I like MIM's....YES!!! I LIKE MIM'S!!!!!!

LOL Jim, a bit daft of me eh?!?

I did'nt like the texture of the mim either but once i got into phase2 i would split the mix 50/50 between flax and ground almonds:)

How do you make the MIM pancakes??! xx

Now your asking! I'm not following a plan atm, i was on slimming world but had no sucsess so going back to Atkins in June (after my holidays).

You're in luck, i found my old fitday logs

For 12 muffins it worked out as 72.7g carbs, 54.8g fibre, 17.9 net carbs.

So for 1 muffin 1.5 net carbs. I used to have two at a time with plenty of water, would keep you full for a while!

Sorry didn't really answer your question about the difference but it's not to much carbs.

FLAXSEED PANCAKES

2 eggs
3 tablespoons of milled flaxseed
bit of cream
some splenda

It`s really up to you how much you put in, until it looks like normal pancake mix then fry with bit of butter.
I also add cinammon or nutmeg.

add more butter once cooked or cream

Yummy................

Now your asking! I'm not following a plan atm, i was on slimming world but had no sucsess so going back to Atkins in June (after my holidays).

You're in luck, i found my old fitday logs

For 12 muffins it worked out as 72.7g carbs, 54.8g fibre, 17.9 net carbs.

So for 1 muffin 1.5 net carbs. I used to have two at a time with plenty of water, would keep you full for a while!

Sorry didn't really answer your question about the difference but it's not to much carbs.

Wow they work out less when doing it your way!

FLAXSEED PANCAKES

2 eggs
3 tablespoons of milled flaxseed
bit of cream
some splenda

It`s really up to you how much you put in, until it looks like normal pancake mix then fry with bit of butter.
I also add cinammon or nutmeg.

add more butter once cooked or cream

Yummy................

Yummers! I'm going to try that. Thanks babe xx

Mine are likey to be smaller:) Mine only has 172 kcals per muffin, if memory serves me right the standard one has 243 kcals

Last edited:
Its not the size that matters zimara!!!!
Mets, they come out more like the little american pancakes than our big ones. Oh and dont forget to add in some cinammon if you want them sweet. I didnt and they were very savory tasting but what a treat!

Roger that Cheryl! :D I'm not a fan of our pancakes actually, so I'm hoping these will be good. I love MIMs (as you know!) so i'm sure I will

Right. I am trying another mim. I have just brought some Virginia harvest (sounds like tabacco)- cold milled flaxseed but this one is golden and only 1g of carbs per 100g. Fingers crossed for this one!

ooh let me know if the golden one is nicer - did you get it from sainsburys?

i still dont like the mim. tastes just like egg to me :(

Try using two eggs per four or five MIMs. You'll need to add a bit more water or cream or both to make up the fluid.

I only tried one egg/one MIM, the one time. After that I used half as many eggs and extra water and they turn out utterly mouthwatering!

I can never find linseed in Sainsburys. Where do they keep it?

ooh exciting :D
GG thanks I used one maybe thats what was wrong. how big a mug do people use?

So only use half an egg??! Eh??! I'm confused!

I use quite a tall mug (if there is such a thing!) as mine always seem to rise up, out and over a normal size mug...

I just use a normal tea mug. Its in the baking aisle near to all the flours. Ok so my verdict is.............Golden mim's dont change the texture too much but do taste much nicer. Oh and try maiking a little frosting. I tried the cream cheese with a little splenda but too cheese like so that was scrapped for a little whipped cream, a little splenda and a tiny bit of coco powder. OMFG its delicious.

Back