I will NOT be a fat Chief Bridesmaid and then a Fat Bride!

Pinkemi

Hi All...

On the 20th August I am being Chief Bridesmaid to my little sister (yay!). Not quite so yay is the fact that the rest of her bridal party are TINY! (and im not trying to exaggerate here. ) I, by no means, want to be the fat blob next to all these model thin women. I am then getting married myself in exactly a year! eeeh exciting!

Therefore I thought I would try the “Working Solution” for a month as a boost. If things go well then I might carry on.

I have tried these kinds of diets in the past and have always stumbled after like the first week. I will be interested to see if I can keep it up!

I am hoping that by discussing it here.. that it will keep me on track. :)

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll be able to reduce your weight before the wedding - exciting times!! Do you have your dress??
I do total solutions and haven't read about working yet so must do that!
Good luck on your journey. You'll get lots of support in here.

Hi MrsN. :) Thanks for the welcome. :)

I picked Working solution so that I can still eat "normal food" with my Fiance in the evening. I find at work I can just about get away with eating the bars etc with not much hassle.. its just home time that I struggle with. Also i know what i'm like.. If I can't eat anything but packs then I soon get fed up!

Not yet bought the dress yet! For either events actually. haha I dont want to start wedding dress shopping until I feel more comfortable in my skin... Otherwise whats meant to be a happy day.. will be a sad day indeed! lol

So.. I found some of my old packs from when I tried this before (lasted a week. :() so I'm doing a day today!

DAY 1

Starting Weight: 15st 4lbs (214.2lbs)
Mood: Positive.
Hunger: at Bay.

:greenapple:

Last edited:
Day 1

Mood: :badmood:(about sums it up! lol)

So a work colleauge of mine decided to take it upon herself to comment on my choice of Diet. (She saw me preparing my Daal for lunch.) It's put me in a bad mood slightly that people feel the need to bad mouth my choices. (I got the typical: "losing weight too fast is bad for you," and "what about the saggy skin you will get?" and dont forget the "you will only put it all back on again once you go back to eating normally.") o_O

I just dont GET why people feel it necessary to offer you "advice" when you never asked for it. MEH!

*off to eat my Lunch in peace.*

Hi Pinkemi and welcome. Just ignore your colleague, or rather use her comments to motivate you to lose the weight and keep it off! Really frustrating that people feel the need to say those things. Enjoy your daal :)

Hey Womble.. thanks for the welcome. :)

So I put FAR too much water in the Daal... ended up being a sloppy mess. Edible but not enjoyable. :(

Day 1

Mood: back to positive!;)

So just made up my Irish Cream shake (3rd pack for the day.) Good thing about these is I can pretend they are a protein shake! My office seem to be very exercise consious.. so this is the best way round having to explain to everyone that I'm on a VLCD. lol

Hubby to be is cooking a chicken bryiani with a yogurt dip later so will have a small portion of that for my din dins.

I will be unable to follow the plan over the weekend as using up my left over packs (from when I first tried this) and only have these ones today! Going to try my HARDEST to do well over the next three days.. we will see! Hopefully my new packs will arrive soon!:confused:

How are you getting on??
People will always have a view about this type of diet. I try not to tell anyone.

So.. I had a major set back over the weekend.. Basically fell completely off the wagon. :banghead: So I am trying to re-start today! I seem to have been sent two "Mystery shakes." Bit worried about them. haha

Although I am off on a "Long Weekend" with my Fiancee on Friday so will be trying to eat healthy! The hotel has a pool so I am going to make full use of it! Actually I think it also has a gym so I might take my gym kit too! :)

So.. lets start again:

Day 1

Mood: Postive again!:p

So.. I am seriously flagging today (lack of sleep last night) and in desperate need of a coffee! I normally only put in a dash of milk.. is that allowed on the working solutions??

AH! Never mind.. I just found it! :) I can have skimmed milk on the "Total Plus" (which is the new name for Working solution right?) but just have to add the calories.

Off I go to get a coffee!! :woohoo:

Day 1

So I just had my new order come in and i realised i had two of the Daals on there. :( Not good as I wasnt a fan of them!

Had a lemon cheescake shake for breakfast which kept me full until about 11ish. Just gulped down a load of water and feeling okay.. trying to work out if I have my lunch (not sure what to have yet) now or in a bit..

Hope everyone else is doing okay?

I'm doing ok so far! Had about 1/3rd of a bar and plan on having a shake when I get home at lunch.

As I think you have seen on my diary today is my restart after a week off plan so we are in this together and can do this! I get married in January eeekkkk x

AH! Congrats Bex! :) So many people getting married next year.. love weddings! :)

Glad to hear you are doing okay. I went for the Indian curry for lunch... Currently eating it as I type.. although I put FAR too much water in it. (I tend to have this problem a lot it seems!) It is more like an indian soup then a curry. :D

Just realised I hadn't updated my weight...

Starting weight was actually 15st 5lbs (215.8lbs) :(

oh.. hmm.. not sure about this one! Just eating the Chocolate Chip cookie as my 3rd pack for the day..

It has a REALLY artifical after taste to it. Almost like a... I dunno.. like a protien shake in a cookie form. o_O I can quite honestly say.. i dunno if i like it or not. LOL

Dissapointing..

So tonight was not great but also not bad.. My healthy supper was a chicken breast with cous cous and loads of veg! The only bad part was that I felt so dizzy after my workout that i had a piece of toast with Philadelphia on it. :-/

But all in all im happy with that start. :)

I don't like the cookies! And cookies are my fav lol. Not sure but cous cous I think is carbs? Should you be having very low carbs? I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will put me right lol x

oh.. I thought for the working solution you were allowed it but in very small quantities. o_O

On a Wednesday I work from home.. and have realised that I have loads of food that is going off. I dont have the money to just waste it.. so I am going to try and eat healthily today so that it doesnt go to waste. (Loads of fruit and veggies going off! The meat I have been able to freeze.)

Sent my Fiancee off with a school type packed lunch! haha Just so we dont waste the food. I didnt plan this very well really.

Back