i work in a chip shop, any tips?

tegzy

i work nights in a fish and chip shop, its my first day on LT today and i really need to keep my fingers out of the chip box haha! friday and saturday nights i work 7.30pm till 3.00am

i need to stick to this as i have a hol in sept and want to feel comfortable in shorts

ahhhhh, please help :eek:

Keep focused on being slim. Say to yourself I might want that chip but I want to be slim more.

See the chip as a big ball of fat.

Good luck :)

thanks! ill try that one. argh im so hungry and its only my first day. dreading work this weekend hope i can resist!

I am only on week 2, it does get easier, keep busy, clean, decorate, garden, make a hot drink, anything to take your mind off it :)

This is going to sound really mean, but I know it would work in my head.

Every time an overweight person comes in to buy chips just think to yourself "there's no way I want to look like you on my holidays". Just make sure you don't say it out loud :eek:

thanks guys! the one about fat people coming in is a good one. just a bit worried about being tired as i work long hours and work is very boring lol :(

Hey there!

Every time you want a chip, could you not drink some water? Or soda water as that seems to really fill my stomach!

Just keep reallllly focused on how you want to look on your holiday!

yeah, ive said to myself this is my last chance of being thin and happy, ive tried everthing else and i never seem to be able to do it, i am a total food adict, so maybe not having any at all will change my mind, and not make me want to have loads of big portions and lots of different types of food all together lol

Hi if it was me I would have a photo of what I want to look like on my holiday, and have it stuck under the counter (so customers couldn't see it) then everytime I wanted to pick up a chip i'd look at it and say "that will be me on my holiday this year". As well as all the above advise on drinking when I get that urge too lol x

i hope my weight loss is like everone elses, its amazing how well you have all done, just hope that working in the chip shop doesnt nack it up for me

Can you wear some kind of mask ? so you can't smell it ?

That's hard :( but I find that the smell is as if I had eaten it (without the calories or weight). They've had some fantastic french all butter biscuits at work all week. My resolve has been so sorely tested - but I have found if I had a good smell of them, that's enough. Good idea about a picture under the counter too that should spur you on. With a few weigh-in results that will really spur you on. Keep focussed and good luck on your journey.

hmm thats a good idea, are we allowed salt, cos i will admit to licking some salt last night to make it feel as though i had ate something and still had a flavor in my mouth hha

Lol!!
Im not sure if we are allowed salt or not, but i doubt it can do anything bad.

lol, evryone at work a bit sick of my constant toilet trips too haha. but i only been having like 2.5-3L a day, only a tad over RDA they obviously dont drink enough and dont need to pee, cos if they were drinkin 2L they would pee alot too

Gah i hate the toilet trips! I spend about half my day in that ruddy bathroom! And i can only manage two litres! So 2.5-3 L is really good. Hopefully by next week i can drink that much.

its only my 3rd day, i just alternate between having 1L then a hot drink then another 1L and maybe 2 green teas on a night, summit nice an warm in my tummy :)

do you like the soup? app we are allowed salt and pepper in it, tried it like that yesterday and it was still disgusting, and still have a few to get through this week! EEK! maybe i should make it thicker so its not as much in volume to drink?

If you really can't stomach the soups you could always go and swap them back at the chemists, most let you do this. I swapped 2 chicken soups today for choc cos I was given them by mistake last week. The more water you drink on this it seems the more you get used to it. I started by struggling to get 2lts down me but now I have 4lts and don't pee so much as at the beginning.

Back