed on both within 10 mins of each other.

Thing is, the woman at work doing it with me is only ever about 50% on plan (during the working day she's about 25% on plan) and she loses every week, bar one week where she put on 2.5lbs after a holiday. It really gets me down... But, we can do this!!!!

Will let ya know how it goes later!

That's a shame. Might be worth just weighing in at one once a month then? Keep track a little, make sure the bathroom scales are tallying? But I guess if you know what your's are out by it's not that bad.

Ignore the woman at work, she sounds most irritating. And people's bodies react differently to different things. My MIL can lose 3 stone just by cutting out chocolate whereas I've overhauled my whole diet and am only losing 1lb a week. Don't worry what other people are doing, focus on you and being a healthier version of you and the weight loss will follow. I believe in you!

That's a shame. Might be worth just weighing in at one once a month then? Keep track a little, make sure the bathroom scales are tallying? But I guess if you know what your's are out by it's not that bad.

Ignore the woman at work, she sounds most irritating. And people's bodies react differently to different things. My MIL can lose 3 stone just by cutting out chocolate whereas I've overhauled my whole diet and am only losing 1lb a week. Don't worry what other people are doing, focus on you and being a healthier version of you and the weight loss will follow. I believe in you!

Thank you so much! It's great this place, all the support I want and everyone is so lovely!

I lost 3lb last night!!!

I was so happy! That's exactly what I wanted to see on the scales so the group has me for one more week lol.

Totally motivated me to keep up what I'm doing!

4.5lbs to go for my 1st award! That's my next goal, it's taken me so long but finally, it's started to work out!

Ah thank you! I was so happy.
I think maybe last week gave me the kick up the arse I needed to follow the plan 100%. I'd had a bit of a relaxed attitude towards it if I'm honest and just didn't realise how important speed food and healthy extras were, I was just doing the free foods really.

It did occur to me last night that whenever I've done slimming world before I always lost on green days but never on red and I suppose this week has been more of a green week so that must be why!

More determined than ever now, I can clearly do it, I've just gotta stick to it. Just need to keep my focus. 50(ish) days until my holiday!

Do you have a diary on here Heather? Would love to follow it!

So... This weekend wasn't too bad!

Friday, went for a couple of drinks after work. Stuck to the G&slT this time though, and synned them. Got home and wasn't so good. Boyf wanted a takeaway so we ordered in a kebab but I only (only she says) had a chicken shish (small) in a wrap (which I didn't eat). No sauce or salad, and a few chips.

Saturday
No Breakfast
Brunch: Mushroom & Ham Omelette
Dinner: Chilli and Wedges (homemade so free)
Snacks: Speedy fruit - but not enough!
HExA: 200ml Choc Soya Milk
HExB: 2x Benefit Bars
Syns: G&slT, Mini Twister

All in all, a good on plan day, not enough speed foods though.

Sunday
Breakfast: 2x SW sausages, 1x Egg, Mushrooms
Lunch: Melon, Plums, Nectarines
Dinner: Roast Pork, Actifry Roasted Potatoes, Brocolli, Carrots, Green Beans, Gravy
HExA: 200ml Choc Soya Milk
HExB: 2x Benefit Bars
Syns: Gravy, Veg Oil, Mini Twister - Total 11 (ish)

Again, not enough speed foods but, happy to have declined the Yorkshire Puds!

Monday
Breakfast: Frozen Berries and Natural Yogurt
Lunch: Pasta with Mayo, cheery tomatoes, peppers and spring onions
Dinner: Not sure yet
Snacks: Watermelon, Nectarine, Plum, Strawberries, Grapes
HExA: Choc Soya Milk
HExB: 2 Benefit Bars

Today I'm happy with the snack choices, lots of speed food today. I will have some meat with a speedy tomato sauce for dinner, although not sure what. I will probably throw something together again.

I really want to make myself a chicken curry using the famous Mayflower Curry Powder, I've been thinking about it all weekend, so I will probably have a go at some point this week.

Still feeling pretty motivated, hopped on my scales this morning and showing a 2lb loss so far (although not holding my breath on that one).

Back