I REALLY want this....but ive been very NAUGHTY!!!!

Welcome novice and well done for starting your dit journey through lipotrim, the results are fast and you'll soon be looking and feeling great. When next year is your wedding?

I get married Fri 23rd of May this year! 12 weeks on Fri!!! I tried dieting so many times last year and each time gave up after a week or so, but then finally on boxing night that just passed it clicked and I started lipo for the last time the very next day, its been great this time, I finally kept going and I see changes every single week. I bought my dress last september as I was told it would take about 6 months to arrive. I asked at the time if I could order it in, in a smaller size but I was not allowed as they said they had too many brides in the past doing that and some not managing to lose the weight intended (although i do believe some dress shops will let you do this if you sign a contract) So I got measured at the weight I was in Sept. From Sept to Dec I failed so manytimes but like I said started lipo on the 27th, with each weigh in I have been spurred on and all the while thinking about going back to the dress shop and hopefully the dress will be hanging off me! They said if I do lose weight the dress can be taken in no probs, I cant wait to see their faces when i roll up nearly 3 stones lighter!

When I went looking for dresses, I didnt try many on as I hated the fact most of the sample dresses were size 12's - apparantly they look better!! I did most of my searching on line and went to a few dress shops, I found alot of them were quite snooty but then went out of town and found THE DRESS and the service was great, the sample dress of course was too small but they pinned it all nicely for me to get a feel for the style, they got me in loads of different styles so I was sure in my head I had tried many dif styles. So I suppose you just have to do what suits you? If you have time it may be an idea to wait til you have lost a bitty then it will allow you try on without feeling horrible.

x

Pinapple congrats on getting married!!
It really has flown in the time on LT, I love that alot of us started around the same time so it's like sharing sucsess!! I've still a long way to go but i feel so much happier everyday!
Walking down our long office to HR, I feel like a different more confident person! And the HR girlies all know I'm doing it now have have taken to telling me how fab i'm looking these days! GIRL POWER!! and man power fattothin!

xxx

Thankyou Dasiy happy, I really am so excited and for the first time in many years, I know I will be feelign much better about my figure. I dont want to sound big headed, but I ahve always been happy with my face, its below that thats always been a prob. Haven said that am much much much more happier with my face now the weight is coming off as well! ALL ROUND AM JUST HAPPY! whoo hoo! We are getting married in Cyprus, and I actually know this year I can wear lovely clothes and have my pick of them, I'll not be covering up or thinking oh well no one knows me anyway (cause 45 people are gonna know me!!) I'm hoping for the first time in my entire life I will be able to buy some bikinis and wear them with pride - just need to work on my jelly belly!!!

You'll be setting your next goal very soon -what you gonna aim for next?
x

Thanks girls,
Just wonderin when the food cravings will go? I see some of you are having blips even months into the programme ! Maybe your right, best to look at dresses when I'm happier with my body as I know what I'm like, if i feel fat it just makes me depressed and then i head for the fridge to perk me up which in turn puts the weight on and I feel worse. Well I'm sure you's already know, we're all in the same boat here.
I was thinking about not getting weighed this week and wait till end of month so I will have a good weight loss on the scales. I was in a slimming club til Jan, lost nearly 2 stone, it was coming down in 1lbs and 2lbs so thats why i decided to try this. I need a big weight loss every week to keep me motivated for the next week.
I'm getting married next summer and want to feel great walking up the aisle.
Thanks for the advice about sample dresses being a size 12, I think i'll wait till i'm that size so! You must be so nervous about the wedding. I'm wondering will eat the normal 5 course meal or watch what your eating that day :)

We are getting married in Cyprus at the Elysium (Elysium Hotel Cyprus - 5 Star luxury Hotel Resort) and have opted for a the restuarant that is over looking the ocean (I incorporated this into my invites saying we will dine as the sun-sets of the ocean!! - romantic?!) we decided instead of a formal sit down 5 course meal we are havign our very own chef outside with us who is gonna do a fancy BBQ - Now dont worry there wont be a burger or hot dog in site, its all gonna be lovely fresh salads, pasta, meat, sea food etc. We wanted something different and we figure this will go down a treat. There will be starters and desserts too so people can eat as much or as little as they want. I will deffo be enjoying my food agin by then, but am sure I will be satisfyed with much smaller portions and I hope I will have developed loads of new healthy eating habbits. Oh we have also opted for one of those choc foundtains instead of boring old wedding cake -that only oldies like!! We are gonna have that at the evening reception! I'll be first in line for that one!

