I skipped attack phase...

biowidget

is that really bad?

I've lost 1.5 stones on Cambridge then got annoyed with my consultant and quit.

I had 3 weeks where I just counted calories having 1000 per day of just protein and veg and all-bran. Then l've had one week where I just ate whatever I wanted but I didn't go mad

and now I started Dukan yesterday - had all protein except I had 1 tomato at dinner and some green leaves/cucumber with my lunch.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has skipped this phase/not followed it completely stricktly and if anything bad happened?
Thanks!

The attack phase is really important - I can't imagine too many people on Dukan would skip it as it's an integral part of the diet. It's the kick start you need. 1 tomato and green leaves doesn't sound bad, and I'm sure nothing bad will happen, but a lot of it is to do with getting your head round it and feeling you're doing the best you can. Also, if you skip attack, there isn't that feeling of achievement and reward when you get to cruise.

That's just my take on it, biowidget :)

If you read the book at back it states that in certain circumstances you dont have to do attack stage and go straight onto cruise x

Nothing bad will happen, worry not.

BUT, without attack, you're not in ketosis yet, so you'll not be losing weight as fast as you could be. Not in itself a problem either, depending on your current weight and level of patience.

Can you fill in your User CP (top of page in blue bars) and then we'll be able to advise you better.

Are you eating oatbran?

Hi biowidget - Can I just ask why you chose to skip Attack? I'm not making any judgement... just curious really. I wish I could keep doing Attack over and over (I lost 11lbs on the 4 days I was on it!) but I know that's not part of the plan.

Is the restriction? Because its really no less restrictive than a PP day (with the exception that you get "tolerated foods" on a Cruise PP day).

Feel free to ignore... just being nosy! ;-)

Normally, people moving from Cambridge/LL or Atkins don't need to do attack as they're already in ketosis, but the OP wasn't as had had some time out!

I'm actually not doing attack this time myself - cos I didn't gain much on holiday, when I came out of ketosis, so I thought I'd give my body a break and go straight onto alternate days... I'm pretty much at my target though so it's different, and why I asked OP's weight...

Back