Sounds like its going to be a wonderful day. I'm just so nervous about eating normal again, I hope i will be able to enjoy food again when i get into the re-feeding zone. I just hope I wont be obsessed with food , I know I'm not getting married til next year but I'm already thinking , gosh I'm not going to have starter or dessert on the day as i dont want to put on the weight !
I go from one extreme to the other :banghead:

I am now in the frame of mind thinking if I can do this then I can do anything! Its all abotu starting new eating habbits. Try not to be worying about that too soon, and just focus on losing the weight first, am sure once your at goal you will not let yourself go back. I used to tell myself it would be easier once I was closer to goal and am not positive it really is. I am gonna weigh myself twice a week and sort out an extra lb or two before its an extra stone or two!
x

It's so true, if we can literally give up food we can DEFO eat well.
I'm starting to get into the frame of mind that my body is(well, will be) my temple!
I want to treat it well and put only good stuff in it.
Oh gawd Pinapple it will be amazing, I almost wish i was getting married just so I could rob your fab idea!!!

xx

Thats the attitude to have, by the sounds of tings you will never be overweight again!
So have u had much of a social life while on this LT? I know people that go to clubs and restaurants with their friends and drank water :eek: ! !
And how about taking painkillers? I have been ill since the weekend and was told that if I didnt want to take an anti-biotic i was allowed to have paracetamol. Do you know if this will effect my weight loss?

I MEANT TO SAY AM NOW POSITIVE IT IS EASIER TO KEEP YOUR IDEAL WEIGHT WHEN YOUR CLOSER, NOT THAT AM NOT SO POSITIVE!!

i TOOK ANTIBIOTICS FOR 3 WEEKS AND WAS FINE. NO, NOT A HUGE SOCIAL LIFE, BUT I WASNA REALLY ONE FOR OUT CLUBBING ANYWAYS! I AM MUCH MORE ENJOYING MY WEEKENDS DRINK FREE WITH NO HANGOVERS! I HAVE GOT LOADS DOWN ROUND THE HOUSE SINCE STARTING LIPO. HAVE MISSED GOING OUT TO NICE RESTAIRANTS THO, BUT THEY THEY'LL STILL BE THERE WHEN AM FINISHED!

LOL DAISY!! WELL JUST KEEP IT IN MIND FOR WHEN YOU DO GET MARRIED!x

Hey,

Pineapple, Whens your dress fitting again?

Novice, I too am getting married next year. I was putting off going to look for dresses, about a month ago i decided to book a date to go try on dresses with my bridesmaids, thats this sat :) I feel better with my size so am happy to start looking for dresses :)

Oh, by the way... do you get the feeling that David isnt coming back to read comments posted!!

Lizzie, its this fri I have dress trial - woo hoo! I bet your really excited for Sat as well, cant wait to hear how you get on, you'll feel much better with yourself now you have loast loads fo weight.

I get that same impression re david! I hope he does read the comments as am sure it would help him.,

Wooo:) Let me know how it goes!! Actually i am sure it will be the first thing you do when you get home :)

Also, i read your post about that dress shop that you went to that most of the dresses were size 12... i hope its not the same where i am going.... i'm not a 12 yet.. i dont want to be dissapointed!!

RE David, I have an aunt that wanted to give lipo a go, from the start she kept cheating and making excuses for cheating, i would try to help her but she just wasnt helping herself. So she has given up and plans to follow a "healthy eating" plan.....! So unfortunately she has decided to lose the fight with the battle of the bulge. From the start when David started posting and making excuses and complaining, I had a feeling he just wouldnt suceed. Shame really. I guess there are some people that just prefer lying to themselves than taking a good diet seriously. Lol, well thats my babble over with!!

Hi David
We all make mistakes & we all have are own problems, but u are just feeling sorry 4 yourself some of us felt like that on the first week because we could not eat, but you just have to stick 2 it, i hope you started lipotrim again today & when your family are having dinner just say no or go out 4 a walk, it is hard David but once you get past the 1st week you will having no problems with stick 2 it, best of luck & keep in touch with us.

Oh lizzie, you know me too well already huh! Just try and stop me posting when i get back! LOL!

Yeah, its all too easy to make excuses, and I am by far not a saint on diets either but I take responsibility for all my actions and dont try and make false excuses!

Even if the dresses are size 12's dont worry as they can pin them into place. Also remember that just because they say a certain size on the hanger they are not a true size. Usually they are made smaller - am not putting you off just dont feel disheartened. Not all shops are the same, i went to another shop that did huge sizes. a good shop will have a variety. Even if they dont fasten (which am sure they will as your into the 11stones -woop woop) they can pin them into place so you get a good idea, how they are.
x

Dying to find out how you's get on girls, You's can give me a list of all the does and dont,s re wedding dress fittings!
And David, I'm sure ur happy at the moment if ur stuffing ur face, but not long term- you'll be posting here again shortly , telling us how terrible u feel.
I hate that feeling of gaining weight :)

Dying to find out how you's get on girls, You's can give me a list of all the does and dont,s re wedding dress fittings!
And David, I'm sure ur happy at the moment if ur stuffing ur face, but not long term- you'll be posting here again shortly , telling us how terrible u feel.
I hate that feeling of gaining weight :)

lol

I will be posting about my dress fittings. Not sure when, may be sunday:) But will deff let you know :)

Novice, I laughed out loud there!! Aye food does make you feel great when your eating it, its afterwards aint it! I cant wait to be eating healthily and truly looking after what I put in my mouth, I never want to feel groce again! I will never use the excuse that am too busy to cook, I mean come off it pineapple, how long does a salad take to make?!! I always used that excuse - no more tho!!!

Back